Audi noob advice

ayrshire

Reaction score
Hi, new job means new car , always fancied and Audi A3 and really like the Diesels as mpg is important to me. I have circa 10k budget.... in short whats my best A3 for that budget?, sorry to be a pain guys & thanks:)

No one is a noob on here !
Dont think your being a pain in asking questions, its what the site is intended for !
However, you may be better off making a post in the A3 sections of the site, as you'll probably get quicker and more replies.

Oh, almost forgot, WELCOME !

Olly_K said:
However, you may be better off making a post in the A3 sections of the site, as you'll probably get quicker and more replies.

Oh, almost forgot, WELCOME !

thanks, I thought I had posted in the correct section (?):confused:

ayrshire said:
thanks, I thought I had posted in the correct section (?):confused:

DOH !
You did, I saw the title and thought it was in the Welcome section, call myself an admin tsk tsk tsk

lol, thanks for the replies guys, you reckon its *impossible* to get a new shape for circa 10k? (pref 2.0 TDI 140 SE) even a private sale? (apologies if i`m being totally outrageous here)

valuations from a well known site seem to suggest maybe(?)

Audi A3 (03-) Hatchback 2.0 TDI 140 SE 3dr
Hatchback 3dr
2003-53 Mileage 50,000

Dealer £10,845
Private £9,895
Part Ex £9,545
Cost New £19,800

1968 138 24/19000 11 Diesel 50.4mpg

There is a few on Auto trader, highish mileage from 9.5K for 2.00tdi 140 sports. Any good?

yeah thats where the valuations came from, not exactly clear about the different models of the diesels, I think i am correct in saying some variants have substantially better mpg?

thanks a lot for the replies guys

if the A3 is too expensive i may have to go for Golf TDI

now i need to sell my <cough>Yaris </cough>.........:blush:

Mine is a 53-plate 2.0TDI SE and will have done about 50k miles in December when it is replaced.

It might be worth checking out the auctions as quite a few 03/53-platers that were company cars like mine will be getting dumped on the auctions by the lease companies around now.

ayrshire said:
yeah thats where the valuations came from, not exactly clear about the different models of the diesels, I think i am correct in saying some variants have substantially better mpg?

thanks a lot for the replies guys

if the A3 is too expensive i may have to go for Golf TDI

now i need to sell my <cough>Yaris </cough>.........:blush:

That's what i did, just wish i'd waited for more second hand sportback TDI's to hit the market. Go for the A3.:eyebrows:

cheers guys, A3 is def my preferred option, just need to keep my eyes open for the right deal