1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Audi extended warranty

WelshWoody83 May 26, 2020

1. DescendDescend

DescendDescend Registered User

Yup. You are correct. Its VW who stopped the extensions.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. L_G

L_G Registered User

Works now, thank you

4. L_G

L_G Registered User

Thanks for the email link for the AA cover.

I see if you don't wont to pay by direct debit then it is £10 more over two years.

Now that the I can see the extended warranty, it seems the excess plays a fair part in calculating the cost. Need to think about that some more!

5. royalsteve68

royalsteve68 Registered User

Warranty doesn’t cover everything though, read the small print. Some if not all electrics and glass are not covered. Had a dab aerial issue and they replaced the rear glass, £820, but Audi and the dealer paid most of it.

6. royalsteve68

The extended warranty is exactly the same as the extended warranty you get when you buy the car from new. The first 3 years is a manufacturer warranty and this covers everything and is far better than the extended warranty. Years 4 and 5 that you can buy from new are just extended warranties, but it’s massively cheaper to buy this when you buy the car new. It cost me £525 to extend my rs3 saloon warranty from 3 to 5 years when I bought it new. I would guess if I extended it at 3 years to 5 years, I guess it would be over £2000.

I had a 3 or was it 4 lol year warranty on the s3 and we’ve extended it ever since at approx £420 a year, no brainer. I’ve easily got my money’s worth out of it. One thing to note, if you let the existing warranty run out the extended warranty prices roughly doubles. I checked and if I left the s3, it goes up to £800 a year. My friend had a 2011 m3 and his warranty was £1500 a year and included an excess!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  7. L_G

L_G Registered User

Just looked up what the price would have been had I taken the additional year when new and it isn't much different (£525 vs £577) however buying when new it was subject to an overall limit of 75k miles rather than a declared annual amount.

Having looked at the excess amounts properly - £100 excess reduces the premium by £101 and £250 and £202 so provided you think you will make one or less claims then taking the excess is a better choice.

8. royalsteve68

Audi warranties certainly seem to have come down to near sensible levels. Aftermarket ones are now a lot more. Think Warranty Direct/others wanted about £1000 for the s3, Audi were £420.

9. S32B

S32B Registered User

Either way you do the AA cover they still send you a reminder when it's due, all it means is if you don't want to renew you just phone them to cancel it! Save £10 for the sake of a free call if you do decide to cancel it :D

As for which one to go for!
    For me it was 'All components covered' No excess £446, £100 excess £372 and £250 excess £297.

I went for the £250 excess saving £149 (over no excess). Theoretically put the saved £149 to one side and if nothing goes wrong happy days you've saved £149! Or if something did go wrong just add £101 to it and that's your £250 excess covered. My main worry is the gearbox, so paying out £250 to get that sorted wouldn't be a worry....better than £8,000 or more! :) For less than £1 per day it suits me.

Cover notes here https://www.insurewithaudi.co.uk/media/1108/35239_audi_extended-warranty_dec19_nav_v2-1.pdf

And for all those saying it's not worth it:
    worth.jpg

pburv and Patrick C like this.
  10. HertS3

HertS3 Registered User

It has its pros and cons (e.g. coolant pipes aren't covered, as I recently found out) but for peace of mind for me it's worth it. Just had the water pump replaced, invoice says £442 which sounds a bit cheap to me?? I paid the £100 excess only anyway. Got mine as soon as I bought the car so it's currently around £80 a month for the first year but should halve more-or-less next year.

11. S32B

S32B Registered User

Talking to a mate of mine today in work, he was going to cancel his cover on his BMW...then decided not to! 3 weeks later something went wrong with his air bags £1,100 to fix! paid for by the warranty :)

pburv likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement