AUDI Dealers in the UK: the GOOD and/or Incompetent...

Still was messed about no 'contrary' about it and I think if you read the posts Martyn doesn't deny the fact either. That was my experience and I have stated the facts, now your just dragging it on. I have stated my side and Martyn his.

Interesting on the difference in feedback. Waiting to hear back tomorrow from Martyn and we will see what happens, If no deal happens this time I shall keep my eyes peeled on one in the near future. I am in no rush, and prepared to wait for the right car and deal. Thanks guys

Thanks Robbie,

Makes it much clearer now, the one on the RIGHT just looks dirty now :haha:

View attachment 12666

dirty indeed....... this is dirty my friend.......
0c41be98af074482ac1ce68aa4b224f6_zpsf3543da2.jpg

Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus and PigPen
Pigpen,

I didn't mess you about but indeed I will admit not calling you back on the Friday "My day off" or indeed the Saturday morning before you had left from Devon to drive to Bath to see the Suzuka Grey car.
but you have to admit in the two weeks leading up to this event, I did indeed reply to your emails in and out of working hours and also sent you figures on the Black car that also sold before you had got to it.

I hope we can now draw a line in the sand with regards to this and all enjoy our RS Cars :thumbsup:

And as I've already said if you require any assistance in the future then please let me know

Interesting on the difference in feedback. Waiting to hear back tomorrow from Martyn and we will see what happens, If no deal happens this time I shall keep my eyes peeled on one in the near future. I am in no rush, and prepared to wait for the right car and deal. Thanks guys

ice_cube99 I will indeed be in contact with the answers to the information you require.
im working from my Bristol Centre in the morning and have a couple of appointments first thing but will endeavour to get back to you before 2pm

Pigpen,

I didn't mess you about but indeed I will admit not calling you back on the Friday "My day off" or indeed the Saturday morning before you had left from Devon to drive to Bath to see the Suzuka Grey car.
but you have to admit in the two weeks leading up to this event, I did indeed reply to your emails in and out of working hours and also sent you figures on the Black car that also sold before you had got to it.

I hope we can now draw a line in the sand with regards to this and all enjoy our RS Cars :thumbsup:

And as I've already said if you require any assistance in the future then please let me know

A set of spare alloys wouldn't go a miss! :happy:

Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus
Martyn, fair play to you for coming on here and listening to the feedback and acting on it. I'm always impressed by organisations that take feedback and improve service. I think I'm right in saying Cardiff Audi and your dealership(s) are all part of the same group.

Remembering this thread was about the good as well as the bad my experience with Cardiff Audi and your colleagues Steph Gosling (who also speaks highly of you) and John Spriggs from sales to service has been excellent. Steph has excellent product knowledge and a genuine interest in the cars and treated us as a family perfectly (eg borrowing the car for an hour, fitting the child seats etc went a long way to sealing the deal) - not just trying to sell a finance package like some other dealers. I praise good service when it's due and I know the e-mail of praise I sent to the dealership was forwarded to all concerned because John also copied me into his response to the team. I think that says a lot about the culture of an organisation. I have 2 other Audi main dealers closer to home but I choose to use Cardiff Audi because of this approach.

The odd mistake, misunderstanding and problem will happen, that's life, I think what's done to put it right is more important. I'm sure your open approach has gone a long way to helping reach that point.

Martyn, fair play to you for coming on here and listening to the feedback and acting on it. I'm always impressed by organisations that take feedback and improve service. I think I'm right in saying Cardiff Audi and your dealership(s) are all part of the same group.

Remembering this thread was about the good as well as the bad my experience with Cardiff Audi and your colleagues Steph Gosling (who also speaks highly of you) and John Spriggs from sales to service has been excellent. Steph has excellent product knowledge and a genuine interest in the cars and treated us as a family perfectly (eg borrowing the car for an hour, fitting the child seats etc went a long way to sealing the deal) - not just trying to sell a finance package like some other dealers. I praise good service when it's due and I know the e-mail of praise I sent to the dealership was forwarded to all concerned because John also copied me into his response to the team. I think that says a lot about the culture of an organisation. I have 2 other Audi main dealers closer to home but I choose to use Cardiff Audi because of this approach.

