Audi Extended Warranty Thoughts

CSK423

Reaction score
My AUC Warranty is about to expire and I have the following options...... (2008 Audi S5 - 37k miles)

Comprehensive 0 xs - £1,257.00 - 15k miles per annum
Comprehensive 100xs - £1,021 - "

Does anyone have thoughts on the above ? anyone bargained with them to get a better deal ? Any issues with claiming ?

Mine only costs £42 a month with £250 XS. (2008 A4 Avant S-Line 91K)
The best part of paying monthly on DD is that it never expires until you cancel it, so none of this no cars over 5yrs old or over 100K miles. And RAC recovery is included.

I have saved more than I have paid out in all honesty, the biggest one was the DMF, also had the Map sensor and oil cooler, system flush and coolant refill done at the same time. Possibly around £2k of work which cost me £250.

Monthly D/D not available unless unlimited mileage is taken but the price then hikes up to over £1700 ! approx £142 per month

Price up the named components warranty, that's what I have and it seems to cover most things that will go wrong.

I did think of the named components but it excludes sat nav which with hearing some stories of the MMI falling over I'm uncomfortable taking such a big risk for a couple of hundred quid.

Weigh up the risk of the satnav failing, the cash cost to replace / fix it against possibly halving the price of your warranty.