Audi MMI User Settings Update

Bdf777

Reaction score
Hello all,
I picked my 2021 S3 about 3 weeks ago and I'm posting on here for the first time as the garage can't help me!
It seems that every time I start the car, my MyAudi settings have been updated and the system prompts me to "update my individual user for my MyAudi account".
I've attached 3 pics to this post - I click continue on the welcome screen (image 1), and a few seconds later, the pop-up appears (image 2). Then the system shows "Loading personal Settings" for 2-3 minutes (image 3)...
Just to be clear, I could be driving, get out of the car and lock it, and get back in 15 mins later, and the same message would pop up - so I don't think that I've actually updated my account settings in between...
I've tried logging out and logging back into my MyAudi account, and removing and re-adding the key user, but nothing seems to to help.
Has anyone seen this same issue? Or does anyone have any tip/tricks on how to fix this?
Thanks for all of your help!

Attachments

• Audi Connect 1.jpeg
    Audi Connect 1.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,408
  • Audi connect 2.jpeg
    Audi connect 2.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1,082
  • Audi Connect 3.jpeg
    Audi Connect 3.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,046
Hi, i have been having the same problem for about a month. Pressing discard doesn’t help and if I press apply I need to wait for 20-30 seconds for everything to boot back up.

Interestingly enough I observed that if I press apply it will cause more problems. It happened a few times that after I pressed apply i was not able to change the track I was listening to on CarPlay via the steering whee button or the touchscreen. Only the media wheel would do the trick.

Like all other MMI crap that’s been going on, probably we will have to wait a long time until is fixed ..

Reactions: auzzam_crd
Hi, i have been having the same problem for about a month. Pressing discard doesn’t help and if I press apply I need to wait for 20-30 seconds for everything to boot back up.

Interestingly enough I observed that if I press apply it will cause more problems. It happened a few times that after I pressed apply i was not able to change the track I was listening to on CarPlay via the steering whee button or the touchscreen. Only the media wheel would do the trick.

Like all other MMI **** that’s been going on, probably we will have to wait a long time until is fixed ..
Unfortunately I believe and my dealer agrees it’s Apple CarPlay that is giving all the problems.
I was having endless problems every day until I stopped using CarPlay and co-incidentally all my problems have stopped.
I’ve told Audi Uk , Dealership and Audi Digital of my findings and they are looking into it.

Reactions: AdamInKent and auzzam_crd
Unfortunately I believe and my dealer agrees it’s Apple CarPlay that is giving all the problems.
I was having endless problems every day until I stopped using CarPlay and co-incidentally all my problems have stopped.
I’ve told Audi Uk , Dealership and Audi Digital of my findings and they are looking into it.
I got my very first MMI re-initialisation within 10 minutes of leaving the dealership after picking the car up and hadn't even touched CarPlay or connected my phone to the car at all (it was just on the radio).

Reactions: AdamInKent and SillyGoose
yep its not related to carplay unfortunately, its an easy out for Audi to blame that at the moment - much same the way they have told other owners their phones are too old!

I've had this on my vorsprung once or twice, no phones connected.

Reactions: AdamInKent and SillyGoose
yep its not related to carplay unfortunately, its an easy out for Audi to blame that at the moment - much same the way they have told other owners their phones are too old!

I've had this on my vorsprung once or twice, no phones connected.
I was told my phone was too new when I was having issues

I had my first experience of the user settings issues today after a couple of months of ownership and 600 miles. I stopped to put some fuel in the car and when I got back in and restarted it, it said that there was an error confirming my user settings (or something along those lines) and forced me to use the guest account, thus temporarily loosing all of my settings (most annoyingly the radio station list and iPhone connection). Fortunately, the voice control made finding the radio station I had been listening too relatively easy and the sat nav stayed locked onto my destination. I don’t know if it was just coincidence, but towards the end of the journey, when I selected reverse, the reversing camera failed.

Everything was back to normal again when I restarted the car (for a return journey) an hour or so later. I’m assuming it was the result of network connectivity problems when starting the car (signal strength was down to 2 bars): if the car can’t connect to the network to confirm a user profile then It won’t allow it to be used?

I guess a workaround might be to set the guest profile up to the main driver‘s preferences?

I had my first experience of the user settings issues today after a couple of months of ownership and 600 miles. I stopped to put some fuel in the car and when I got back in and restarted it, it said that there was an error confirming my user settings (or something along those lines) and forced me to use the guest account, thus temporarily loosing all of my settings (most annoyingly the radio station list and iPhone connection). Fortunately, the voice control made finding the radio station I had been listening too relatively easy and the sat nav stayed locked onto my destination. I don’t know if it was just coincidence, but towards the end of the journey, when I selected reverse, the reversing camera failed.

Everything was back to normal again when I restarted the car (for a return journey) an hour or so later. I’m assuming it was the result of network connectivity problems when starting the car (signal strength was down to 2 bars): if the car can’t connect to the network to confirm a user profile then It won’t allow it to be used?

I guess a workaround might be to set the guest profile up to the main driver‘s preferences?
Possibly, it definitely seems like there are less issues once removing the user accounts.

Reactions: AdamInKent
Yep I think it's all connected to the module controlling the built in SIM card. Whenever I have any user reset/connection issues the car network signal is v.low or doesn't exist. Compared to my phone signal with 4bars.

Hello all,
I picked my 2021 S3 about 3 weeks ago and I'm posting on here for the first time as the garage can't help me!
It seems that every time I start the car, my MyAudi settings have been updated and the system prompts me to "update my individual user for my MyAudi account".
I've attached 3 pics to this post - I click continue on the welcome screen (image 1), and a few seconds later, the pop-up appears (image 2). Then the system shows "Loading personal Settings" for 2-3 minutes (image 3)...
Just to be clear, I could be driving, get out of the car and lock it, and get back in 15 mins later, and the same message would pop up - so I don't think that I've actually updated my account settings in between...
I've tried logging out and logging back into my MyAudi account, and removing and re-adding the key user, but nothing seems to to help.
Has anyone seen this same issue? Or does anyone have any tip/tricks on how to fix this?
Hi,
I have had the same issue with my S3 for about the last month. The same message appears in the TFSIe using my account as well. I think the only way to get some progress is to log a call with the My Audi support team. I will do this and post what they recommend.

Hello all,
Hello all,
Hi I have now had a s3 a week now and I am having the same problems as you screen shutting down initialising user settings , loading personal settings spoken to the dealer they are saying it’s a software problem not good for a new car to be sent out with faults like this

Reactions: Mryolon
Well people I have managed to fix the problem. Not a great solution but it has worked and the S3 has not prompted me to apply profile changes. I removed the key user and deleted all profiles from the MMI. Set up a new account on MyAudi using a different email address, logged in on the vehicle using the new MyAudi account, added back the key user and all has been good thus far.
My deduction is that my original MyAudi account had in some way become corrupt (Audi Support would not / could not confirm if this was the case but I had given up on them trying to fix the issue).

Reactions: AdamInKent and Mryolon
Well people I have managed to fix the problem. Not a great solution but it has worked and the S3 has not prompted me to apply profile changes. I removed the key user and deleted all profiles from the MMI. Set up a new account on MyAudi using a different email address, logged in on the vehicle using the new MyAudi account, added back the key user and all has been good thus far.
My deduction is that my original MyAudi account had in some way become corrupt (Audi Support would not / could not confirm if this was the case but I had given up on them trying to fix the issue).
I will try this thank you

Hi I have now had a s3 a week now and I am having the same problems as you screen shutting down initialising user settings , loading personal settings spoken to the dealer they are saying it’s a software problem not good for a new car to be sent out with faults like this
Welcome to the world of Audi electronics. The new A3/S3 has many electrical issues. To be fair we only here about the faults on the forum and not the many thousands of happy drivers....if there are any.

I will try this thank you
I have setup a new account on the car but it is still doing the same thing closing down loading personal settings it is something to do with the internet connection because it does it at three separate locations when I drive to work always in the same places I have found

It’s usually in crowded places that this happens. It’s something to do with the SIM module. I am surprised you don’t get an emergency sos call warning light. I’ve had this problem since December

My suspicion is that it's related to cell site handover – when it transfers from one to the other. Mine also happens in the same places, so I'm keen to understand more about the mobile sites that cause it. If anyone knows which network the eSIM connects to, let me know!

My suspicion is that it's related to cell site handover – when it transfers from one to the other. Mine also happens in the same places, so I'm keen to understand more about the mobile sites that cause it. If anyone knows which network the eSIM connects to, let me know!
I’m told it’s Vodafone. I’m also told it’s something to do with Vodafone Ireland due to them still being part of Eurozone. I can’t deny or confirm what I’ve been told though .

As my cars at the dealers for the window regulator issue they have given me a 20 plate A4 40TDI quattro Avant. Not only is the car pretty nice overall but it's got the updated infotainment screen and MMI.

The system is identical in look and operation to the one in the A3. The difference is this system works and works flawlessly.

I've been plugging my phone in using the same cable as I do in my car but I've not had one example of it initialising or rebooting, crashing or being sluggish between screens. It's super snappy, responsive and the screen appears to be slightly higher resolution too. One of my main bugbears with the A3 is whilst using YouTube Music through Android Auto if I skip tracks too quickly it always causes not only the MMI but the app on the phone to crash needing a reboot. On the A4 it runs flawlessly.

For me it's as if the processor is much more advanced on the A4 or the A3 MMI is being corrupted somewhere.

Audi can get the MMI to work, just not on the A3.

