Audi diesel turbo boost loss of performance

AudiAotearoa

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have a 2005 3.0l diesel turbo Audi 4A Quattro that looses turbo boost from time to time when under load. When it does the glow light flashes and the performance is limited. When the car is restarted the glow light goes off and I have full power back. I have had our mechanic review the issue and they have produced the diagnostic report attached. They cant identify the what is causing the issue so have said they need to pull the turbo out to check it and it potentially may need replacing. The cost of the quote to that exceeds the value of the car so I would appreciate if anyone has had experience with this issue to please let me know how it was resolved? Any ideas on how I can fix it? Many thanks. Pete

Attachments

• GHM932 TPI..pdf
    560 KB · Views: 436
Sounds like your turbo vanes could be clogged.
Give this Mr Muscle clean up a go. This is on an A3, but you'll find all the relevant bits.

The BV50 turbo fitted to these cars does have issues with the actuator that leads to issues like you have. It is possible that other issues could be causing the problems such as boost leaks or a MAP sensor issue but the fault codes include over and under boost and a boost leak won't cause an over boost code. Also the P100 code seems to indicate an issue with the actuator.
Google BV50 turbo actuator .
Strictly speaking the actuator should be setup on the car, people have just changed them out and they have worked.
https://www.darksidedevelopments.co...lectronic-actuator-for-bv50-turbocharger.html

Do the cheapest approach first then work to the expensive stuff.
When you do your turbo make sure the activation rod has good movement.

Sounds like your turbo vanes could be clogged.
Give this Mr Muscle clean up a go. This is on an A3, but you'll find all the relevant bits.

Thanks very much for your advice. As I’m not a mechanic how do you clean the canes with Mr Muscle? Cheers.

Hi there,
I have a 2005 3.0l diesel turbo Audi 4A Quattro that looses turbo boost from time to time when under load. When it does the glow light flashes and the performance is limited. When the car is restarted the glow light goes off and I have full power back. I have had our mechanic review the issue and they have produced the diagnostic report attached. They cant identify the what is causing the issue so have said they need to pull the turbo out to check it and it potentially may need replacing. The cost of the quote to that exceeds the value of the car so I would appreciate if anyone has had experience with this issue to please let me know how it was resolved? Any ideas on how I can fix it? Many thanks. Pete
Turbo waste gate activator (electric motor) the gears are worn and stacks,needs a rebuild or change to a used working one....

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Turbo waste gate activator (electric motor) the gears are worn and stacks,needs a rebuild or change to a used working one.... Turbo wanes cleaning could do the trick tooo.... But in most cases the stack turbo wanes could cause the damage to the electric part of activator.....