Audi Newbie looking for advice

donnneee

Reaction score
I sold my 2014 GTR a couple of months ago, and although it was an amazing car, it just wasn't practical for me as a daily, and also, not being driven much I couldn't justify the high cost of maintenance on it.

For me, the RS3 ticks all the right boxes and I'm now searching for the right one, and and hoping some of you could help me here.

My budget is max £35k, and it seems that most in this range are 2015-2016 models with between 20-35k miles.

1. What should be carried out at 4/5 years or 30/40k miles services? Any estimation of costs would be extremely useful as I could factor this into the price of the car.

2. One of my must haves is the performance exhaust. How can I confirm if the car does have a performance exhaust ? Is there a button in the dash (like the AMGs have)

3. I'm completely new to German cars, and have always had Jap performance cars. So all these "packs" are confusing to me, ie. comfort pack, sound pack etc
Could anyone list the packs and what would be included with each?

I sold my 2014 GTR a couple of months ago, and although it was an amazing car, it just wasn't practical for me as a daily, and also, not being driven much I couldn't justify the high cost of maintenance on it.

For me, the RS3 ticks all the right boxes and I'm now searching for the right one, and and hoping some of you could help me here.

My budget is max £35k, and it seems that most in this range are 2015-2016 models with between 20-35k miles.

1. What should be carried out at 4/5 years or 30/40k miles services? Any estimation of costs would be extremely useful as I could factor this into the price of the car.

2. One of my must haves is the performance exhaust. How can I confirm if the car does have a performance exhaust ? Is there a button in the dash (like the AMGs have)

3. I'm completely new to German cars, and have always had Jap performance cars. So all these "packs" are confusing to me, ie. comfort pack, sound pack etc
Welcome to the forum:thumbs up:
Seeing as you are asking for an RS3 specifically you should put your question to the RS3 sub section...
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/forums/rs3-forum-8v-chassis.348/
Either way someone will come along here and answer your questions...Good luck in finding an RS.

Reactions: Sandra

Found this which should cover your question on what's required for servicing.
https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam...heduled_Maintenance_Flipbook_Pages_022317.pdf

Not from the UK so won't comment on the different packs but in terms of what I think is essential would be the audi sports exhaust and the supersport seats which are the same base as the standard ones but look miles better and a must for future resell imo.

What I will say though is to look for a 2017/2018 rs3 if you can stretch your budget. I went from a mk7 golf r to a 2015 rs3 (pfl) and now to a 2017 rs3 (fl) and the difference is massive especially if you plan on doing anything to it. The 2015/2016 models sound amazing but the fl is better in every other aspect.

- Tuning wise the fl is vastly superior, even more so if you want to upgrade the turbo down the line. Even a stage 1/2 is a ridiculous amount of more power. Plus the fl is lighter up front due to the alu block (iron in the pfl)
- You get the virtual cockpit, nicer steering wheel, more aggressive looking front end as well as the upgraded tail and headlights (this might be part of a pack in the UK, not sure)
- Still sounds amazing although not as good as the pfl
- Handles much better. The pfl was much worse than my R around corners but the fl is now on par I would say. R felt more chuckable
- A lot more R and D on products since the pfl wasn't available in the US with those guys now pushing the limits on the fl
- Can go with a sedan instead of just the hatch
- 2017/18 Rs3 dosen't have the opf filters like the 2019/20 rs3 does for emissions

You'll probably be underwhelmed by either car stock compared to your GTR but a tuned fl will have you asking why you didn't change earlier.

You might stretch to a 8v facelift model. Defo worth the extra but only go for a non opf car 2017/8 model.
I am sure its alot cheaper to run than the GTR. It wont be as quick but to 80mph its not hugely far off (GTR 0-62 is overrated judging by vids on you tube, where most people struggle to get under 3.8 secs). However, its ALOT cheaper to upgrade.

Just had haldex oil and brake fluid changed and first mot at a main stealer - was £238. Tyres are 260-280 at main stealers. Alot of places wont install them or Michelins eg costco.