Reactions: Mryolon and SillyGoose
interesting. another suggestion that it might not be software related, but a hardware issue because of the chip shortage…

Reactions: Oedo808, Mryolon and SillyGoose
Hi All,

I am having the same issue too on a 2 week old A3 saloon. I have taken it into audi twice and initially they said it was due to not registering the key. We done this and all seemed well untill the same issue occurred.
The second time I took it back they told me there weren't any available slots to see a technician untill August but they did say there have been issues with the sim module being interfered by 5g.

Living on the outskirt of london I tend to find that this problem pops up more often when driving around town compared to driving in more remote areas.

I will be taking the car back again and will update with any news.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Mryolon
Hi All,

I am having the same issue too on a 2 week old A3 saloon. I have taken it into audi twice and initially they said it was due to not registering the key. We done this and all seemed well untill the same issue occurred.
The second time I took it back they told me there weren't any available slots to see a technician untill August but they did say there have been issues with the sim module being interfered by 5g.

Living on the outskirt of london I tend to find that this problem pops up more often when driving around town compared to driving in more remote areas.

I will be taking the car back again and will update with any news.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. Yes the 5G interference is something that has been mentioned before. The issue is that no one seems to know for sure what the cause is or how to fix it.

Possibly, it definitely seems like there are less issues once removing the user accounts.
Out of interest - are there any functions that don't work if you delete the user account - and just use the guest account? I know that the settings won't change based on the driver of the car but...

Out of interest - are there any functions that don't work if you delete the user account - and just use the guest account? I know that the settings won't change based on the driver of the car but...
I don’t think it makes much difference if you are the sole driver of a single car. The key advantages of having a user account seem to be that setting gets transferred between cars (for example, if you need a loan car) or set to driver preference if your are one of multiple users of a single car.

For new owners, it’s best to make the decision of whether to set up user accounts sooner rather than later as I don’t think that guest settings can be transferred over (so if you set everything to your liking in the guest account and then decide that you need a user account, then you have to set up your preferences from scratch for the new account).

Last edited:
I've had the A3 for 2 weeks now and actually I've only used it under 'guest.' Besides the occasional SOS ping in the same places (no other gremlins yet), it keeps all the setting I last set, except that perhaps after a week or so the 'last destinations' on the Sat Nav has disappeared. I can only assume in dedicated user login mode, this would not disappear.

Reactions: bomp306
It looks like it’s been fixed now no more shutting down on the mmi the cars connection has changed from LTE to 3G and looks like it has sorted the problem out
That might be interesting - EE is already planning to turn off 3G in 2023. - other operators will follow suite!

I've had the A3 for 2 weeks now and actually I've only used it under 'guest.' Besides the occasional SOS ping in the same places (no other gremlins yet), it keeps all the setting I last set, except that perhaps after a week or so the 'last destinations' on the Sat Nav has disappeared. I can only assume in dedicated user login mode, this would not disappear.
I'm doing the same and had zero issues since

Hi,

It looks like it’s been fixed now no more shutting down on the mmi the cars connection has changed from LTE to 3G and looks like it has sorted the problem out
Hi,

How did you get the fix? My car is driving me nuts (no pun intended!). Did you get n update from Audi to switch from LTE to 3G? Mine says LTE all of the time no matter my location.

Cheers.

Tin

Reactions: SillyGoose and AdamInKent
I held the sos button down and couldn’t cancel the call in time to remove the sos fault so it connected me to the call centre I asked them to cancel the call from then on it switched me to 3G and not had a problem since all the cars problems are because of the lTE connection

Mine switched from LTE to 3g recently. Last week it was at the dealer for a routine oil / inspection ( no mention of an MMI software change although I did inform them of the problem ). However yesterday on a particular route in which is usually experience 8 - 10 MMI reboots there were none.

I have had my A6 C8 for 2 weeks and it has just started doing the same thing. It only started today but has done it 3 times already.

This was the original week (week 43) that a fix was promised. I got in touch with Audi UK today and they are now saying 'early December'...

The best thing thing to avoid this problem and to also avoid the random MMI reboots is to always stay logged in a guest user. I have done that in the past 2 weeks and no more issues. Only the emergency sos call warning light, but no MMI reboot

The best thing thing to avoid this problem and to also avoid the random MMI reboots is to always stay logged in a guest user. I have done that in the past 2 weeks and no more issues. Only the emergency sos call warning light, but no MMI reboot
If you are logged in as a guest user though are you still able to pair your phone / bluetooth to the car ?? (so you can make/accept calls and listen to music from the phone?)

If you are logged in as a guest user though are you still able to pair your phone / bluetooth to the car ?? (so you can make/accept calls and listen to music from the phone?)

Yes, I use CarPlay and it always connects automatically when i get into the car, regardless of whether im logged in as a guest user or my normal account.

I guess one difference is that you won’t have your navigation bookmarks saved and other things, but so far I did not notice any difference.

Better than the mmi rebooting

Reactions: NigelG