Audi parking system plus

Wxm

Reaction score
On cars with the parking system plus (No rear camera) does the mmi display show guide /trajectory lines when manoeuvring ?

On cars with the parking system plus (No rear camera) does the mmi display show guide /trajectory lines when manoeuvring ?

Yes it does :) But it's pretty useless, it only shows the steepness of your turn and I have never, ever used it!

Reactions: Milnesafc and Mark_86
And it shows how close each sensor is to an object but the trajectory bit isn't much use really.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and AudiNutta
My parking visual shows how close i am on all four corners so is very useful but perhaps that's because i have self-parking (although I've never used it).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68
You get the yellow trajectory lines plus blue lines showing where the parked car will end up I think also with proximity of each corner.

Reactions: Jassyo06
You get the yellow trajectory lines plus blue lines showing where the parked car will end up I think also with proximity of each corner.

That's with a rear camera :)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
I've used parking system plus once in 3 years, just to demonstrate it to the wife, lol....never really used it. Waste of 800.00

I've used parking system plus once in 3 years, just to demonstrate it to the wife, lol....never really used it. Waste of 800.00

Do you mean Park assist? I think I will be using my parking plus (front and rear sensors with visual display) all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn
There are 4 sensors on both front and rear with each sensor showing an indication of the relationship between each sensor and any object individually.
As mentioned the red trajectory lines aren't really any use on their own.

Reactions: Rob2k68
I like to use my Park Assist whenever I can for parallel parking just to get my money's worth aha! Part of me thinks next time I'll save the £800 and just stick with the Parking System Plus, but then I have found it a useful feature for the parallel parking quickly when others are watching putting the pressure on! For the bay park, I've found it pretty useless and seems to want to straight up several times into a bay that I could've slotted into first time myself..

Do you mean Park assist? I think I will be using my parking plus (front and rear sensors with visual display) all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in the PFL stone age days it was called parking system plus the rear camera is only with this, think it's still the same, but Audi may have given the name a wee makeover for you FL guys,truth be told front sensors are poor value for money and kinda useless l won't be speccing them again

Parking System Plus costs £700 as is basically the front and rear sensors. Rear sensors only costs £425. Park Assist is the system that actually parks the car for you is £875. That means you are only paying £175 extra for the Park Assist. This is why I decided to include it on the latest A3 but I must admit the only time it's been used so far is when the sale man demonstrated it when I collected the car.

Reactions: glospete
It's the front and rear parking sensors I meant . Don't think I'd have any need for the park assist

Parking System Plus costs £700 as is basically the front and rear sensors. Rear sensors only costs £425. Park Assist is the system that actually parks the car for you is £875. That means you are only paying £175 extra for the Park Assist. This is why I decided to include it on the latest A3 but I must admit the only time it's been used so far is when the sale man demonstrated it when I collected the car.

If I had realised that Park Assist was only a little extra on top of Parking System Plus, I'd have included it - even if I was rarely going to use it.

From the A3 price guide, I thought it was only £125 if you had specified the Driver Assistance Pack, not the Parking System Plus too.

Back in the PFL stone age days it was called parking system plus the rear camera is only with this, think it's still the same, but Audi may have given the name a wee makeover for you FL guys,truth be told front sensors are poor value for money and kinda useless l won't be speccing them again
Agreed front sensors very rarely going to be useful - I mainly went for it so that I could have the visual display.

I have front and rear sensors with no camera and have no guide lines. I mentioned somewhere in another thread about having them activated but no replies. Not sure why some have the guidelines and some not? is it a FL thing?i thought i had seen PFL's with them...

I find my front sensors very useful. Obviously we can all see what we are going to hit as its in front of us but adds that piece of mind. I like them!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn