audi dealer broke my coil over plug while doing major service no s3 until monday

ammo-mcr

Reaction score
taken my s3 in for a major 40k service and while driving to collect my car audi called saying they broke my coil over plug and part wont be in stock till monday and there willing to pay for the part but now im without my pride and joy :(

very annoyed as i need my s3 to go to a wedding on sunday and audi only offered me a minging bright red a1 courtsey car which i had to take because i needed to go home.now thinking i may need to hire another car

has this ever happened to anyone where audi damge or break something on your car ?
also shouldnt audi give a like for like car or some type of goodwill gesture ?

i hate leaving my car for more than 30 mins in a car park nevermind at dealers for the whole weekend

Chin up , they might give it a nice wash.

f96e88b7-abe8-4f2b-84d0-7c65d2a10f03_1.3b7e8a185c2cfe1a3c58f2658f750cca.jpeg

Reactions: azibux1, richinsoton, glospete and 9 others
It's really annoying, but they've admitted liability, they're paying, they've provided an alternative vehicle and it's reasonable that it could take until Monday therefore unfortunately I'd chalk it up to experience mate. There's no legal obligation for them to provide like for like replacements I'm afraid and if you hire another car it would be at your own cost. Bear in mind, yours has done 40k so like for like would be a car of the same size but also not a brand new one too.

Reactions: richinsoton and Flying Scotsman
audi called saying they broke my coil over plug and there willing to pay for the part
lol made me laugh, like you would ever pay for it! :)

As for the car, I suppose it's all they had at short notice.

Reactions: ammo-mcr and Audi Bairn

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! lol i even put a note in the car to say dont wash it but wont be suprised if they did

Reactions: Audi Bairn
It's really annoying, but they've admitted liability, they're paying, they've provided an alternative vehicle and it's reasonable that it could take until Monday therefore unfortunately I'd chalk it up to experience mate. There's no legal obligation for them to provide like for like replacements I'm afraid and if you hire another car it would be at your own cost. Bear in mind, yours has done 40k so like for like would be a car of the same size but also not a brand new one too.
true say
i also forgot to mention to audi i need auto as my ankle opperation hasnt healed so struggling to drive more than 10 mins but they did say thats all they have. will have to stick it out till monday fingers crossed

Reactions: Audi Bairn
lol made me laugh, like you would ever pay for it! :)

As for the car, I suppose it's all they had at short notice.

On the few occasions my car has gone in and they've had to unexpectedly hang onto it overnight, I've usually ended up being given some loaded A6 Avant or such like.

I think they have a policy whereby the sales guys & managers get company cars but on the understanding that they may be loaned to a customer in an emergency.

A6 is such a barge.

Reactions: richinsoton and Audi Bairn
true say
i also forgot to mention to audi i need auto as my ankle opperation hasnt healed so struggling to drive more than 10 mins but they did say thats all they have. will have to stick it out till monday fingers crossed

They have to provide something you can actually drive though. What if you only had an automatic licence?

If you're without your car as a result of their mistake then I think they should be required to provide something at least remotely similar. Maybe not an S3 but at least something of a similar size and gearbox type etc. If they can't then why shouldn't you be able to hire one and give them the bill?

Reactions: ammo-mcr
I've had a variety of courtesy cars ranging from Q7 and A7 at the top end to an A2 about 15 years ago.
I just look at it that a change is a bit of a novelty for a limited time.
But if you need an auto they should really try to provide one if you've made them aware.

I can undestand breaking things - mistakes and bad luck happen.

But what I can't understand is a main dealer not having such a common part, which is a not uncommon point of failure and covering multiple different models and engine sizes ,in stock.

Did you mean coilover plug or coil pack?
it was a coil pack but i dont see anything in the paperwork that this was changed , thank you all for your input advise and thoughts, i have had a bad experience with audi went in to pick my car to find 3 new scratches and many new swirls due to them washing car even though i told them in person and there was a sign inside car to not wash it, they said they couldn't have done any off these scratches and these things (washing cars) happen and made to feel i was lying to them , at the end of a stressful upsetting moment all they said they can get someone to try and polish them out but i refused them to even touch it again, however i was compensated for the courtsey car and inconvenience which was a nice gesture but not enough to fix and detail my whole car but still grateful for something

I can undestand breaking things - mistakes and bad luck happen.

But what I can't understand is a main dealer not having such a common part, which is a not uncommon point of failure and covering multiple different models and engine sizes ,in stock.
i was tempted to say why dont you just pull it off another s3 you have for sale but i suspect now they didnt have enough time to do my service instead they kept the car until monday as saturday was fully booked......

They have to provide something you can actually drive though. What if you only had an automatic licence?

If you're without your car as a result of their mistake then I think they should be required to provide something at least remotely similar. Maybe not an S3 but at least something of a similar size and gearbox type etc. If they can't then why shouldn't you be able to hire one and give them the bill?
your right i had to take a ****** red a1 to a wedding instead of my beautiful s3 the shame was unbearable, i should of told them i need auto but i felt intimidated plus it was end of the day i was tired and streesed as they made me travel to collect then 5 mins b4 i arrived they said i cant take my car because they broken the coil pack ,

you was right afterall :( i have always gave my car the three bucket three wash mitt wash to prevent swirls then in less than 5 mins they ****** it up

i have always gave my car the three bucket three wash mitt wash to prevent swirls then in less than 5 mins they ****** it up

Service manager should offer to walk the car with you when you drop the car off and you should have signed a disclaimer form highlighting any damage or points to note e.g do not wash. Learning point is to make sure you do this in future to avoid any further issues