Audi Insurance - PATHETIC!!!!

Kugaman1

Reaction score
Im due to collect my new S3 in 2 days time.

I was given the number for Audi insurance to arrange 5 day driveaway cover.

Well, after 3 attempts to contact them, Ive given up.

Rang at 2pm, got through to first level routing staff who then put you onto insurance people...sat on hold with them for 30 mins......gave up.

Rang at 4pm.....sat on hold for 20 mins didnt even get through to first level of staff.

Tried once again at 5.30pm......another 30 min hold after 1st level......gave up.

Stick your driveaway insurance up your hoop Audi......I will certainly never insure with you......god help me if I had and needed to make a claim........PATHETIC!!

(Rant over!)

Reactions: fivespice, Simon L, mister.c. and 1 other person
I'm really surprised. I used them and it was very efficient. I expected them to worry me to take out my on-going insurance with them, but they didn't bother me at all.
It's a shame for you because it does make the whole process easier.

I had no bother arranging my 7 day cover when I collected my new A3 12 months ago.

That is poor mate. I didn't even get offered the Audi complimentary insurance!! Was told to arrange my own insurance ready for collection!!

You would have expected much better service rather than wasting your time!! At least arranging your own insurance you won't have the hassle of remembering to switch it to the company your going to go with in 5 days time!!

Audi insurance is only good for drive away on car collection. No one can afford to take their insurance with them anyway, it's ****** extortionate!!!!!!

Yes, Im with Admiral.
Went online, filled out a quick form, job done.....

Stick it Audi!!

Funnily enough I am on hold to them now and have been for the last 55 minutes.

I've previously tried twice and gave up after 30mins. They close at 8pm so which will win, will they answer before then or will my battery die?

Reactions: Ignition1 and mister.c.
They've changed insurance provider on 1/04/2015. When i set up mine i was on hold for 45 mins, got through to someone and sorted it first time with no problems.

Well I did it guys, after 1hr 15mins of being on hold, somebody finally answered. They were nice enough but couldn't find the right car in their system, I tried to help them and it sounds like it only lists old cars. "Is that the 1.8", no love the S3 1.8 hasn't been in production for about 10 years!

After being on the phone for 1hr 40mins its now sorted, and I got them to put a note with the policy to ensure they will cover the car + registration even if the model listed is still wrong.

On modern insurance database the S3 comes under the blanket A3 designation as an A3 version, which I suppose it is.

Yeah I told her that and the car we ended up with was an "A3 S3 Sportback" so that should be the right one, fingers crossed.

Well I did it guys, after 1hr 15mins of being on hold, somebody finally answered. They were nice enough but couldn't find the right car in their system, I tried to help them and it sounds like it only lists old cars. "Is that the 1.8", no love the S3 1.8 hasn't been in production for about 10 years!

After being on the phone for 1hr 40mins its now sorted, and I got them to put a note with the policy to ensure they will cover the car + registration even if the model listed is still wrong.
That was exactly my experience too. 30 minutes on hold, followed by a salesman who couldn't find my correct model for another 10 minutes. Eventually got it sorted but when I received the email confirmation it was the wrong number plate.

They half heartedly quoted for a full 12 months cover, but even the salesman wasn't pushing it as good value. They came out over £100 more than the comparison sites, and wouldn't shift on price.

Upon speaking to the dealer they said that Audi insurance is now provided by a different supplier, hence the delays and confusion in getting quotes. Still, not acceptable really.

Oh, and he signed off with "thanks for calling VW Insurance".....

I found them okay but a 12 month quote was 1/3 of the cost of the car!!! Joke.

Thanks for the heads up guys, definitely won't be wasting my time with this bunch of muppets.

In this day and age I won't hold longer than 5 minutes for anyone. Companies need to get their sh*t together when it comes to taking calls from customers it's an absolute joke.

Completely the opposite experience for me. They were professional and quick. The whole thing was done in 5 mins and they offered us a quote for the A3 which matched what Directline offered us. They even advised the quote would stay at the offered price for 6 months.

They did mine nice and quickly... BUT.... it wasn't until after the insurance ran out that i realised they'd insured me for a normal A3 not an S3!!

