Audi on the 'most stealable' list .. worrying?

Rupert49

Reaction score
An article has come my way this morning which alerts us to the current hi-tech car theft devices: locking jammers and relay boxes.

https://www.petrolprices.com/news/most-steal-able-vehicles-list/

It seems that even if your car keys are safely out of sight in a drawer somewhere, potential thieves can still scan for them and divert the wireless signal to a device of their own, which your car will then recognise and obediently depart your property.

It's quite a short article, but no less informative for that. It includes an alphabetical list of the top ten most stealable cars, which predictably includes Audi, BMW, etc., as these are seen as mid to high end 'prestige' vehicles and are presumably often stolen 'to order'.

I always store my keys, both the main set and the spare, in drawers somewhere in my house. Now I think I'll have to obtain a couple of metal boxes (an old OXO tin perhaps?), but what do I do when I'm out and about?

This is for cars with Comfort access. Simple answer is don't spec it. I would expect Ins Co.s will be asking whether it is an option on the vehicle if thefts get really bad.

Faraday pouch for the key when you're out & about & keep them in the microwave at home are two low cost solutions... just don't cook them!!!

Pleased my next car will be a SEAT then ... :whistle2::D

This would probably explain the ridiculous rise in car insurance premiums that all us Audi drivers are having contend with

Reactions: Andy F
Pleased my next car will be a SEAT then ... :whistle2::D

So shouldn’t have much of a problem then ....
76056bb1b54fe291ba4116559cbd7417.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: happytalk73, Jassyo06, azibux1 and 1 other person
Never spec keyless go, as the thieves will go without the keys

dont bother hiding your keys away. if someone is crazy enough to break in then leave them where they can see them without having to ransack your house.

its just a bunch of metal and you're insured.

Reactions: richinsoton
Boring boring again boring......

Reactions: azibux1, GW1, Daveotto and 2 others
Faraday pouch for your keys while in the house and an Autowatch Ghost immobiliser seems to work..

Boring boring again boring......

Im sorry this is really true. This is so boring.

Please, if you are worried sbout your car being nicked, sell it and buy something awful.

Otherwise, grow up

Reactions: Chris43, happytalk73, GW1 and 1 other person
My GAP insurance cost £153...for 2 years Cushty

Reactions: azibux1, richinsoton, GW1 and 1 other person
With who?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I got 4 years cover with £30k claim limit from ALA for £209.65.

I priced matched ALA with the same figures from shortfall.co.uk.

You shouldn’t need to cover full price of your car as your comprehensive insurance will always cover say 50% even after 3 years? Or am I wrong in saying that?

You shouldn’t need to cover full price of your car as your comprehensive insurance will always cover say 50% even after 3 years? Or am I wrong in saying that?

yep, does what it says on the tin......GAP...covers the gap between purchase price and insurance payout

Yep lol. Thought so. I covered £30k even though £25k was enough, but was same price!

I deffo needed it as I have advanced key on mine. I really couldn’t live without it, and the push start button makes the car feel a lot newer.

The Audi S3 features in practically all news articles related to car crime these days. The sad reality is that if you want an S3 be prepared to pay a lot to insure it. My insurance is up for renewal, by adding a dashcam to the proposal it knocked £47 off the premium so they are things you can do to reduce the cost.

Not suggesting it was stolen but they just confirmed that in the horrific accident in Birmingham, the four guys were in an Audi S3 that hit the taxi. Ive driven on that road and its lethal as there is no crash barrier