1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

AUDI LED AFTERMARKET DRL

FINEST_A3 Feb 27, 2012

1. FINEST_A3

FINEST_A3 Registered User

I've just got my first Audi A3, and loving it. It's a 2004 1.6 FSI SE, so the exterior isn't all that, looking to change some things around soon. Firstly I'm looking to put a tint on it and add some DRL's (SE doesn't have fogs) and xenons maybe angel eyes as they look quite genuine. Just wanted to ask if anyone knows what DRL's to recommend?
    Cheers

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. FranA3

FranA3 FMDETAILING Site Sponsor Gold Supporter

aftermarket drl's look bad in my eyes bud , if your going to get xenon's then oem only as aftermarket ones cause the wiper motor to blow , look at the top of the page and you will see a thread on hid's blowing wipers

4. FINEST_A3

Ok thanks and Whats the main difference with the bulb ones or the actual expensive ballest pack?

5. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Just bulb type are still incandescent filaments, brighter and whiter than standard. These will not blow the wiper motor.

Rick

6. FINEST_A3

Might just have to get them then. What if I got a genuine bi-xenon ballast pack of an Audi S3? Could I add that onto the aftermarket angel eyes for xenons?
    Sorry about the questions all new to this, thanks

7. mrpeng

mrpeng 2.0T Quattro

Don`t no why you would want to use genuine ballast on aftermarket lights but yeah you can the whole point of oem is exactly that to keep it all oem looking and as for the drl`s i have aftermarket 1`s and had a few people say how good they look just remeber most people on here just say oem all the way its your choice m8

8. FINEST_A3