AUDI Dealers in the UK: the GOOD and/or Incompetent...

45bvtc

Older than I once was and younger than I will be
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Gutted by CarrG's misfortune, I do believe we need to list Audi UK dealers who are doing either a GOOD job and/or more importantly, a BAD job.

I'll start with the CarrG's experience and recently posted photograph (that I hope he'll not mind me re-posting) as it appears lost in the 'brake-squeal' posts and needs to be exposed:

View attachment 12102

Not that it helps but it looks like paint. Oil or brake fluid would have soaked into the leather and appear like a 'damp' patch: you've got colour, and that's sitting on top of the leather - looks like paint to me...

CarrG, you have my sincere sympathies, and shame on the Audi Dealership that caused the damage and then allowed the car to be released back to the customer in that state.

The RS3: a great car being spoilt by incompetents.

I'll put my marker down: I have to say that I've total confidence in the guys at Stafford Audi!

Maybe, and while I readily acknowledge it's NOT a satisfactory answer for all, you should take your RS3 pride and joy cars there....

AND I HAVE checked the Stafford Audi service guys out: when I first started to use Stafford Audi I'd ALWAYS have the car back in the garage with the wheels off and/or back over the 'pit' just to look see, and I've NEVER found them wanting....

My RS3 and TT will be back at Stafford Audi for servicing, no worries...

Last edited:
York Audi are by far the best dealer in the Leeds area (worth travelling too). Leeds and Knaresborough are poor and shockingly expensive!

I,ve had very good experiences with harrogate audi (ben and louise ) and i live not far from lakedistrict audi ,who have been just,,ok..and are more expensive than most audi dealers ,also parklands (gloucestershire)audi where just ok....

Last edited:
We use Stoke Audi for the RS3 and the Audi A1.

The service has always been great and the team first class. They know there stuff and have always been helpful. They know how we look after our cars and thats been aknowledged and reciprecated when we have gone to collect them. :arco:

The RS3 came from Carlisle (where is currently is) they have also always been helpful, however on a serving basis they are too far away for use to use all the time. :racer:

The A1 came from Crewe, who offered a medocre handover when the car was new and the manager at the time was a complete moron, so they lost out. :undwech:

Have been to Shrewsbury serveral times for bits and bobs, but was always left standing round in the showroom like a complete prawn, plus I've never heard good things about them...:jester:

I,ve had very good experiences with harrogate audi (ben and louise ) and i live not far from lakedistrict audi ,who have been just,,ok..and are more expensive than most audi dealers ,also parklands (gloucestershire)audi where just ok....

The service isn't bad bad, although there has always been lots of room for improvement, my biggest issue with Harrogate Audi are its part costs and labour rates. If you think Harrogate are good you should try York, 10 times better service and cheaper and you can negotiate prices.

Plus on numerous occasions good will!

Reactions: Kelza
I could still cry....

They came to my work today.
Its ink from a broken pen in the Tech's pocket...
Accidents happen I guess but do you think freshly accuired (Asda) Mr Sheen wipes will get it out??? Nor me, tech did.

When that didn't work he pulled out Tardis!! He didnt know what it was!!
I can't leave AS Tardis on a rag in garage for a week it stinks and eats whatever it comes into contact with..

Very unimpressed...

I have used Colchester Audi since it opened 3+yrs ago, can't fault them at all, great sales team, great service team (front of house) and the parts team are superb to the point that it's all first name terms lol

I could still cry....

Accidents happen I guess but do you think freshly accuired (Asda) Mr Sheen wipes will get it out??? Nor me, tech did.

I can't leave AS Tardis on a rag in garage for a week it stinks and eats whatever it comes into contact with..

Very unimpressed...
the only thing that will remove ink properly is IPA, but be really careful and preferably dilute it with distilled/de-ionised water and as always test a small bit first... I really feel for you mate, makes me wanna come down there and have a proper good shout at 'em for you:motz:

I could still cry....

Very unimpressed...

NEW SEATS! Period! And get the other stuff done too... PILLOCKS!

Note: the origin of pillock is believed to go back to the 16th century meaning penis - from the Norwegian word pillicock, presumably akin to the slang dickhead: for me that (dickheads) says it all....

Reactions: finchy256
Cardiff Audi have been great so far, but I hesitate to say this as they could be the offending dealer here and are almost certainly part of the same dealership group.

On the positive side the are the updates, servicing and resolving the condensation in the exhaust issue.

Only a couple of minor negatives - I don't like them making the claim that they will match any 'like for like tyre price' when they most certainly won't. Also if Audi sell cars with diamond cut alloys they ought to be capable and willing to help with repairs, yes others can do this but its the ****** hassle of it all, I'd be happy to pay a few ££ extra for the process to be easy!

CarrG..

imo.They think they can get you sorted by taking,and you will accept some sort of short cut.

Phone them up.give them reasonable time to FIT REPLACEMENT NEW SEAT.there's no if's and buts about it.

Time for you to take some serious ACTION. they are in the wrong.end of.

Dont pussy foot around now,time to let them have both barrels.....on a Saturday would be preferable,for obvious reasons.

CarrG..

imo.They think they can get you sorted by taking,and you will accept some sort of short cut.

Phone them up.give them reasonable time to FIT REPLACEMENT NEW SEAT.there's no if's and buts about it.

Time for you to take some serious ACTION. they are in the wrong.end of.

Dont pussy foot around now,time to let them have both barrels.....on a Saturday would be preferable,for obvious reasons.

The problem is they won't want to fit just the drivers seat as it may not match the rest of the interior, so they will have to replace both the front seats and the rears as well. I was having this discussion with Audi only last week. What ever they decide to do, it's gonna cost em big time. Dozy bleeders....

The problem is they won't want to fit just the drivers seat as it may not match the rest of the interior, so they will have to replace both the front seats and the rears as well. I was having this discussion with Audi only last week. What ever they decide to do, it's gonna cost em big time. Dozy bleeders....

A PAIR of seats, A PAIR!!! How can you just fit the one?

How on earth/WHY did the dips**ck (sorry, a dipstick is of course useful) Sevice Manager (hahahahahahahahahah........) sorry, sorry; pass off this car to be returned to the Customer?

I'm sure I know, please guys, don't reply...

CarrG, unless i've missed it, i don't see where you have named them so far.

if you haven't is it not time to name and shame such actions?

Another thought, rather than a meet in Wales what about group meets in Dealers forecourts where we could cause parking headaches and raise interest in them actually fixing some of the problems we have. A bit like group action and call the press to cover such actions.

Just a thought!

Not strictly true, a good automotive trimmer can replace the seat leather in little to no time at all (1-2 days) and it will look identical, doesn't need the entire seat replacing. Before selling my RS4 I had this done to the drivers seat; rebuilt bolster cages; new foam; new leather where needed, existing leather redyed and lacquered. He can even do diamond pattern stitch whicb Iw as templted to to in the 4 but may try it on the 3 in the future.

CarrG, if they will not replace the leather I'll give you the details for the trimmer I use as he is excelent and does all VAG cars for our local Bentley, Audi, VW and Lambo dealers.

Back on subject, dealerships I can vouch for;

Haroldwood Audi; Sales and Servicing
Carlisle Audi; Sales (not used servicing so far)
Camberley Audi; servicing
Tyneside Audi; servicing only (Sales Consultants good but sales team principle doesn't appreciate the concepts of a good deal or competitive finance so no business for them!).

Not so good

Newcastle Audi and Teesside Audi (ironic because they are the same frnachise of Tyneside) avoid both on sales and servicing
Lomond Audi; servicing

Don't get me started on this......................

+1!

Crewe Audi - Lies and deceit a plenty
Stoke Audi - As above

^^ I cannot even begin to explain how bad these two are! Honestly, you wouldn't belive what they did!

Warrington Audi - Seem ok so far

Audi UK have always backed my corner however.

Last edited:
I could easily shame three sales departments and could be four if I don't even get a response soon............

+1!

Crewe Audi - Lies and deceit a plenty
Stoke Audi - As above

^^ I cannot even begin to explain how bad these two are! Honestly, you wouldn't belive what they did!

Warrington Audi - Seem ok so far

Audi UK have always backed my corner however.

i had problems with Crewe audi when buying my car from them.. Never mind their servicing department...

i have now had the car to my local audi (Blackburn) and they have been spot on... Thousend times better than Crewe...

We use Stoke Audi for the RS3 and the Audi A1.

The service has always been great and the team first class. They know there stuff and have always been helpful. They know how we look after our cars and thats been aknowledged and reciprecated when we have gone to collect them. :arco:

The RS3 came from Carlisle (where is currently is) they have also always been helpful, however on a serving basis they are too far away for us to use all the time. :racer:

The A1 came from Crewe, who offered a medocre handover when the car was new and the manager at the time was a complete moron, so they lost out. :undwech:

Have been to Shrewsbury serveral times for bits and bobs, but was always left standing round in the showroom like a complete prawn, plus I've never heard good things about them...:jester:

EDIT: Have also used Blackburn who were also superb.:applaus:

Do it because as much as most on here criticise the servicng from UK franchises, from experience I personally believe the sales teams are even worse.

What he said.......................

