1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Audi Extended Warranty

Devilz Jan 11, 2018

1. Devilz

Devilz Active Member VCDS Map User

As per topic title. Is it worth getting Audi Extended Warranty as mine is running out on 28th of January. I have been quoted £760 per annum with zero excess.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. DeanoC

DeanoC Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Is yours on a new or approved used car warranty? On the approved ones you can often get it cheaper if you phone Audi UK and get added to their warranty list as they do better rates for those with no break in warranty.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

4. Vishal Tween

Vishal Tween Registered User

Also interested.

I have just taken out Audi Extended warranty on my 2011 S3 S-Tronic.

It's the Comprehensive package with £100 excess.

Is the Audi Extended warranty worth it? I am struggling to find any success stories, but at the same time, struggling to find many horror stories.

But we all know that most people don't go online and rant about excellent service.

5. AndyT306

AndyT306 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

At that kinda price I’d self insure and just save the money incase you need it

6. Lee1977

Lee1977 Registered User

£760 may not be that exsssive depending whats excluded?

7. Devilz

Devilz Active Member VCDS Map User

It says comprehensive though. Need to look into it what's included.

8. Rhyso

Rhyso Registered User

Yup. Pay attention to the small print. Something is always excluded their terms......

A friend of mine had an extended warranty with Warranty Direct and had to argue with them over additional work as he had to have the timing chain and tensioners replaced on hi BiTdi.

Audi recommend you replace all the tensioners but Warranty Direct only replace the failed part and not others affected by it. He got the work done but it took a bit of arguing back and forth

Think he paid £500 for the warranty. His excess was £50

9. Lee1977

Lee1977 Registered User

Defiantly need to look at the exclusions the extended warranty when I had the Range Rover Sport was nearly £1300 and that had quite a few exclusions.

10. Vishal Tween

Vishal Tween Registered User

Worth downloading the policy handbook.

I had a good read and even the "Comprehensive" warranty has a fair few exclusions, most you would expect, but some that I was surprised/disappointed with.