audi exclusive colours.......quality of paint job??

Daz4311

Reaction score
I know no that my car will be a exclusive colour for definite. ...but wondering....the paint jobs...are they any better or any worse than the usual line sprayed paint jobs????

At the price they charge I'd hope not any worse! :D haha

Reactions: pburv, richinsoton and Rob2k68
The paint on mine is shocking (not exclusive although RS exclusive), will need to get it sorted one day.

TX.

Reactions: pburv
Its Nardo.....they just stopped at the primer stage!!

Reactions: Brasso, CHEZ, Terminator x and 2 others
I know no that my car will be a exclusive colour for definite. ...but wondering....the paint jobs...are they any better or any worse than the usual line sprayed paint jobs????

Really depends on what you class to be good or bad....... I am sure the surface for exclusive colours will be cleaned using ostrich feathers from birds that lay golden eggs rather standard yolk filled ones before specially trained oompa lumpas apply the paint using silk bristled brushes but certainly hope its better than your grammar and punctuation

Reactions: James_TDi, Simon L, CHEZ and 2 others
Really depends on what you class to be good or bad....... I am sure the surface for exclusive colours will be cleaned using ostrich feathers from birds that lay golden eggs rather standard yolk filled ones before specially trained oompa lumpas apply the paint using silk bristled brushes but certainly hope its better than your grammar and punctuation
Well thank you........I do try

Well thank you........I do try

Seriously.....
its a mass produced car, the spray nozzles and robots don't know whether it is spraying a standard colour or an exclusive. You are buying a premium brand so you would expect the quality to be better than ford etc if you inspected enough cars. But its still a mass produced car and despite all the quality checks there will be imperfections from time to time, and like trip advisor you will get more than your fair share of horror stories here

Reactions: Hector Vector, Simon L and pburv
What I was getting at buddy.....as my dealer told me the car would be sprayed elsewere....and as I suppose that the car will not be sprayed on a production line with 100 others...would it be more.prone to small paint faults?

What I was getting at buddy.....as my dealer told me the car would be sprayed elsewere....and as I suppose that the car will not be sprayed on a production line with 100 others...would it be more.prone to small paint faults?
As Daveotto says.Your car will go through a QA inspection like the rest of the production line wherever it's sprayed..
The only difference is your paint colour...:friends:

As Daveotto says.Your car will go through a QA inspection like the rest of the production line wherever it's sprayed..
The only difference is your paint colour...:friends:
What colour have you ordered just out of interest?

I was gutted when they said sepang was no longer available. ..so the dealer has agreed to put it threw the exclusive paint scheme and get my s3 saloon painted in sepang like my previous car...at no cost to me so made up.......I was having a real problem finding a colour to pick so I'm completely happy now!!!!

Reactions: Daveotto and pburv
I was gutted when they said sepang was no longer available. ..so the dealer has agreed to put it threw the exclusive paint scheme and get my s3 saloon painted in sepang like my previous car...at no cost to me so made up.......I was having a real problem finding a colour to pick so I'm completely happy now!!!!
Wow that's good.I know there are a few on here who would love a deal like that on their facelift orders..Well done..:friends:

Last edited:
Looks great until you get up close but reflections on the car are all dappled, do they call it "orange peel"? It can be sorted according to Fran on here so more annoying than anything really that it doesn't come perfect from the factory.

TX.

Looks great until you get up close but reflections on the car are all dappled, do they call it "orange peel"? It can be sorted according to Fran on here so more annoying than anything really that it doesn't come perfect from the factory.

TX.
I think it's a gorgeous colour, but what put me off was Tunbridge Wells Audi's Nardo RS3. Front bumper was a COMPLETELY different colour grey to the rest of the car - had an almost yellowish tinge to it. Either their demo has been stacked, or the factory got it very wrong...

Reactions: Simon L

Paint faults on an Audi?? Nah, but I'm sure you'll get a wee dollop of 'orange peel effect' like the commoners with their base and £550 pearlescent paint options.

................just thank yer lucky stars it's not a beemer.................:whistle2:

I would say Sepang is not a an exclusive paint..now,whether its on a face lift car or not...as its everywhere on A5/S3/S4/...etc..your paying for being different,paint application is superior at least,as long as your happy mate that;s what matters at the end of the day

I would say Sepang is not a an exclusive paint..now,whether its on a face lift car or not...as its everywhere on A5/S3/S4/...etc..your paying for being different,paint application is superior at least,as long as your happy mate that;s what matters at the end of the day
It may not be an exclusive colour on the current model but it's not available any more on the facelift range.Hence it was offered as an exclusive colour .Free of charge as well which is a cracking sweetener by the dealer..
There has been a lot of discussions on here about how disappointed they are that Sepang is not available any more.
So that itself is a good enough reason to call it exclusive...:yes:

Reactions: Simon L
It may not be an exclusive colour on the current model but it's not available any more on the facelift range.Hence it was offered as an exclusive colour .Free of charge as well which is a cracking sweetener by the dealer..
There has been a lot of discussions on here about how disappointed they are that Sepang is not available any more.
So that itself is a good enough reason to call it exclusive...:yes:
:friends: