AUDI Dealers in the UK: the GOOD and/or Incompetent...

Yes of course he exists but he's a bit chicken when it comes to answering calls from customers directly.

Audi were well aware of this from the previous retail experience he listed on his CV. It's a surprise he's so chicken as apparently he used to be Colonel in the Army. You can read more about him here:

Colonel Sanders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How can you expect him to get back to you when he has also has all that tasty chicken to prepare?

Any dealings with Bath Audi? They have a 3 I'm interested in...

I have heard good and bad about them.

Personally I think they are completely incompetent, called them after registering an interest in a particular RS3 received a courtesy call some 2 days later saying that Martyn would be in touch. Another 3 days nothing so I called him, was told the usual yes we are scouting around our RS contacts to find you a car and he would call me back within 5 days. This was 2 months ago, yesterday I notice they are advertising a RS3 as yet they still haven't called me. There sales approach seems to be very reactive, they would definitely sell more cars and get greater positive feedback if they were a tad more proactive.

I work in technology sales and I honestly can't understand the mindset of Audi sales teams, it's completely reactive. Yes they are selling cars but no wonder car sales men are given such a bad rep when they don't think outside the box let alone return calls. It's like I am doing them a favour as I am showing an interest, at least listen to my need and sell from here. Rant over you might have a completely different service from them, I know various people who can't speak highly enough about them.

Over and out.

Yes that's the gentleman who has been responding to my emails. Martyn, so far has responded quickly and promptly to any questions I have asked about. Would be travelling from Glasgow so need to make sure the deal is right, car is in condition described etc.

Have only used Stoke Audi and Macclesfield Audi and to be fair Stoke where we bought my wife's car from we had no issues as we only had the car from new for 1 year, Macclesfield have also been good with any issues and the 1 recall we have had, with the original salesman acting on our behalf - nice to see as some of them as soon as you have bought the car can't even be bothered to look at you( land rover not audi).

Now the approved body shop that Audi Accident Exchange use is a whole different ball game! The wife has gone to pick her car up this morning after a smart repair to the front quarter bumper on her A1 and she noticed straight away that it is not even the correct colour of grey and he tried to fob her off with plastic is never the same colour as the rest of the car. This happened last year and had her drivers door repainted and polished on 3 seperate occasions to get it right. I have also used them as the paint on my rear bumper was flaking from new on my polo, this took 5 visits to eventually get right. They really are numpties and can't be bothered to check the quality of their work before it goes out of the door!

looking forward to hearing from the manager his thoughts on Monday morning and also lodged my feelings with Accident Exchange - will see what happens next week

Any dealings with Bath Audi? They have a 3 I'm interested in...

I bought my Previous S3 from them (Martyn) and then i got the wifes Q3 from them (Martyn) trading in the S3, the only reason i didn't get the RS3 from them was he didn't have one while i was looking.

Having only dealt with Martyn i would recommend him as a salesman, Bath as a franchise has been ok so far.

I bought my Previous S3 from them (Martyn) and then i got the wifes Q3 from them (Martyn) trading in the S3, the only reason i didn't get the RS3 from them was he didn't have one while i was looking.

Having only dealt with Martyn i would recommend him as a salesman, Bath as a franchise has been ok so far.

Thanks for the heads up on Martyn then.

I have been messed about my 'Martyn' before and after a sale and Bath Audi in general. They had two RS3's for sale kept emailing and ringing to see if available before I travelled for about 3 days and kept getting someone will call you back. In the end I just drove up there and they had sold both!

Have only used Stoke Audi and Macclesfield Audi and to be fair Stoke where we bought my wife's car from we had no issues as we only had the car from new for 1 year, Macclesfield have also been good with any issues and the 1 recall we have had, with the original salesman acting on our behalf - nice to see as some of them as soon as you have bought the car can't even be bothered to look at you( land rover not audi).

