Audi Phatnoise

Anito

Reaction score
Hello All,

It's been a while since my last post, but as i'm thinking about changing my car I though I'd ask the experts.

I'm thinking about ordering a new B7 A4 with Phatnoise. Simple question, is it worth it in terms of quality, performace, etc? Or should I save my money and buy something aftermarket?
cheers.

If your gonna get a Phatnoise, don't get it from Audi.....they want £700 for the thing.

I just bought mine on Ebay for £200 and am fitting it myself (with a little help from Craigyb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

As for the quality and performance.....I don't know yet as my car isn't due until the end of October /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Look at some of Craigyb's posts or even PM him. He does Phatnoise installs and he's only about an hour away from you!

I love mine (has it about 6 weeks or so). I bought the VW one from ebay for £169. All works perfectly and is virtually plug and play.

boughtone from the states one of the best things i have bought!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Does it only work with VAG OEM head units, or can it be set up to play with aftermarket HUs, like Alpine?

Cheers guys, i'll take it from the list of options then.

[ QUOTE ]
Does it only work with VAG OEM head units, or can it be set up to play with aftermarket HUs, like Alpine?

[/ QUOTE ]

BUMP!

[ QUOTE ]
I have 3 phatnoises in stock currently.

Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

how much are you after for an audi phatbox Craig?

Thanks, ScoTTY. Have looked & it doesn't look like i can hook it up to my Alpine HU. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

take a look here:

http://www.phatnoiseuk.co.uk/phatnoise_buy.php

they seem to be offering an alpine phatbox solution (granted, it uses a certain head unit, and they dont have it in stock) - but you could ask them how it's possible.

I have doubts whether this site is affiliated with phatbox though..

[ QUOTE ]
take a look here:

http://www.phatnoiseuk.co.uk/phatnoise_buy.php

they seem to be offering an alpine phatbox solution (granted, it uses a certain head unit, and they dont have it in stock) - but you could ask them how it's possible.

I have doubts whether this site is affiliated with phatbox though..

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a diamond, Madvw. That Alpine HU is exactly the one I've got. I've sent off an enquiry email asking if they can supply the Phatbox only to hook up to it.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi Craig - I am very interested in a phatnoise but for some reason I can't PM you. Can you please let me have a price for supply and fitting. Thanks.