The odd mistake, misunderstanding and problem will happen, that's life, I think what's done to put it right is more important. I'm sure your open approach has gone a long way to helping reach that point.

MBK

Thanks, well 12 years as a tech and 10 of those a master tech has certainly given me a different approach to Audi Sport products, I know Steph very well and John is the Head of Business.

I suppose I came on here to show that I have nothing to hide and I'm a true petrol head! Even if I am on the dark side with an Evo 7 but hey why buy an Audi when can drive them everyday?

anyway I'm here to help should anybody need any !

I'm working on the musical brakes! I'm sure ill make friends if I find the solution ! :blackrs4::thumbsup:

Reactions: Kelza, 45bvtc and monkeyboy_marcus
Can I take my high heels off now?

Hey Pigpen as you've taken your high heels you can borrow my magic racing boots if you like:

Alpinestars.jpg

One go in your RS3 with these on and you'll soon forget about a paint touch up and the need for a bit of polish. My car has one really nasty stone chip but I don't mind too much because I know how it got there and boy was it fun - when I eventually stop grinning I will get it sorted out. I know little problems can be frustrating but get out there and drive the RS3 as it was meant to be and I'm sure you'll see these really are minor in the big scheme of things. Look on the bright side and enjoy, you've got a truly great motor!

I suppose I came on here to show that I have nothing to hide and I'm a true petrol head! Even if I am on the dark side with an Evo 7 but hey why buy an Audi when can drive them everyday?

I'm working on the musical brakes! I'm sure ill make friends if I find the solution ! :blackrs4::thumbsup:

Fabulous, everyone should go to the darkside at least once. I loved owning and using this IX MR to it's true potential!

IMG_3428.jpg

As for the brake squeal mine only do occasionally, maybe because I get them nice and hot. I don't think the rest of them are trying hard enough... (I better explain this is a joke as some people seem to be quite touchy at the moment!)

Hello Martyn and Welcome :beerchug:

Good of you to join up here.

After recent events I've been a bit quiet on here, been really busy and not used the RS much. Its tucked up in a warm garage..

I can confirm accidental damage to my seat was not caused by Bath Audi.
I will not name and shame as some request as whilst upset it happened it was an accident which can happen to anyone.
Its all about how the group go about putting things right when they do go wrong.

Having purchased the RS from Bath Audi and gone out of my way to use them for warranty work, Martyn, Barry and Master Tech Ollie whom I deal with have been superb! The only issue has been with the product and not the service. Barry "Aftersales Manager" has gone above and beyond my expectations on levels of customer service. Now where's my Jacket lol....only joking.

Good to see a popular Dealer on here offering their expertise and also now you maybe get to see our frustrations on some issues like the brake squeal. We are your core customers imo, we will be the people who will be requesting 8V RS3 allocations when ready, its good we can communicate across a like minded forum.

MBK

Thanks, well 12 years as a tech and 10 of those a master tech has certainly given me a different approach to Audi Sport products, I know Steph very well and John is the Head of Business.

anyway I'm here to help should anybody need any !

The solution appears relatively simple, a new pad with a compound inbetween what Brembo have supplied Audi for the RS3 and that of the B7 RS4's Pagid's so we don't go from squeal to pad deposition with decent thickness shim material on the back? But then you'll have to get Audi to approve that. New design set of directionally vaned front discs would be handy as well!

After recent events I've been a bit quiet on here, been really busy and not used the RS much. Its tucked up in a warm garage..

I will not name and shame as some request as whilst upset it happened it was an accident which can happen to anyone.
Its all about how the group go about putting things right when they do go wrong.

Having purchased the RS from Bath Audi and gone out of my way to use them for warranty work, Martyn, Barry and Master Tech Ollie whom I deal with have been superb! The only issue has been with the product and not the service. Barry "Aftersales Manager" has gone above and beyond my expectations on levels of customer service. Now where's my Jacket lol....only joking.

Good to see a popular Dealer on here offering their expertise and also now you maybe get to see our frustrations on some issues like the brake squeal. We are your core customers imo, we will be the people who will be requesting 8V RS3 allocations when ready, its good we can communicate across a like minded forum.

Nice try with the jacket, if there is one i get first dibbs for getting him to join:lmfao:

Hey Martyn what about a Jacket deal if we get a bunch of us interested?

We have a meet coming up that could have 14 RS3's in the same place, how cool would that look if we all had jackets, and think of the publicity.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Nice try with the jacket, if there is one i get first dibbs for getting him to join:lmfao:

Hey Martyn what about a Jacket deal if we get a bunch of us interested?

We have a meet coming up that could have 14 RS3's in the same place, how cool would that look if we all had jackets, and think of the publicity.

brilliant, God loves a trier :friends:

CarrG

Barry said to say hello and that Jackets are on Back order :moa:

Mr Freeze I can look at a bulk buy for Audi Jackets but 14 together ........ The cars will look cool but all of you wearing Audi jackets I'm not so sure.

Update on the brake squeal, I have been informed that Audi are working on a solution and gave me April as a timescale so all of you will be the first to know as soon as I have any info.

Well I'm here to help.
im totally with you on you all being my core customers so anything interesting I will post on here.

Martyn,

It's great to see someone taking these comments seriously and facing direct criticism.

I was a little shocked but pleasantly surprised to receive a pm from you yesterday, as per your pm I waited for your call today pm and nothing. I completely understand that today is your first day back in since Wed, however please don't say you will call and then don't. This was exactly why I posted my rant in the first place, FYI all my contact details have been passed to Bath Audi twice they include phone number and e-mail address etc.

Cheers
Rich

Hi Rich,

Very valid point and yes I do have your contact details. Just the day go away from me as I have a big event at brand hatch tomorrow and Wednesday, I can call you now but guessed the morning would be better, was actually just about to email you as I have just arrived home to catch up on the rest of the days work.
if now is a good time then let me know and I'll give you a ring, the Suzuka car I have I believe won't be of interest to you but as BT always say its good to talk.

let me know

Martyn

Hi Rich,

Very valid point and yes I do have your contact details. Just the day go away from me as I have a big event at brand hatch tomorrow and Wednesday, I can call you now but guessed the morning would be better, was actually just about to email you as I have just arrived home to catch up on the rest of the days work.
if now is a good time then let me know and I'll give you a ring, the Suzuka car I have I believe won't be of interest to you but as BT always say its good to talk.

let me know

Martyn

Hi,

Tomorrow will be fine, a suggestion. I live 15 mins from Brands and can be avail on Wed, happy to meet you there and have a chat in person.

Cheers
Rich

Hi,

Tomorrow will be fine, a suggestion. I live 15 mins from Brands and can be avail on Wed, happy to meet you there and have a chat in person.

Cheers
Rich

that would be perfect, I'm there launching a new race series that I have sponsored this year, let me know what sort of time you can get there and ill meet you.

ill text you my number now and email you the details

Martyn

CarrG

Barry said to say hello and that Jackets are on Back order :moa:

Mr Freeze I can look at a bulk buy for Audi Jackets but 14 together ........ The cars will look cool but all of you wearing Audi jackets I'm not so sure.

Update on the brake squeal, I have been informed that Audi are working on a solution and gave me April as a timescale so all of you will be the first to know as soon as I have any info.

Not shooting the messenger but April now is it? Any idea what happened to the fix made available by end of Q1, or what the solution might be, or how it will be rolled out, or whether there will be a compensatory goodwill package? I'm due to be making a call on returning the car to Coulsdon by end of March if the fault isn't resolved, that's all...

Not shooting the messenger but April now is it? Any idea what happened to the fix made available by end of Q1, or what the solution might be, or how it will be rolled out, or whether there will be a compensatory goodwill package? I'm due to be making a call on returning the car to Coulsdon by end of March if the fault isn't resolved, that's all...

Hi Monkeyboy

I have no additional details as yet but I'm on the case and as soon as I know any more information I will let you all know

Today I went to Brands and met Martyn, for the record he was extremely apologetic about the lack of previous contact. Spent a good few hours chatting about cars including the RS3. He really wants to try to assist Audi to spur along the brake squeal problem. It seems Audi are working on the problem behind the scenes, any developments or changes may obviously take time to filter through to its customer base. The problem was around with the TTRS but it seems to have been fueled by the RS3, this will be resolved it is unfortunately a waiting game. Now Martyn is a ASN follower he has assured me that if he hears any news he will advise you owners ASAP via the forum.

I am very pleased to have met Martyn today and can say he is a very genuine hospitable person, should he struggle to find me a RS3 I would 100% use him in the future. He knows how bad dealers can be and is trying to run a genuine RS / S business for Bath Audi. If anyone is looking for a new car seriously consider speaking to him, he has some great contacts in the automotive industry. His brand is branching out into alternative VAG performance vehicles, so he might be able to help here.

For the record some people might be intrigued as to why my tune has suddenly changed, there has been no personal gain in me writing this as yet Martyn hasn't found me a car. However I am man enough to admit if I am wrong about something or someone. Hopefully we can all benefit having Martyn on side, fingers crossed this might aid with future Audi issues.

Cheers
Rich

Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus
Nice to hear Rich.

So when you looking to get into an RS?

You advertised your stunning S3 or trading it in?

Just put my deposit down on an RS3 today, had originally spoke to Martyn at Bath but there were no cars that I wanted about. He did keep in touch and respond to all enquiries, so thanks Martyn.

However, Cant recommend Ben Lay at Newbury Audi enough, made an enquiry yesterday afternoon, and by this afternoon a great deal had been put in place. Sent me pictures with minutes of the first enquiry. Don't know anyone else's dealing with them, but I am very satisfied with his service.

Roll on 2nd week of April. He even went halfers to Transport it to me to Glasgow. Very Happy.

Just put my deposit down on an RS3 today, had originally spoke to Martyn at Bath but there were no cars that I wanted about. He did keep in touch and respond to all enquiries, so thanks Martyn.

However, Cant recommend Ben Lay at Newbury Audi enough, made an enquiry yesterday afternoon, and by this afternoon a great deal had been put in place. Sent me pictures with minutes of the first enquiry. Don't know anyone else's dealing with them, but I am very satisfied with his service.

Roll on 2nd week of April. He even went halfers to Transport it to me to Glasgow. Very Happy.

Great to hear what did you find & what's the spec?

Great to hear what did you find & what's the spec?

Finally got Suzuka Grey, low mileage, Black styling pack, aluminium inlays, Bose, auto mirrors.

Ben done me a deal on GAP, factory tints to be added at a good price, free 1st service and halved the transport costs and £750 off the car price.

Spec seems ok, would have liked cruise and roof rails. Cruise can be fitted tho?

Finally got Suzuka Grey, low mileage, Black styling pack, aluminium inlays, Bose, auto mirrors.

Ben done me a deal on GAP, factory tints to be added at a good price, free 1st service and halved the transport costs and £750 off the car price.

Spec seems ok, would have liked cruise and roof rails. Cruise can be fitted tho?

Nice car, have been looking at similar spec cars but want buckets. What mileage and what did you pay?

Ice_Cube cruise can be retro fitted quite cheaply, but the roof bars are an expensive after fit item. Stoke Audi fitted a set, it took longer than planned and also cost a lot more too.

Ice_Cube cruise can be retro fitted quite cheaply, but the roof bars are an expensive after fit item. Stoke Audi fitted a set, it took longer than planned and also cost a lot more too.

Thanks for that, will try sort the cruise out once I get the car. Ben mentioned that the roof rails can't be done afterwards which is a shame, but not a biggie to be fair. Roll on a few weeks.

Thanks for that, will try sort the cruise out once I get the car. Ben mentioned that the roof rails can't be done afterwards which is a shame, but not a biggie to be fair. Roll on a few weeks.

If you want cruise speak with NHN on here he will sort you out. Top lad