Audi I pod Dock

ckman85

Reaction score
Ive got the Audi Ipod Dock in my car and its pants. I cant choose the albums i want to listen to and it doesnt giv me n e track names.

R all of them like that? and is their am easy way to using the system?

Ive been needing to use the cd player bcos its more convenient than the Ipod :-S

Thanks

Will

Yea thats the older style ipod dock, the newer AMI Audi Music Interface shows track names

I have it and it's rubbish

Tracks 1-5 are your playlists
Track 6 is your whole iPod

I put certain albums on playlists so i can them easily but whole thing it pretty bad!

Yes an upgrade to an rns mk2 with ami would cure that, but its not a cheap upgrade, but also a ****** nice one though, give me shout if ever interested.

just out of interest nigel, if you had the AMI is there any scope to put the actual dock for the iPod/iPhone anywhere other than the glovebox?

It doesnt have a dock, its a cable from the ami unit that plugs into the ipod which sits in a tray that slides out which can be used for usb drive, ipod, mp3 player when using appropriate ami cable, so yes extend this to another location where you could fit a dock, based on this yes mate.

cheers, i wanna mod a dock in the ashtray when i'm finally able to afford my AMI

I wish i cud afford an RNS mk2 rite now :-S but ive already spent a lot on the car. Nigel wud know :)

Maybe on a later date, Cd's will do for now.

Oh thanks blame me lmfao, but yes this is true, but your smile will soon be from cheek to cheek mate, guaranteed.

So a 2007 s3 would only show track's 1 to 5 and 6 is for entire ipod. To rectify this you need to get a whole new unit or just upgrade the software on the original unit ? How much would that cost ?

Yes using the older rns-e system with the virtual changer port connection, you would need new unit & additional system to make work fully.