Do it because as much as most on here criticise the servicng from UK franchises, from experience I personally believe the sales teams are even worse.

I want to see if they resolve my current issue first, give them the opportunity at least.

My purchase was an absolute shambles. Having bought one car I was later told it was sold to someone else. Having been offered one car from a dealer another dealer offered me the same car at a lower price and another dealer told me he had one coming in and as soon as it arrived he would let me know two weeks later I was passing the dealership and there was the car for sale another 4 weeks on it is still for sale and he hasn't called me he has both my phone number and email address. Another dealer offered to get various option packs for me sorted and never came back to me again after loads of emails - I could go on. But the above relates to Crewe, Bath and Exeter I won't say which did what until I get a response from my 'current' dealer over my collection issues! Hoping servicing with Audi is better although I won't be letting them clean my car!

All sounds familiar, they are even worse with their 'Approved' cars. My question apprived by who; Stevie Wonder?

"Isn't she luverly, isn't she wonderful.........."

OK just got off the phone to my dealer and they have come up with the most pathetic and disgusting response I have ever known. Having bought many new cars in my 25 years of motoring the Audi I collected at the weekend was in the most disgraceful state for a brand new car covered in light scratches and swirl marks. As the dealer confirmed he too could see them on the day he couldn't deny they were there so their response today is that the scratches were within Audi's Acceptable Standards! This is the most expensive brand new car I have ever bought and is in the worse condition I have ever seen. To be fair when I have bought a new car in the past I have never seen a swirl mark or scratch on it this is covered in them!
STAFFORD AUDI are the worse sales dealership in the UK that includes all other manufacturers as well! I had earlier issues too and they had redeemed themselves within reason and then they blow themselves out of the water they wouldn't even meet me half way on the costs to put this right. I'll be contacting Audi tomorrow for confirmation of their 'Standards' truly appalled at that response rant over but I won't be using STAFFORD again and if I do buy another Audi I'm collecting it from Germany myself.

Sorry to hear that, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest however which is a real shame!

I'm sure I've read quite a few people on the wider forum complaining about lots of paint swirls / light scratches, especially on the darker shade cars. You think they'd get this right when they have hand over bays and make a fuss of delivery. As I've said on other threads I think it's only us few enthusiasts who care and the dealers probably think we are a pain, the majority of people don't seem to notice or care.

I know it's not the answer you want but there was also an excellent detailing thread with a brand new blue RS3 - I was surprised to see so many swirls and the finish afterwards was incredible. I know where the few light swirls are on my car and they do miraculously disappear after polishing, but my car was used I wouldn't have been happy with that from new. Good luck getting the Audi definition of acceptable standards.

If only they took the same care as the McLaren 12C paint bay!

In my experience:

York - good, excellent customer service.
Parklands - only collected my car from them but a good experience none the less.

Leeds - consistently awful. Their service department had failed to do one job right in 9 years of owning audi's. Worst was they drained the diff of my sisters A3 to change it then handed it back. Empty. Big breakdown on the M1 not long later.

I'm sure I've read quite a few people on the wider forum complaining about lots of paint swirls / light scratches, especially on the darker shade cars. You think they'd get this right when they have hand over bays and make a fuss of delivery. As I've said on other threads I think it's only us few enthusiasts who care and the dealers probably think we are a pain, the majority of people don't seem to notice or care.

I know it's not the answer you want but there was also an excellent detailing thread with a brand new blue RS3 - I was surprised to see so many swirls and the finish afterwards was incredible. I know where the few light swirls are on my car and they do miraculously disappear after polishing, but my car was used I wouldn't have been happy with that from new. Good luck getting the Audi definition of acceptable standards.

If only they took the same care as the McLaren 12C paint bay!

MBK that is my car....:eiertritt:

Jay at Miglior Detailing worked wonders to get right and as it should have been. :arco:

Can I ask how much you paid?

Your best speaking to Jay at Miglior for an exact price and also what level of detail you want carried out on your car.

I can certainly highly recommend him as his work is superb and attention to detail fantastic. :anbet:

This is the fourth car he has done for us and will probably being doing my fathers new car at the end of the month.

If you want to know more, please feel free to PM me. :beerchug:

Cheers

Wayne

Sorry to hear that PigPen but like others not surprised. the level of Audi valeters ability is on the whole shocking, fortunately Carlisle Audi's guy seems a bit of a DW enthusiast so did a good job. But PDI is no guarantee that you will get your car in a decent condition.

I would get the dealership to agree to paying the cost for you to get a professional detailer to paint correct the car. All too often dealers sell Autoglym Lifeshine on cars which masks all this or they just bung a load of SRP on which fills scratches and swirls so the paintwork looks great but isn't.

Last edited: