1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Audi MMI SD Card

Blackforce Feb 17, 2016

1. Blackforce

Blackforce Registered User

I am due to pick up my new Audi A3 on March 1st. However I have a question about the SD cards for MP3's. Is it just standard full size SD cards? Its not the smaller ones is it?

I am guessing this card will work ok.

Thanks for any help in advance.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. RichardT

RichardT Registered User

That will be fine. Normal full size SD card.

4. Blackforce

is there any reason to go for a faster SD card? Anyone notice any slowdown with class 4 cards compared to 10?

5. RichardT

RichardT Registered User

I use one of each and there's no difference.

6. Blackforce

Thanks.

7. Blackforce

With a car with sd navigation. Is one slot taken up with the nav card or is there 3 slots?

8. dolo

dolo Registered User

There are 2 slots, if Sat Nav is fitted then the SD card with the maps on takes one, leaving one for music

9. Tristan2

Tristan2 Guest

How many songs would a 16 gb hold
    What setting do I use to transfer from iTunes?

10. RichardT

RichardT Registered User

Quite a lot, but if buying a new card I would get a bigger one. Not very expensive.
    Just copy the music files to the card. There's lots of threads on here dealing with this - search is your friend. :rockwoot:

11. S32B

S32B Registered User

This is the one I use and it works perfectly

lol my security on the PC is blocking the link for me to see...but it is there :)

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. MrMoo28

MrMoo28 Registered User

Just looking into all this myself. Just ordered a SIM card so hoping its the correct one. I have plenty of SD cards lying around the house, a couple of class 10s. Does the MMI read exFAT formatting? For flash-based memory it is far superior to NTFS as it doesn't come with some of the overheads that NTFS does...

I imagine this is all in the FAQs stickied somewhere lol. I should utilise the search box :p

14. Trevolly

Trevolly Registered User

Does anyone think this card is any good for music in the A3?

image.jpg

15. jaypers777

jaypers777 Registered User

A 32gb will do you fine unless you are putting a huge amount if music on. You may need to experiment with album covers.....some work, some don't. A free download called Mp3tag is useful for this. I've found that the only difference the speed of card makes is when you put it in the slot for the very first time and the MMI reads it.......don't interrupt this process as it can cause duplicate tracks (weird bug). Only takes a minute or 2. Personally, I keep 2 cards and alternate the 2 as and when I add new tracks/albums etc.

Trevolly likes this.
Tags: