Audi Dealer Discounts on New A3 Sportsback?

andy203

Q5 Black Edition
Reaction score
Think I have now managed to spec the vehicle I want, what discount should be achievable on a vehicle of £35000? What have you found with your dealers when part exchanging for new vehicle?

Regards
Andy203

I only got a discount going with orange wheels so it was 8% or something. Dealers didn't want to match it. Their loss

I only got a discount going with orange wheels so it was 8% or something. Dealers didn't want to match it. Their loss
Andy what sort of fuel consumption are you getting with the 18 petrol?

Not that great :( 30mpg on my work journey 42mpg on a long journey I think

I'm currently in a diesel loan a3. I miss my petrol sooo much.

Its getting near the end of the month sales figures time I hope for 10%

Very unlikely i'm afraid, margins just aren't that great for the dealer. 8% seems the standard discount if you go through brokers, but if you just walk off the street most dealers will either offer no discount, or with a lot of haggling maybe around 5-8% if you can provide a broker quote to negotiate from.

Get some quotes from Drive The Deal and Orange Wheels and go from there.

Very unlikely i'm afraid, margins just aren't that great for the dealer. 8% seems the standard discount if you go through brokers, but if you just walk off the street most dealers will either offer no discount, or with a lot of haggling maybe around 5-8% if you can provide a broker quote to negotiate from.

Get some quotes from Drive The Deal and Orange Wheels and go from there.

I see that you have opted for the S Line but with Deselected Sports suspension, I assume that you found the ride softer and quiter when hitting the bumps? I'm trying to find a S line with deselected suspension to test as I found the S line suspension hard abrupt.

Just ordered mine today and managed 8% with free life shine and tank fuel

Fair discount. Not sure on the life shine have heard mixed reports on it.

The discount - "Q" What figure do the dealers work this from the car RRP- or the RRP less the vat, or the OTRP, or some other figure?

Discount can't apply to otr costs.

Any discount quoted should be pre vat and work through to final price when vat is added .

£22 k + Vat = 26400

10% discount

=. £22k minus 10% = £19800 + vat = 23760

Same as 26400 - 10%(2640) = 23760

Both are plus OTR

I think someone on here had got x% off pre VAt price and dealer has done deal on that basis.

10% off pre Vat price is actually 8.33%. !!!

Many thanks for that info I can now work out what I have initially been offered which the salesman said he had not ssen this much knocked off against the price of the car.

Discount can't apply to otr costs.

Any discount quoted should be pre vat and work through to final price when vat is added .

£22 k + Vat = 26400

10% discount

=. £22k minus 10% = £19800 + vat = 23760

Same as 26400 - 10%(2640) = 23760

Both are plus OTR

I think someone on here had got x% off pre VAt price and dealer has done deal on that basis.

10% off pre Vat price is actually 8.33%. !!!

Well unable to get head round it quite - went to sound local dealer out the other day - specked a car to the total of 33495 - this was not the on the road price - slaesman came back offered me 17000 on my car discount of 2697 on the new car and stated I would have to pay 13798 to get the vehicle OTR. I can see that on the basic car he has given me 10% but whats happened to the £590 reg fee/No plates/VEL/Fuel charge?
Needless to say this is not quite the vehicle I was after Looking for more spec just wanted to try and find out the Discount they were offering.

£2697 isn't 10% off a 33k car!! However you do the sums!

£2697 isn't 10% off a 33k car!! However you do the sums!

If the total is £33,495 and the discount is £2697 that is 8.05% which is the maximum most dealers are offering. On top of that would be £590 OTR costs + fuel if they are charging for it.

Glad you've got a calculator Dave.

Also glad my dealer is giving me more!

Fair discount. Not sure on the life shine have heard mixed reports on it.

I think the consensus is that Gtechniq is better... but I would definitely be happy to get the Autoglym Lifeshine kit - nice Audi branded bag with Autoglym products in it ;)

I managed 9% off OTR price through DTD in the end for my s3 - though i understand DTD have since reduced the discount available

Reactions: PilotAudi
I got in the region of 8% from a dealer, with a lot of haggling.

A few other points from this thread. I wouldn't bother with Lifeshine; get a Gtechniq treatment done by a professional detailer instead. The standard suspension on the S-line trim is sport, not S-line. I personally stuck with the sport suspension; it is firm but not uncomfortable. The 1.8T petrol is great to drive. I tend not to run mine completely to the red line, however I'd estimate in the region of 400 miles per tank if you did, maybe a bit less.

I've ran DTD on A3 S line - and you can get over 2400 off ( around 9-10%) - when I was buying mine it was around 2000 off.

I got 10.2% off I think, I did the math and pretty sure that's what it was I did have to post my invoice up as backup to prove I believe more discount could be had though getting dealers to fight against one and other

My 9% would have been lower, but they didn't charge me for panther paint :D - so worked percentage out inc that saving

10.2% is pretty amazing - well done! Is that off full otr price?

My 9% would have been lower, but they didn't charge me for panther paint :D - so worked percentage out inc that saving

10.2% is pretty amazing - well done! Is that off full otr price?

Yeah

Just trying to working out my final discount.

Do I work the discount out before adding VAT and the on the road price? Discount offered before adding VAT and the on the road price was £2083.33 which I calculate to be 9.5% discount. (Net car price before discount £21929.17) If I then had an extra £600 in my favour due to their mistake with the figures on the sales order form, the additional saving of just less than £600 means the discount achieved was approx 12%. Does that sound about right?

Cheers

Last edited:
I think there is another post on this matter. Any discount should work its way through to invoice total .

20k + 20 % vat = 24k

10 % discount

= 18k + vat = 21.6k

I.e 10% off 24k = 21.6 k. Simple really ;-)