Now the approved body shop that Audi Accident Exchange use is a whole different ball game! The wife has gone to pick her car up this morning after a smart repair to the front quarter bumper on her A1 and she noticed straight away that it is not even the correct colour of grey and he tried to fob her off with plastic is never the same colour as the rest of the car. This happened last year and had her drivers door repainted and polished on 3 seperate occasions to get it right. I have also used them as the paint on my rear bumper was flaking from new on my polo, this took 5 visits to eventually get right. They really are numpties and can't be bothered to check the quality of their work before it goes out of the door!

looking forward to hearing from the manager his thoughts on Monday morning and also lodged my feelings with Accident Exchange - will see what happens next week

MT3 was it Swansway in Crewe?

Keeps the residuals up though and makes me happy with what I paid :yes:

Keeps me happy to as i only paid 33k for mine,back in november,from a main audi dealer ! ;)

Last edited:
Moschops, no it was Smith Knight and Fay in Audenshaw Manchester.

Reactions: carman
That's the one I have looked at, pricey...true. Will see if they can budge on price..I'm after Suzuka

Best colour................biased of course!

That's the beauty of SG - is it white, grey or silver? The answer is all 3 depending what colour car is parked next to you. Wasn't my first choice but now I have it think it shows of the RS3 features the best!

Bit pricey for 10k on the clock me thinks...:undwech:

Theres very little choice at the moment, approx 17 for sale. They took a massive £1500 drop in glasses this month, after £500 last month. I think the prices will firm right up again, due to lack of supply. I just paid £36k for an immaculate sept 12, in daytona grey, with 1800 miles, and an average spec (privacy, matt ali pack, auto lights/wipers, diming mirrors, sunband! and a broken propshaft haha.) That was in the trade as well. Ive already got cruise control ready to add as well. When I compared it to everything else out there, I am pleased.

Used RS3 QUATTRO 2012 12 Suzuka Grey for sale - PistonHeads (Ref 1184228)

As I said this was my personal experience with them, too be honest if I was spending £5k on a Fiesta I would have expected this but if I am considering dropping £45k on a RS3 I honestly don't expect the same service.

I have a feeling that car is this one;

Audi 2.5T FSI RS3 Quattro 5dr S Tronic Sportback 2012

Both July registered, I spoke to the owner via text on this one. I think he sold it back to the dealer. I bet it doesnt hang around long

I have a feeling that car is this one;

Audi 2.5T FSI RS3 Quattro 5dr S Tronic Sportback 2012

Both July registered, I spoke to the owner via text on this one. I think he sold it back to the dealer. I bet it doesnt hang around long

If its the same car Bath Audi are trying to make nearly £2k and the Autotrader car has more miles. Worth checking the number plate to see if it matches.

Hmm interesting, I messaged the one on autotrader and no reply twice. Certainly thrown a spanner into the works if its the same car. Martyn says they get the car in next week so possibly could be the same car...

Last edited:
I got a reply, but only once, and at around the same time my wife and I decided Daytona Grey with the matt ali pack was the only option for us, so never tried again!

It looks white to me :hubbahubba:
efdbc3af491d866dabdcbf72a756ae65_zpsf4668137.jpg

Reactions: PigPen
After being emailed a link to this thread by a loyal customer I felt it only right to put myself in the firing line and have the opportunity to defend some of the negative comments, and also to try and show that if an Audi main dealer employee is willing to take the time to read your comments then that should hopefully show we are not all the same and some of us do care.

I totally understand your frustrations with regards to the purchase off your RS3 from Stafford, as I said in the email to you at the time the problem occurred by contacting dealers within the same group.

With regards to being 'messed' about by me and Bath Audi, I apologise if this is how you feel.

