Audi Driver's International - 8th October 2011 - ***Official Thread***

I thought i'll bring some food up with me on saturday.
Sadly, my 240V socket wont power a microwave, you have to eat them cold.

IMAG0690.jpg

Er... Won't they have gone off by Saturday?

they'll be alright,mingsters taste like they have gone off way before they go out of date lol

tony

folks, I didn't see it in the first post, and I havn't seen it on this final page.

What time are we all planning to arrive at COmbe?

Please, no one add anymore names onto the list, I've requested for some additional stand passes, but they looks like not arriving, so going to struggle to squeeze 70 of yous on the stand, nevermind 85! lol

Sadly guys i wont be making it tomorrow just gone out to start the car and its running like crap. More than likely a coil pack gone but just havent got time to change it today running around like a mad man. Little ****** about this as i was really looking forward to coming. Although i now get a lie in

Had a great time at ADI today. AS.net track session was great, it didn't rain, the pies were a life saver and I managed to get the car washed aswell.

Special thanks to JoJo for organising us all & arranging the track sessions.
Special thanks also to scott b5 for the pies. Think this should be an AS.net regular show feature!

See you all again on the other side of winter.

Had a great day today guys, was good to meet you all... Thanks to jojo for organising everything, special thanks to Lee for scanning my car and clearing the codes, this misfire was down to a split fuel pressure regulator hose and ill keep you guys that heard my car posted on what the horrible noise is lol It's going to get looked at Monday

WOW! What can I say, apart from I'm totally shattered, got back around 6.30pm and dived in bed for a few hours to recharge!!

Luckily the weather held up for most of the time! I want to thank all of you who turned up to support ASN in numbers, what we didn't have in presentation was easily made up for in attendance! It's been a stressful few weeks leading upto the event arranging the stand passes and track sessions, but it was all worth it, and great to see it all go relatively smoothly on the day, and a huge thanks to those who gave me a helping hand with parking arrangements and handing out stand passes etc.!

Apologies if I didn't get to speak to most of you, I counted around 70 members on our stand! But it was good to see a few regulars and meet a few new ones as usual.

Sorry to keep it short, I need my beauty sleep. :)

Bring on ADI 2012! :arco:

Well folks, its been a very long but enjoyable day.

JoJo thanks for all your efforts, you did a cracking job arranging things for today and ensuring they went smoothly, so no doubt you deserve your few hrs beauty sleep.

Good shout paul!
Scott, looks like you'll be the pie man from now on ;)

Was great bumping into the lads I met at AITP again, also meeting new faces for the first time. had a great time and looking fwd to next year. Watching the lads fly round the track was good fun, and sitting in on Karls lap has left me wanting more, cheers buddy :thumbsup:

As for westy... what can i say :lmfao:

great day out yesterday,thanks jojo for all your hard work the stand looked excellent some realy nice cars on show,and a great turnout.well done all of you that went on the track looked great fun mite brave it myself next year all the best everyone.:arco:

WOW! What can I say, apart from I'm totally shattered, got back around 6.30pm and dived in bed for a few hours to recharge!!

Luckily the weather held up for most of the time! I want to thank all of you who turned up to support ASN in numbers, what we didn't have in presentation was easily made up for in attendance! It's been a stressful few weeks leading upto the event arranging the stand passes and track sessions, but it was all worth it, and great to see it all go relatively smoothly on the day, and a huge thanks to those who gave me a helping hand with parking arrangements and handing out stand passes etc.!

Apologies if I didn't get to speak to most of you, I counted around 70 members on our stand! But it was good to see a few regulars and meet a few new ones as usual.

Sorry to keep it short, I need my beauty sleep. :)

Bring on ADI 2012! :arco:

WELL DONE JOJO!!!!!!!!
very good day and superb turnout nice to see few more B7's showing support this year (cheers guys) i got alot of pics ill upload into the pic thread roll on 2012 and well done jo again hard work paid off mate nice one

big thanks to JoJo for organising the day! you did an ace job dude!

London M4 Motorway to Audi Driver International Chippenham.

This is how WE roll!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol:arco:

Last edited by a moderator:
hahaha....

by the way, anyone know what happened to the silver skoda? apparently it caught fire on the track???

hahaha....

by the way, anyone know what happened to the silver skoda? apparently it caught fire on the track???

Well, the event is obviously called Audi driver's and not Skoda drivers international, so guess someone helped it out a bit!? lol

Seriously though, that Skoda Octavia was a rapid machine, it flew past me along the pit straight!

Track Day Action filmed on my camcorder.

Well, the event is obviously called Audi driver's and not Skoda drivers international, so guess someone helped it out a bit!? lol

Seriously though, that Skoda Octavia was a rapid machine, it flew past me along the pit straight!

The oil filter popped, all the oil came out obviously, and then it seized and put a rod through the block, just before all the hot oil caught fire.

Ouch.

A bit belated I know but cheers for organising a great event JoJo,
The track time was awesome although I was the slowest lol :( I would have done the second session but seeing as my wheels offered me no grip and i found myself drifting the first chicane and I almost boiled my brake fluid so I decided I needed to get home safe and not make the already soft brakes any worse lol.

A bit belated I know but cheers for organising a great event JoJo,
The track time was awesome although I was the slowest lol :( I would have done the second session but seeing as my wheels offered me no grip and i found myself drifting the first chicane and I almost boiled my brake fluid so I decided I needed to get home safe and not make the already soft brakes any worse lol.

No worries Danny, main thing is you had fun mate, no need to push to the car's limits! I prep'd my car for the track session specifically, so came away with no issues. There's always next year! :racer:

The oil filter popped, all the oil came out obviously, and then it seized and put a rod through the block, just before all the hot oil caught fire.

Ouch.

Ouch indeed, heard people talking about it when they came off the track, happened at quarry corner or there abouts didn't it?

Well you know the old joke about why shofar have heated rear windows... Lol.

Do feel for the guy though...

He was giving it the beans and I did sense he was actually over-driving it, but maybe that was because it looked so very standard and maybe hadn't the modifications to withstand such aggressive use
It's par for the course if you'll pardon the pun that you risk blowing your motor on the track. If the owner hadn't the funds or allowed for the cost of breaking his engine well that's too bad.

He was giving it the beans and I did sense he was actually over-driving it, but maybe that was because it looked so very standard and maybe hadn't the modifications to withstand such aggressive use
It's par for the course if you'll pardon the pun that you risk blowing your motor on the track. If the owner hadn't the funds or allowed for the cost of breaking his engine well that's too bad.

This is true, he blasted past me along the pit straight whilst I was giving my car full throttle, I was like :wtf: lol

Track Day Action filmed on my camcorder.

Wow, can't believe 2 weeks have gone by............!

Nice video of me leading the pack out, and a few corners...:)

Thanks as always to jojo. I did pop 'round to the stand but nobody was there..... Thinking about it it was probably when you did the track session?? But, sadly, I seemed to be busy the rest of the day.