Audi Dealership Retrofitting Options?

ZN7

Reaction score
So long story short - I bought an RS3 from Audi Bristol after the person who originally specced it decided to pull out. For that reason, I'm missing a couple of options which I would have preferred to have:
  • Mag ride
  • Electric mirrors
  • Super Sports Seats
Is it possible for me to have these retrospectively fitted by Audi themselves in order to maintain my warranty? If so, would anybody on here happen to have a rough idea on how much these would cost including fitting?

Thanks for any and all help!

So long story short - I bought an RS3 from Audi Bristol after the person who originally specced it decided to pull out. For that reason, I'm missing a couple of options which I would have preferred to have:
  • Mag ride
  • Electric mirrors
  • Super Sports Seats
Is it possible for me to have these retrospectively fitted by Audi themselves in order to maintain my warranty? If so, would anybody on here happen to have a rough idea on how much these would cost including fitting?

All is possible with a bit enough wallet, mag ride I’d dread to think as it likely all of the cabling is not in place for this but will need 4 shocks obviously and the programming at absolute minimum.

Electric mirrors shouldn’t be too bad, you will pick up a set of electric mirrors on eBay and then you will need to have the programming done and change the switch and panel on the drivers door so it has the mirrors good option.

Super Sports Seats should be one of the easiest ones to do as it should be a bolt in bolt out job, but I’d expect to be paying knocking on for £3000 for 2 seats and that’s just a guess.. the rear benches would have to be replaced if you wanted the matching quilt interior all the way through.

@DJAlix is your man!

Reactions: sve170
  • Mag ride
  • Electric mirrors
  • Super Sports Seats

Congrats on purchasing the RS3.

You should have electric mirrors as standard, on option on the mirrors was for the ‘Dip’ function when selecting reverse.

As for Mag-Ride, I doubt, and never heard of it being installed after collection, but other forum members will have a better idea.

Super Sports Seats: in my opinion they are a must have for anyone ordering an RS3.
I suspect they can be retro-fitted but think they will be mega expensive.

What colour is your motor, what optional extras were already on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like it would be easier to just sell your car and buy the one with these options as it is going to be very expensive indeed

Reactions: billymc92
B657EC74 7ECF 4898 B947 C9E471B5357F

Item number 8 is for mag ride shock in dollars (can not find this Etka site in gbp)

Imho Audi won't cover retro fitted parts even if Audi fit them. Warranty will cover original as ordered car only. As an example people tried to get the sports exhaust retro fitted and it wasn't covered under warranty.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't worry too much about mag ride. Could never tell if it was comfort or dynamic on my PFL and don't have it only my current car and don't miss it.

Supersports seats really lift the cabin and who knows, if you can find a cheap pair off a wrecked car then I'd do it. Electric mirrors also a must have, but as above, are you sure you don't have them?

Super Sports Seats I would need to get a quote for but power folding, adjustable and heated mirrors would be approx £600.00 supplied and fitted. MagRide retrofit? Sell your car and use the money towards one that has it. People look at the pricing of the individuals parts and think ‘hmmmm a shock is only £500 odd’. The parts might be reasonable but the installation requires re-wiring and re-coding a good number of the vehicles safety and lighting systems. Not a job I would even think about unless you were building a show car etc

Reactions: AudiNutta and sve170
Some wise advise from @DJAlix there, I didn’t want to say it and be knocked back for it but if you wanted to change all it would likely be more cost effective to change the car.

Mag Ride you don’t REALLY need, I’ve driven the standard car and it’s great but I also don’t understand how some of us on the forum can’t tell the difference when we have Mag Ride, for me it’s night and day when driven regularly in comfort and then go into dynamic... it’s brutal in fact, too harsh sometimes. I once had an Audi salesman tell me it’s too hard, it’s so stiff that wheels leave the road and for that he never drives them in full dynamic unless on a track on a smooth surface.

Just a further insight into the cost of seats, when there was a craze for stealing bucket seats from B7 RS4’s (might still be going on) insurance companies were writing off immaculate cars because of the cost of seats, yep a £20k+ RS... WRITTEN OFF because of seats pulled out.

Jesus! Thanks for the advice chaps much appreciated.

So mag ride is a write off as it'll be too costly and I might as well forget about it!

I've got electric mirrors but was referring to the folding aspect especially when reversing. Really feels necessary in London to get close to the curb (on narrow streets) without curbing. @DJAlix so 600 quid is the fully fitted price?

I wouldn't worry too much about mag ride. Could never tell if it was comfort or dynamic on my PFL and don't have it only my current car and don't miss it.

Supersports seats really lift the cabin and who knows, if you can find a cheap pair off a wrecked car then I'd do it. Electric mirrors also a must have, but as above, are you sure you don't have them?

Didn't even for a second think about looking for them from written off cars! Any idea where best to look for these?

Didn't even for a second think about looking for them from written off cars! Any idea where best to look for these?

Probably eBay to be honest, now where reputable as such and your run of the mill scrapyard won’t keep RS3’s.

But there are lots of stolen parts on eBay, some of them are so obvious it’s ridiculous. I’d find out of the bunch somebody who is a legit company. RS parts are often stolen, although the folding mirrors could be anything from a base A3 up so less likely to find stolen ones, just search for 8V electric folding mirrors if you can get the right part number, should all fit and then stick your caps on.

Jesus! Thanks for the advice chaps much appreciated.

So mag ride is a write off as it'll be too costly and I might as well forget about it!

I've got electric mirrors but was referring to the folding aspect especially when reversing. Really feels necessary in London to get close to the curb (on narrow streets) without curbing. @DJAlix so 600 quid is the fully fitted price?
£600, or a little less depending on the exchange rate as I pass on savings, would be fully fitted and would include the mirror dipping function. Mirror dipping can also be coded to your current power heated and adjustable mirrors. Folding needs new bases with the motors in them. I ask £45.00 for a basic coding session.

Reactions: Jonny B and sve170
I'd love to get adaptive cruise retro fitted to my PFL. I even considered switching to the FL largely to pick one up with adaptive cruise, but it's so very very rarely specced because it's expensive. Yet it's on loads of Golfs because VW don't charge much for it. Grr..

Actually totally possible but the only way to do it properly is not to cut a hole in the roof. You would need to find a donor car, cut all the pillars of both vehicles and then transplant the complete roof over to your vehicle, then complete the electrics.

Actually totally possible but the only way to do it properly is not to cut a hole in the roof. You would need to find a donor car, cut all the pillars of both vehicles and then transplant the complete roof over to your vehicle, then complete the electrics.

So in real terms it is not possible.

So in real terms it is not possible.

No, in real terms it’s totally possible if the correct body shop is given the works and you have the time and the budget... anything is actually. However just because you may have the time and £££ does not always mean something should be undertaken :)

Reactions: sve170
I wouldn't fancy cutting my roof off!

Reactions: billymc92 and sve170
I'd love to get adaptive cruise retro fitted to my PFL. I even considered switching to the FL largely to pick one up with adaptive cruise, but it's so very very rarely specced because it's expensive. Yet it's on loads of Golfs because VW don't charge much for it. Grr..

I miss my ACC from my golf R, there were a few cars with ACC on prefl’s but on the prefl you lose your Quattro sign in the lower grill which I didn’t like the idea of so I stayed away. I don’t massively miss it and I can definitely live without it!