If this is a reference to 'me' I didn't contact dealers in the same group. I contacted you after not getting a call back I contacted Stafford. Then I met you and can only make my own assumptions on what I know now in that you contacted Crewe to get the car you offered me I was told it was from Audi HQ. Again I don't know if that is true as you have never explained this to me just suggested it was my fault for contacting more than one dealer but why shouldn't I particularly when I couldn't get a response from Bath? They offered a better deal than Bath so I would be stupid to give away more of my hard earned cash - it is a competitive world. You then offered to sort some bits for me and after numerous emails without a response I gave up, why make an offer to do something and then frustrate the hell out of someone by not responding? You were the first Audi Dealer I had met that talked sense and then you let all the good work fall apart, I would have bought a car from you but in the end just felt messed about and with no explanation just as you have reiterated above.:think:

What happened with Crewe and Stafford I have no control over so not fair of me to comment.

with regards to what happened with myself and my dealings with you then I can only assume you had contacted one of the other dealers before you came to Bath?
I have appologised for the fact that you came to bath and the cars were sold.
I didn't offer you the Suzuka car as you had told me your upper limit with regards to budget and as I'm trying to keep the RS3 residuals high I would never have discounted one of the last RS3's in the country by that level.
If I had known you had contacted Crewe then I never would have requested the Crewe RS3 from the RS team at Audi, but the positive of this is they ended up in a bidding war between themselves to secure your business.
I totally understand that you went with the best deal as would I if I were to be spending that amount of money.

with regards to the black pack and the Bose I'm a little confused as I did give you the details of the Bose guy and also emailed to say that I wouldn't be able to help with the black pack but could supply the parts discounted should you require them.
agina places except my appologies if you did not receive this.
offer still stands should you want the parts.

dont like hard feelings and I pride myself on the level of service I provide, so much so that Bath Audi has become one of the top RS centres in the country with RS sales and we are number three in the country for customer satisfaction.

I am more than willing to help you in ny way with any aspect of your RS3 and I do hope you are enjoying the car, albeit with some paint issues that I have read about on here.

would you like me to see if I can acquire you a Suzuka Grey touch up?

Just for the record I have never contacted Crewe and I was led to believe the car was at Audi not in another dealership. I never received any kind of offer from you for the black pack my last communication with you was that you were going to get a price together for me to have the Bose, Black Pack and mirrors painted to be done all in one go and I never heard back after several emails. There was also no bidding war between Crewe and Stafford either. It turned out that Stafford offered me the exact same car you had offered me for less as it was with their other dealership I accepted the offer but then Crewe wouldn't release the car to Stafford after the event.

The original guy asked of people's experiences with Bath Audi and I have been truthful and honest in the above. I don't have any hard feelings towards you and I stated this after the event but then felt messed about and let down because you made the offer of the parts etc. and would respond to my emails which is again being truthful and honest.

The car is booked in for a complete correction and I have already ordered the touch-up for the door but thanks for the offer.

Welcome Martyn,
Glad to see you decided to respond, and yes for anyone wondering i did contact him and make him aware of the thread, and no i have no personal connection with him other than been a satisfied customer.
For the record, i took a Black Sline 2.0TDi in to Bath which was bought elsewhere and left with a New S3 and a smile on my face.
Then just recently i went back to Martyn to see if he could find me a RS3 and then change the S3 for a Q3 to keep the Mrs happy.
Result, he didn't find me the RS3 so i bought elsewhere, but he honored the deal on the Q3 for the S3, which i believe was weighted against me also getting the RS3 from him. So again we left with the Q3 and a smile on my face.

In summary, he has spent a great deal of time with me both in Store and on the phone trying to get me what i wanted.

I can't comment on the dealership as i have only had contact with Martyn, but i feel he has gone above and beyond.

Again Martyn, I'm glad you joined and i'm sure you don't want to get into a he said, she said type arguement, but you are indeed right to defend yourself. I hope you find time to call in regulary and maybe help out with some of the question comment we seem to raise.

I'm not quite sure about defending yourself I have only told the truth regarding Bath Audi and haven't actually slagged them off just told of my experience.

I have been messed about my 'Martyn' before and after a sale and Bath Audi in general. They had two RS3's for sale kept emailing and ringing to see if available before I travelled for about 3 days and kept getting someone will call you back. In the end I just drove up there and they had sold both!

On the contrary, if you open with a comment like above, then i would say he is totally ok to defend himself, there are always 2 sides to every story.
I think the important thing here is that Martyn has taken the time to come on and effectively throw himself into the firing line. I hope he decides to stay and check in regulary so as to help with discussions.

Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus