Audi Mechanic guides

Stiggles

Top Gear!
Reaction score
So I'm looking a little help on some useful guides, I want to learn a little more on the mechanical side of engines and all that, I already know a fair bit as most petrol heads do, but I would like to obtain a wider array of knowledge with regards to Engines and all the parts in an engine bay etc.

I have been thinking of buying an engine to take apart and put back together just for something interesting to do. I would appreciate anyone who picked up knowledge who isn't a mechanics advice on what the best way to do so would be!

Cheers

Just research! Many people learn by just messing around with engines and becoming more familiar with them! I learnt from my dad since i was young, now im rebulding my own engine etc.. Time, practise and knowledge of engines and systems on how things work and you'll be ok. Get a guide or a haynes manual to that engines car and see how to take it apart!

So I'm looking a little help on some useful guides, I want to learn a little more on the mechanical side of engines and all that, I already know a fair bit as most petrol heads do, but I would like to obtain a wider array of knowledge with regards to Engines and all the parts in an engine bay etc.

I have been thinking of buying an engine to take apart and put back together just for something interesting to do. I would appreciate anyone who picked up knowledge who isn't a mechanics advice on what the best way to do so would be!

Cheers

For detailed information about Audi's in particular search for ElsaWin on eBay. This is a computer based workshop manual that is used by Audi technicians at the dealers. It's not very expensive either and gives step by step instructions on how to do most things on an Audi.

+1 on the ElsaWin :thumbsup:

Cheers

here you can use the Audi repair questions as a guide for you on how to repair, maintain your car. It could help you a lot on this one.

Use the link in my signature for A3's