Facelift Audi Phone Box - Charging Stopped Working

well_cool

Reaction score
Anyone else had/having this problem? Wireless charging via the Audi Phone Box has worked great since new for 3 months, but this week has stopped outright. Tried with various devices, and none charge.

Thankfully the car is booked in for warranty work next week anyway, so I've added this to the job sheet, but wondered if anyone here has had this happen?

Dealer called today to say that "the charger is fine, iPhones don't work in it". After trying - unsuccessfully - on the phone to explain that I'm using a QI case which A) has worked up until last week and B) still works fine on my other wireless chargers, we got nowhere and I actually had to drive back to the dealer to show them that the phone doesn't charge. Apparently they don't have anything to test this themselves, despite selling cars specced with wireless chargers.

Audi service never fails to surprise me.

Reactions: OST
Dealer called today to say that "the charger is fine, iPhones don't work in it". After trying - unsuccessfully - on the phone to explain that I'm using a QI case which A) has worked up until last week and B) still works fine on my other wireless chargers, we got nowhere and I actually had to drive back to the dealer to show them that the phone doesn't charge. Apparently they don't have anything to test this themselves, despite selling cars specced with wireless chargers.

Audi service never fails to surprise me.

Sadly I fear Audi services generally are getting slack. They seem lazy and interested only in the preservation of their bottom line (I cant honestly blame them they are a business after all) and annoying the customer as much as possible with mundane queries for simple issues...

All in not something you expect from a premium brand but something I have become used to..

They've replaced the 'charging pad' and all is well now. Note that there was no fault code at any point.

Reactions: OST
This has happened to mine. :sadlike: :notworking:
Has anyone else had this issue?
How common is it?

Attachments

• notworking[1].gif
    notworking[1].gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 245
Had mine changed under warranty last week, my S3 is 5 months old.

I've had the same problems with A7 2018. In the mmi settings, go to factory reset. Scroll down to wireless charging and select only this. Hit ok and the problem is fixed immediately.

Reactions: s3mad_dude
I'm guessing it's possible but most likely very expensive via the dealer. Cheap solution is to buy a 3rd party charging pad and just plug it in. I did this with my previous car.