Audi PCP - buy or accept offer ?

woodyuk

Reaction score
Hi

So I have a 4 year Audi Finance PCP deal coming to an end with Audi for an A3 2.0 "12 plate" Black Edition and just placed an order for a new A4 coming in March.

My A3 is in great condition and fully loaded apart from SatNav only needs around £500 of paint (3 car park scratches / alloy referb and will look like new.

Audi has offered £700 equity in the car as is. So they will pay off my balance with Audi Fianace and use the £700 as part of my deposit in A4. However, I am seeing on Autotrader my car going for at least £14,500+. If I bought the car myself, did the touch up work would still pocket around £3k rather than the £700.

Is it just easier to do the deal with Audi and not have the hassle of selling privately?

What would you do?

Seeing cars on auto trader for 14K does not mean the sellers are getting 14K. If you have time to trade the car in before you hand it back to the dealers then do so, but unless you have the cash to buy the car first, then not many people will buy cars with a finance marker against it. So finance to sort out, paint work, scammers, time wasters and tyre kickers, it just sounds like a load of hassle to me.

Reactions: woodyuk
Kind of what i though as well :) thanks for helping.

Have you tried any local garages to see if they would buy off you, you may get more that way if you are looking to get as much as you can out of the car.....