Audi mmi upgrade?

Amex88

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to upgrade the audi mmi? I have a 2010 s3. I bought a cable usb type c to mmi. I hope this will work for music tbh.

If not any way of upgrading it?

Thanks.

Hi guys.
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to upgrade the audi mmi? I have a 2010 s3. I bought a cable usb type c to mmi. I hope this will work for music tbh.

If not any way of upgrading it?

Thanks.
Disapiontly no. If you wana stream music via bluetooth you need to buy a tune2air which will plug into your mmi plug in your glove box ill attach a link from ebay with one on auction they can go for anything between £60-100+.

You just plug it in and connect your bluetooth to that and stream music only, if you can connect to two bluetooth devices like my note 10 its not a problem cause i can have both native audi bluetooth for phone calls and stream music.

If you want to upgrade your maps because chances are your still has the maps from.2010 or 2011, you can but 2019-2020 nav cd for the s3 for like 20-30 quid.

Otherwise you need an aftermarket head unit that will work.with your bose speaker system if you have it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254606847894

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply! Aj man thats such a shame!! Well i hope this mmi cable may work! It will arrive today if not will get that tune2air box! Just so annoying even a 2010 car has no built in bluetooth music!
May be even worth looking at an aftermarket head unit!

Just dont kmow what one that would be!

Some have android systems which tend to be cheaper but dont like the bose system and can be a ball ache which is still.probably the route i would go as they have the oem shape so it can partially look stock other have jvc/pioneers which are nice but more expensive but have a restriced operating system

Cheers musti!

Yeah I have seen one with an android system looks pretty good. £200 for it on eba . I asked them would it be compatible with the bose so lets see what they say. Pretty poor system the stock one. Does not even have a aux port! That sucks tbh. Even though my note 10 doesnt have an aux output but still!

Man i should just change the car lol only had it 5 months! Haha

Cheers musti!

Yeah I have seen one with an android system looks pretty good. £200 for it on eba . I asked them would it be compatible with the bose so lets see what they say. Pretty poor system the stock one. Does not even have a aux port! That sucks tbh. Even though my note 10 doesnt have an aux output but still!

Man i should just change the car lol only had it 5 months! Haha
Ive got a note 10 tooo , trust ke the wma3000 work seamlessly as soon as you unlock your car itll connect and start playing only porblem is when your connected to both the cars bluetooth for phone calls and to the mmi adaptor for music, my misses complains there alot of road noise (dsg noises)

So i have to faf about and discommect from the car and conmect my buds with don't get priority and reconnect to the car lol

Hahahah. Thats brillian . Luckily my Mrs had her own car. And the little one sits there so I have the s3 all to myself! Haha man id love an s8! Want the brutal v10 sound! But hey ho.

Im just hoping this adaptor with usb type c works. If not ill get an after market one!

Reactions: e9_mustii
Hahahah. Thats brillian . Luckily my Mrs had her own car. And the little one sits there so I have the s3 all to myself! Haha man id love an s8! Want the brutal v10 sound! But hey ho.

Im just hoping this adaptor with usb type c works. If not ill get an after market one!
Yea the one new s8 is just something else good luck bud

1st question is, do you actually have the ami in the glovebox to plug the wma unit into.

Ok so use the ami by adapter & see if this suffices.

I got the cabl . Plugged it mmi to phone. Says enternal audio source is activ . I go on youtube but cant hear a thing! I make a call but cant hear nothing either.

Am i missing something? Do i have to do something?

Also guys when i plug it and turn volume up. I can hear a sort of frequency drone noise! But no music from youtube or anything else! Radio works fine!

I dont get why it wont play anything!

Show us your glovebox unit, the cable & head unit before we go any further.

There you go guys.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200528-194809_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200528-194809_Gallery.jpg
    584.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20200528-194816_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200528-194816_Gallery.jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20200528-194822_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200528-194822_Gallery.jpg
    790.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_20200528-194828_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200528-194828_Gallery.jpg
    790 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20200528-194833_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200528-194833_Gallery.jpg
    798.4 KB · Views: 66
Head unit too

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200528-195049_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200528-195049_Gallery.jpg
    644 KB · Views: 75
Ok so it's rns-e with Ami.

It won't display video with the ami, if that's what you're looking for, also what's the part number of the cable.

Not looking for videos just music! I bought the part of amazon tbh. Says it was new 2019 model. Who knows i can hear noise when plugging in and volume high! Just not when palying! Is there an app to use for music specific to audi mmi? Or should it do youtube? Im sure it should as it has original audi iphone cable and that works!

It possibly isn't suitable for your end as it's more likely a real mmi unit cable, rns isn't real mmi so to speak.

Maybe its best to buy a tune2air kit instead. Would that work for my model?
Its just pathetic there is no aux port in a 2010 car!

Weird it has ami but no aux port.
It should be in the slot between the cup holder and lighter?

Nope! Just a rectangular slot there. Seriously that is a joke! I dont have an iphome otherwise id use the cable for it!

Still unreal no aux lol. Either i buy a tune2air or a head unit!

Maybe its best to buy a tune2air kit instead. Would that work for my model?
Its just pathetic there is no aux port in a 2010 car!

There is an auxin Ami cable you can buy that plugs into the glovebox, however they don't install auxin on A3 8p that has Ami fitted as you can use the auxin Ami cable, cars with no Ami that are spec'd for auxin will have them fitted with usually the concert, chorus or symphony head units & at times with rns-e on newer 8P cars.

Reactions: S.
Ok thank you for your help budd . I may just buy an sd card with large memory! Much easier that way and ill load it with tunes! God what hasstle for a ****** car. Never had this issue with my e92! Lol

Tbh I could sell you the ami cable & Bluetooth dongle that would give you wireless streaming, basically wireless auxin, plugs into the ami, WhatsApp me for a price.

No point using sd cards anymore when you have Spotify.

Spotify? I dont think ive ever used that. Dont even know what it is. Where are you located?

Honestly ive heard of it but never used it! Only seen in on ads mate!

Whats the price for blutooth ami dongle?