Audi ECU Software Update - Main Dealer Price?

Wabby

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Need a ECU software update on an A3 from 5878 to 9883. Anybody any ideas how much I'm likely to be charged for this service?

Need the update as its bulletined to fix a cold start issue I am having.

Cheers

wont it be free if your haveing problems ?

i didnt think the updates went on warranty
i know my mate had a a6 done at his last service FOC
thats a 2005

I will give them a ring today.

Its not going in for a service or owt - I just want them to upgrade the software as the latest 9883 version has a bulletined fix for the cold start I have troubleshooted, and this is the resolution :)

I'm sure they have an obligation to perform updates FOC. It's effectively their issue car isn't running as it should. Helps if it's part of a service as they do it as part of that, but call around a few dealers if you get resistance as one of them may say yes!

Local dealer tells me they will need to run diags first at £57, then go from there.

I have the ****** ELSAWIN screen in front of me confirming my chassis/engine etc all match the required update and I know from VAGCOM im on 5878 and the fix is 9883 - but they still want to bum me.

****ING STEALERS!!!

Tell them that Wabby. They may not like it but surely you're not obligated to having the car scanned.

They have to diagnose themselves blah blah blah.

Is it main dealer only that can upgrade ECU software, or can independents do this also?

Gotta love stealers, eh?

1 Local stealership wants £56 to run an hours diagnostics, because they won't believe what I tell them
1 Local stealership wants £60+ VAT and wants it overnight, as it *can't* possible be an ECU update because their computer doesnt tell them it needs one
1 Local stealership wants £113 for an hours labour - this will include diagnostics and ecu upgrade if required.

WTF?

One so varied answers and prices, when I am TELLING them what I WANT doing and what the ****ing problem is?

Audi dealers = robbers with signs above the door

Gotta love stealers, eh?

1 Local stealership wants £56 to run an hours diagnostics, because they won't believe what I tell them
1 Local stealership wants £60+ VAT and wants it overnight, as it *can't* possible be an ECU update because their computer doesnt tell them it needs one
1 Local stealership wants £113 for an hours labour - this will include diagnostics and ecu upgrade if required.

WTF?

One so varied answers and prices, when I am TELLING them what I WANT doing and what the ****ing problem is?

Contact Audi UK, dealers are a pain most of the time.

Surely I am not going to gain anything, or get just what I want doing done, by contacting Audi UK, No?

They may instruct the dealer to do it free of charge. Don't see what else you could do, other than call dealers further away to see what they say or just cough up the money.

I dont understand how you can think that the dealer will do it for free......if this was the case theyd be doing nothing else.I think 50 odd squid is reasonable.The only thing free for out of warranty is a recall i believe