Audi pre sense fault please contact workshop

WesT-gefül

Reaction score
I don’t seem to be having luck with my b9. First the gearbox replacement under warranty and now this. Was wondering if others have had this fault and what was done to resolve it? Comments etc.

This is definitely something I want fixed and luckily it’s still in warranty. Toying with the idea of taking out extended warranty for peace of mind.

Just to let other know it’s flashes up on the bigger screen whilst driving especially when going faster than operating speed and then dipping down to operating speed. It’s not just on startup like I’ve seen on another thread where you have just the small warning icon.

I wonder if this would be fixed by the update to the camera since that's used in the pre sense system I believe. It's service campaign 90k9 'Servicing of front camera' and there's a thread here about it. :)

Neither have I, although some people are saying that you don't actually get anything through and they just do it when your car goes in for something...

Reactions: WesT-gefül
Yeah, my S5 is going in for its first Oil Change in a couple of months and they have already said it has some software updates needed.

Cheers, Andy

There is the software update and then there is this issue where the fault is coming up on the full screen as I’ve mentioned. It keeps coming up and makes a noise (warning sound) whilst I’m driving. Obviously I can’t take a picture whilst driving but I’ll try get it with someone else taking the pic.

Car is now booked in for a warranty claim.

Hopefully, if they apply this update, it will resolve it. Anything about the driving conditions that could be triggering this? Ambient temps etc..

I was getting a similar message on my A6 C8 - until I gave it a wash. Must have been some dirt obscuring the camera or one of the front sensors...

I also thought it was dirt. So washed the windscreen. To no avail. The windscreen has been dirty before. Either way as it’s not costing me I’m fine as long as it’s fixed. The only condition where it beeps at me is speed.

I was finally able to capture a shot of the error flashing up and beeping at me.

757235e3b8e1fd24f3ee3605862bce2f.jpg

Has anyone ever got this and had it resolved?

I was finally able to capture a shot of the error flashing up and beeping at me.

757235e3b8e1fd24f3ee3605862bce2f.jpg

Has anyone ever got this and had it resolved?
Having the exact same fault. Did you get it sorted. My car is out of warranty and wasn't bought in the local Audi garage so I'm afraid of going there as they will want to fleece me.

Does anyone know how big the fault is. Car is spotless by the way so can't be dirt.

You probably would need a fault code reader, such as ODB11, so you could get some idea of what is causing this...

If pretty much anything related to drivetrain, brakes, suspension etc is 'wrong' the car deactivates pre sense as a safety precaution. When my thermostat went bad it was the first clue I had that something was wrong, followed by a lower than normal temperature reading and fans running overtime. It was some time later the engine fault light came on.

So likely there is nothing wrong with presense itself, its just gone into protection mode for some reason. As said, fault code reader is required.

Reactions: Audiinthebrain
Having the exact same fault. Did you get it sorted. My car is out of warranty and wasn't bought in the local Audi garage so I'm afraid of going there as they will want to fleece me.

Does anyone know how big the fault is. Car is spotless by the way so can't be dirt.

Havnt been in here for a while. I had it “sorted under a update” the car is out of warranty now BUT luckily I have the extended warranty. Had to take it back again. The car is having a new camera fitted. God knows how much that would have cost if we didn’t have the warranty.

Reactions: cuke2u
Audi have kept the car another day. Imagine fitting a camera & programming it stumps Audi. It also needs a windscreen which I’ll have replaced soon. Hope I don’t sit there like a lemon. Gone are the days where they come to you to have the windscreen fitted.

Not all dealerships have the, expensive from what I understand, equipment to calibrate the cameras...

New camera in the car no issues as of now. Anyone having false positives on your b9’s pre sense camera please have it looked at.

Reactions: cuke2u
Havnt been in here for a while. I had it “sorted under a update” the car is out of warranty now BUT luckily I have the extended warranty. Had to take it back again. The car is having a new camera fitted. God knows how much that would have cost if we didn’t have the warranty.

£1,162.87!

Reactions: WesT-gefül