Audi Finance and the right Audi probs :(

Dan Masoomi

Reaction score
Website
www.danmasoomi.com
This is a bit of a mad one.

I recently financed an White Audi A5 Black edition 62 REG back in June 2015, I was originally after an Audi A4 Black edition but got talked in to the A5.

The A5 was a manual. I had a MK5 GOLF GTI DSG 230BHP before this and the drive in the A5 after a week of being stuck in motorway traffic became horrible I couldn't bare it. It looked immense and is now my favourite car on the road but I hated the drive of that manual.

So Audi agreed to let me change under their 30 day exchange offer.

I then swapped for my current car AUDI A4 Black edition 64 REG AUTO. Its a really nice car perfect in every way possible. But that A5 has just left its mark on me. Every time I see one drive past they look pure evil and way better than an A4. I'm like a man looking to cheat on his wife with wondering eyes! and I'm not that kind of guy! haha

I really want to get an AUTO A5 it keeps nagging me all the time when I'm driving. But I don't know if anything can be done about it now? I got the car at 9000 miles and it has 16000 on the clock now

I was wondering if any of you guys have ever had a similar issue with your cars.

I really wish It wasn't the case as if I had just had my car I own now from the start I would probably not be thinking like this.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Dan

I would doubt very much that anything can or will be done now, if you need to change the car that badly, i guess your only option is to sell up or p/x for an auto A5.

I've occasionally bought a car that wasn't exactly what I wanted. Needless to say they exited my life after just a couple of months and then bought what I wanted in the first place.
This happens when you listen to other people in your life and their suggestions on what you need. Last instance was 5 years ago when I bought a year old Toyota AurisT180, had all the extras I wanted but just come to hate it, hard seats, bad mpg (due to DPF & 2.2 diesel engine) and the constant threat of head gasket blowing (Toyota & Lexus common problem).
Of course these mistakes end up costing you a lot more money to get what YOU really want.
I make my own choices and don't listen to anyone else now, except the wife :yes: of course.

Reactions: Dan Masoomi
Missus fell mad for a fiesta Zetec S a couple of years back , I had my own car and she bought it . It was horrible (as I had mentioned before she bought it !) . Sold after 8 months and lost ££££'s, but better than keeping something worth so much that you are not happy with ...I change car nearly every year , expensive hobby !

Don't blame you for loving the A5! Had a 09 A5 2.0TFSI Multitronic for 2yrs and now have a new S5. Loved/love both cars to bits :)

Have a look at what kind of deals you can get on a new A5. You might be surprised. Since they are due a refresh (just like the new A4 has had) discounts are very good. Expect anything between 20-18% off. Plug in you ideal spec into CarWow and see what kind of offers you get.

Trading it in against your A4 might work out nicely?

Thanks for the reply guys!

I am looking on ways to sell the car and get another. I am looking at a few A5 at the moment,

only problem is my finance settlement figure is 20,923 and I am getting offers from we buy any car etc best price is around 18,000 - 19,500 which aint too bad I was wondering if I can part exchange my car for another or would dealerships not entertain me?

Its bad to say but its nice to hear others have had similar experience. I just feel like an absolute fool.

DrEskimo! how nice is the a5 to look at though! I want an s5 right now! but my plan is to wait and build up to that. I just really miss the power of my GTI I know I won't get that in a standard 2.0 A5 but its a start!

Reactions: DrEskimo
Thanks for the reply guys!

I am looking on ways to sell the car and get another. I am looking at a few A5 at the moment,

only problem is my finance settlement figure is 20,923 and I am getting offers from we buy any car etc best price is around 18,000 - 19,500 which aint too bad I was wondering if I can part exchange my car for another or would dealerships not entertain me?

Its bad to say but its nice to hear others have had similar experience. I just feel like an absolute fool.

DrEskimo! how nice is the a5 to look at though! I want an s5 right now! but my plan is to wait and build up to that. I just really miss the power of my GTI I know I won't get that in a standard 2.0 A5 but its a start!

Of course the dealers will entertain the idea of part exchanging yours for another car! Unfortunately for you, they are making a tidy sum from it!

I would use CarWow, find the dealer with the best price/ask if your local will match it (mine did) and then have the conversation about part-ex'ing your A4. No harm in asking! I would just make sure you get the best discount before you go into the part exchange figures. Otherwise they will combine the two and then you end up with a worse deal.

Pretty sure the 2.0TFSI Quattro should match the GTI pretty well? If not in power, then in traction off the line? I had the FWD 180BHP version and even that wasn't a slouch. The 225BHP Quattro would be pretty quick!

Here is a pic of my old A5 and new S5 in case you were interested :)

Reactions: B_FUR and Dan Masoomi
A dealer will still make a deal if you have finace outstanding. Just make sure you have the deal in writing or could go painfully wrong if they forget to pay off your finance.

omg! that s5 is perfect! sepang blue! mate its lovely congrats both lovely cars but theres just not much better looking if anything than a A5 with that blacked out grill. id love an all black one or sepang but I would always edge towards sepang

My GTI was 230BHP the A4 I own is 177BHP Black edition Diesel 2.0

I have just found this, what you think? http://www.driving.co.uk/car-39510214/sl

Ah sorry, not much of a regular on here, but I have a thread on A5OC:

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/s5-general-q/98033-someone-tell-me-im-10.html

lots of pics on post #298 following its first detail. I'm hoping to do a 2-stage polish and apply a ceramic protection on Sunday :)

I did a fair few mods to my A5 (LED fogs and interior lights, 20" Hyper Silver wheels, 20/25mm spacers, RS5 style grill, facelift gearstick, S5 pedals), but my S5 has pretty much everything I want :) Done the LED lights, and got my dealer to paint the rear diffuser gloss black to match the black edition. Going to trial a black S5 badge (black square with chrome letters, rather than red square) as well, but dono if I will keep it...

omg! that s5 is perfect! sepang blue! mate its lovely congrats both lovely cars but theres just not much better looking if anything than a A5 with that blacked out grill. id love an all black one or sepang but I would always edge towards sepang

My GTI was 230BHP the A4 I own is 177BHP Black edition Diesel 2.0

I have just found this, what you think? http://www.driving.co.uk/car-39510214/sl

Looks nice, although it doesn't have the 3G MMI, therefore doesn't have Nav, and it also doesn't have Quattro. Appreciate these two options will push your budget quite a bit, but both are really good to have.

Sorry I assumed you meant petrol, not diesel for some reason. I'm not a fan of diesels so don't know much about them unfortunately. Apparently the newer 190PS 2.0TDI is meant to be a huge improvement. Most will tell you the 3.0TDI is the best engine though!

is the 3.0 engine diesel much more expensive to run?

Define "much more"....!

MPG is realistically around the low 30s and servicing costs will go up as the engine size is bigger. Also has higher emissions, so higher tax, and is more powerful, so higher insurance.

So on all counts, yes it is more expensive I'm afraid...obviously whether the additional performance is worth the extra cost is your call. If its anything like going from the 2.0TFSI A5 to the 3.0TFSI S5...then IMO it is worth it!