Audi ipod lead for Symphony Stereo

Stev_A3

Reaction score
Is it possible to connect a ipod or android cable to the rear of the symphony stereo? (Double din tape/cd) 2006 model. Does anyone have a genuine part number?

Picture available from last thread created.

Thank you

You need a mini iso version, as its the older unit.

You not considered an upgrade to the rns-e.

This is the stereo:

You need a mini iso version, as its the older unit.

You not considered an upgrade to the rns-e.

Can you lease link me to what I need? I like the gloss black piece on the rns-e unit, please tell me the full specs of it and what years it was available from? Cheers

http://www.yell.com/s/car+audio+systems-teesside+industrial+estate.html
the man is called jeff, owned a big business then sold it and went local, sorted the same for my 57 plate though, most helpful person you could meet, switched on...will get you an answer

Thanks for the name/number - if yours is a 57 plate it would have the newer unit than above - would they use the same lead?

Yeah this is exactly what I need but with an ipod end not aux as I would like to keep the ipod in the glovebox and change songs from then stereo. I cant find the right one.

I was under the idea that you cant chane songs via this stereo because it has the cd changer built in and not seperate?
Maybe i can be corrected.

But would that aux cable work? And would it make the cd player not work while fitted?

yeah I've got the newer type though.... and bought the box off the same supplier, it is very similar but came with an ipod lead. ring the supplier they where helpful, first one was faulty and got another off jeff as he had one spare, when fitted you use cd 7 on the head unit and this accesses the ipod( and charges it) you can then also scroll thru on the steering wheel roller and all info comes up on the ipod good and cheap way to have all those tunes

Hi StevA3,
I have the same radio as you, (Symphony II not II+) and I am struggling to find anything that will work. Most of what i can find is quadlock connections which will not match ours, and as Nigel has already pointed out we need mini iso. It also does not help that I do not have the steering wheel control and that the six cd player is built in and not separate.

Kufatec do this one
https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/portable-oem-integration/dension-gateway-100-audi-iso
which they say will work but i have also read that not if the cd changer is built in to the head unit as ours is.

I have also been looking at a connect 2 ( AUX IN LEAD AUXILIARY INPUT ADAPTER LEAD CTVADX001) and I am waiting for a response from the supplier that it will work with my radio. This is considerably cheaper but it depends if it will work.

Like you I would be interested in any comments or confirmation from the forum about the two alternatives above or if there is something that others have used to get the ipod working.

Also interested in knowing if the eBay adapter above or indeed a Dension gateway lite bt would work on a symphony ii as the car I hope to pick up tonight has this headunit.

Eventually I will be getting a rnse mk2 but need something to tide me over

Steve A3,
i have not received a reply about the connect 2 but from further research I still do not think it will work with the symphony II. Regarding the Kufatec gateway 100 I have not purchased one as I think it will only work with a separate 6 CD changer even though it has the iso connector.
Are you going for one and if so please let us know how you get on with it or any other solution.

Stev-A3,
just an update on my solution which I hope will help you. I went for the Xcarlink device from Digibuy. I needed the SKU 143 (£83) with the ISO connector. They actually sent the SKU 1207 but that is the updated one with the sd card, usb and aux which was a bonus.

I used the excellent advice from the forum to remove the radio,glove box and fit the device all in about 1 hour.A big thankyou for the forum members who posted the really useful pics of the installation process
It works superbly well and the 6 cd changer is still available, obviously you cannot see the tracks on the radio but I have organised mine into 5 playlists and used the + or- to move between them. Alternatively you can have it in manual mode and search from the ipod if required.
Hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else.