Audi Newbie with a few questions

eddie2602

Reaction score
Hi all,

First of thought I'd start by saying my name's Chris and I'm the proud owner of a 2008 A4 Avant spec edition Quattro (220 version). Only had the car a few months now but got to say I love it and for overall value for money it ticks all the boxes for me with a dog and a kid on the way. I like my cars to be pokey aswell hence going for the 220 version, was very close to getting an S4 but it wouldn't have been practical as a daily driver. Coming from an Insignia VXr with 325 bhp and 325 lbft at your right foot, it obviously doesn't feel quite as quick. So the obvious solution to that is a remap. Now I like the idea of putting the map on yourself and having the option of swapping or removing the map whenever you like, so I'm kind of between a superchips bluefin (although I must say I'm not a massive fan of superchips) or a FR&R STB which gives you the option of 3 maps inc stock, eco and power. Self Tuning System (STB) Locked - FR&R Tuning| MAHA Dyno Rolling Road Tuning| Stage 1, 2 & 3 Engine Performance Upgrades

Anyone have any experience of said STB remap or what gains I should expect to see? I have emailed them but was wondering if anyone on here might have an answer in the meantime. Superchips quote +23bhp and +20lbft which to be hoest seems a little low by all accounts. Any views on either of these sytems or any others?

Anyway heres the bus. So far all I've done is change plugs and put a rev D DV on it but I have plans!:)

New BeastNew Beast2New Beast3

This was the old bus.. I do miss that power! :(

Insignia vxr
IMG 0030

Last edited:
You will be to busy feeding its with petrol to have any time/money for mods:jump:

Compared to the VXr the econony on that is more akin to a diesel! 35mpg ish on motorways is better than I'm used to. Like I say nearly went for the 4.2, but fuel economy really did put me off with that!