(and yes i did get pulled over.. that's another story)

Reactions: elpaulio
Just spoke to my insurance to cover myself when i collect. Glad didnt go through Audi then.

I hear ya!
Made several attempts, each time kept on hold for at least 15 minutes. To have to go through that for just 5 days of cover is a complete waste of my time. Ended up going through Aviva via Quidco. Downloaded the pdf certificate the same afternoon which I then emailed straight to my dealer.

Glad it wasn't just me then!
I called my current insurer (Admiral) and changed cars planned for tomorrow when I collect the new one.

Funnily enough, changing from the Evoque to the S3 gives me £7 back, even after the admin fee!

I'm with Audi insurance and have only had one issue (high renewal) in 4 years.

Their pricing has been on occasion 20% higher than my cheapest quote (AVIVA) and they always price match.

Not sure if the 7 day insurance is handled by another team but I never have to wait long to speak to an operator.

Found it to be a painful experience too. Was on hold for about 30 mins.

I had no problems getting through, sorted the 7 day policy out really quick, this is your policy No. confirmation e-mail sent etc. Then he asked if I would like a quote so I said go on then whilst we're on.
Went through all the usual bumf and put me on hold whilst the system got the quote for him.
He came back and said I've got your quote, I started to giggle (maybe I shouldn't have), then he started to giggle.
£1700! I think I'll be leaving that thank-you.
Where do they get these figures?!
Sure there's some wheel in the background that is spun and lands on a figure or there's a Countdown random number generator!:D

They dont give you 7 days now, its 5 days!

Same here no problems at all, mind you I got mine a week or so before 1st March so maybe they ramped up the call center operatives for the rush of new cars. Took all of 3-5 mins from the second I started dialing, I also got a quote that made me laugh.. 2.2k, I kindly rejected that offer.

1. They dont give you 7 days now, its 5 days!
Crikey, last month it was 7.......

Audi Cover note

Didn't have any issues with mine either, though this was just over a year ago for me. Sorted the 7 day insurance with a short 10 minute call and even needed to claim whilst I was covered by them for a windscreen replacement through Autoglass. Whole process was handled pretty well with minimal effort on my part. Payed the excess and all was sorted same day.

They did send me a quote for a full year the day it expired, which was just shy of ⅓ of my cars value, which was quite shocking really!

My dealer got the cover note today, wrong car listed and I have no documents at all. Apparently they have just changed providers for Audi insurance and have lots of complaints, even they are put on hold for ages when calling them.

Going to see if someone at the dealership can get it sorted, if not I'll do my own..

My wife took out Audi's free 7 day insurance when she collected her A1.

She was driving back from the supermarket the next day in it and got pulled over by the police because it came up on their computer that the car wasn't insured !

Audi insurancr are moving over from Allianz to Ageas I believe

Zero problems here when I have used them around delivery of the car. Mind you, I would never actually take out a Policy with them based on their prices - approx. double the premium I pay elsewhere.

I don't think you really need the 7 day cover anymore. Since the taxing change they no longer need a covernote to be able to get the car registered and taxed. I got the 7 day cover when i picked up my car but was told i didn't need it. Easier to just start your proper insurance for collection day.

Hmm my dealer said they can't tax the car until they have an insurance cover note. Oh well its sorted now, roll on next Tues!

I got the free 7 day cover so they could tax it etc. Had no issues. Got a quote from them which was rubbish (£600) so stuck with Aviva - £250 per year.

I was told that the Audi 7 day insurance got round the problem of the delay in your vehicle being on the DVLA computer system. That is, you have the licence number, but it doesn't appear on the insurance company's computer system.
But anyway, it worked very well for me and I just switched my insurance to the new car, without having to worry about exactly what time the old car finished and the new car started.

Was at the dealers this weekend. They told me of the Audi insurance problems and said it was best to just sort it yourself.

They also said complementary cover is now only 5 days. So they said beware if you take it out assuming you are willing to wait an hour on the phone.

I ended up phoning my existing insurer and all sorted in 20 min changing existing policy's around on two cars.

You don't have to take their offer/gesture of 5 days free cover, sort it out yourself & then you have no complaints.

My experience was yes they were expensive but the initial cover was a nice to have.

End of the day you still have to sort permanent insurance out so just sort it out from the start and save being on hold for over an hour