Audi has some way to go

kxt79

Reaction score
I'm collecting my new Audi next week but in the interim I've been given a couple of cars until mines deliverd.

The BMW standard screens and Nav put the audis to shame. They are of a great quality and I wish my Audi was going to have them

I totally accept I could have spent the 1500 more for the tech package. I just think the opposition is giving more away as standard. And don't get me started on how good the Spotify link up is. Come on Audi

Reactions: andywil13
Are you sure you have the base idrive/nav system in those cars? Normally the screen is much smaller, low resolution with black stripes on either side unless you upgrade to the larger screen/bmw technology pack equivalent.

Yes the base pack - resolution is much better than the Audi. Don't get me wrong I love the Audi interior but I don't understand after going to the effort of putting a pop up screen in, it looks like its from the 80's

BMW are also making their basic nav (which is actually very good and has a nice screen resolution) standard across the whole range from September.

You then can upgrade to the professional system for £1k more - Audi will have to offer something similar because Mercedes are starting to put nav as standard on certain trim levels.

Yes but...a colleague gave me a lift in his 2 series a couple of weeks ago. Some of the dashboard plastics (including the top) are nowhere near as good as what's in the A3. It's swings and roundabouts.

Fair point and I've not spent any real time in the Audi yet. I'm still glad I went with the Audi, just hope Audi up there game I guess. i mostly can't wait to try the ACC with stronic. After a 4 hour m1 journey in the manual BMW I'm hoping it makes life better!

Fair point and I've not spent any real time in the Audi yet. I'm still glad I went with the Audi, just hope Audi up there game I guess. i mostly can't wait to try the ACC with stronic. After a 4 hour m1 journey in the manual BMW I'm hoping it makes life better!

The ACC on S-Tronic is possibly my favourite thing about my new car. It makes a journey down the M1/M25 nearly enjoyable!!

BMW are also making their basic nav (which is actually very good and has a nice screen resolution) standard across the whole range from September.
And no doubt put up the price of the car to compensate, nothing is ever free...

Reactions: Pulp84
When we were looking for a car we looked at the BMW 1 series, Merc A class and the A3. The A class interior was awful, looked really plasticy and the central display looked as if someone had suddenly said " oh no we've forgotten the central display" and slapped a cheap tablet in the middle of the dash! The BMW drive was just too twitchy on winter roads!