Audi Lease - Acceptable Damage Limits

CrashEd

Reaction score
Least year I started a PCH deal through Audi for my 20 plate A4 S-line. So far so good.

Annoyingly, having returned to work one day a week, someone in the car park dinged the car door yesterday. It's only a small dint (didn't go through the paint fortunately, but has scratched it), but it is on the horizontal crease line of the door, near the handle. It's very small and you can only see it in certain light, but it is obvious.

Should I be worried?

Does anyone know how many or how big an indentation you can have in a panel of an Audi lease car before they will ask you to get it sorted (or pay a penalty at the end)? I had a skip through the documentation last night but couldn't find any specifics. Surely something so minor can be classed as reasonable wear and tear? (a bit like stone chips on the bonnet).

It would be good to know as the person that did it very sensibly left their number, so at least I can get it sorted if necessary.

If you're funded by VWFS then you are fine. The company it uses, BCA, is known to be extremely lenient - not to massive extents but to sensible judgements and not following the check list word for literal word when they inspect.

Reactions: Aldi-Sport Chap and CrashEd
If you're funded by VWFS then you are fine. The company it uses, BCA, is known to be extremely lenient - not to massive extents but to sensible judgements and not following the check list word for literal word when they inspect.
Hi, yes the finance is through VWFS. That's great to know. I'm trying to avoid any work being done if I can, as it's a major pain in the a$$, but it's good to know that they are not too picky.

Cheers for that.

My brother once had a lease, usually anything bigger then a 20p piece or damage which is down to the paint. Also any kerbed wheels are instantly charged.

Lots of garages do ex lease tidy up services like wheels and small smart repairs, probably a lot cheaper then the charges expected.

Reactions: CrashEd
My brother once had a lease, usually anything bigger then a 20p piece or damage which is down to the paint. Also any kerbed wheels are instantly charged.

Lots of garages do ex lease tidy up services like wheels and small smart repairs, probably a lot cheaper then the charges expected.
Yeah, I've had that sort of size quoted for hire cars before. Makes sense - thanks. I've already kurbed one of the wheels so that will have to be sorted!

My 2017 A4 went back to Audi last month.

Mannheim inspected it.

There was a small 10mm long scratch through the paint that cost £110 and a 50p piece size impact on the rear bumper which cost me £55.

A 35mm long scuff on one alloy was noted but not charged.

The Mannheim guy told me to reject the price, which I did. He said they'll likely not charge you.

On Friday, Audi sent me an invoice for £165+VAT for the damage, £198 in total I think.

Chipsaway quoted over £450 for repairing the scratch on the boot alone.

The BVRLA fair wear and rear guide gives you the limits on acceptability.

I've had several through VWFS and agree they are very fair. I'd hesitate at lenient! The BVRLA book you get sent is a start but Mannheim are pragmatic. One guy said he wouldn't charge for wheels until it was nearly 50% kerbed. Then it was only £37. You can also get an idea of the charges from VWFS and as Migwire states, you will not be charged anywhere near as much by VWFS as your local paintshop. I've never been charged anything by VWFS but did return a damaged BMW once, big bumper scratch and 2 wheels. I was charged £200 total which was less than a quote for just the bumper.

People say you have to be really careful with PCH but it's no different to a trade in. They just ask for money rather than making a commensurately lower offer for a tatty part-ex. Even WBAC just deduct damage charges form their quote when they inspect the car.

This is really useful information - many thanks guys.

Reactions: Aldi-Sport Chap
This

I handed mine back after 3 years with a dented panel and a big scratch on the MMI screeen. took them 20 mins to inspect the car but were fine with it in the end. Gave the car an "A" rating made me sign a few things amd off they went.

I wouldn't worry about it mate.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

This

I handed mine back after 3 years with a dented panel and a big scratch on the MMI screeen. took them 20 mins to inspect the car but were fine with it in the end. Gave the car an "A" rating made me sign a few things amd off they went.

I wouldn't worry about it mate.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Thanks mate, good to know.