Reaction score
newbie first post on this forum

was looking at getting an audi coupe

obviously an s2 is the best option

just wandering what engine sizes they come in

2.3 20v?? 2.6 and 2.8

is the 2.8 a 12v???

any help appreciated

The 2.8 is a 12v, although the last couplke of years production saw the engine change to the 30v.

Simon

I didnt realise the coupe ever had the 30v engine ?:think:

Only the last of the production, remember seeing a cabriolet with the 30v engine, sitting outside a dealers.

Mine was the standard 12v coupe, but I would have another tomorrow, keep trying to persuade the wife, its an ideal car for her.

Simon

so what year was the end of the line??

guessing they must be quite rare then?

see i'm thinking do i get a v6 or do i wait a bit and get an s2

Personnaly I would wait and get a good S2

the 2.8 is a nice motor,Ive had both the 12v and the 30v,but they are not that quick if speed is what you are after.

What they both do well is effortless motorway cruising and mid range torque is very good (acceleration from 70 upwards)

I would have thought the 30v was around the 97-99 era in the coupe.

Simon

The coupe finished production in 95 though didnt it ? with the cabriolet carrying on ?

So, Im sure that the 12v was the only V6 fitted to the coupe ?

You probably right,it must have been a cab I saw with the 30v engine.

I am knocking on a bit now and my memory isnt what it used to be, date wise.

But I can see still see that black cab sitting there now.

Simon

I hope you don't mind me jumping in on the tail of your post, but I think it's relevant.

I'm thinking of getting a 2.8 V6 Cabriolet and was wondering if it would be possible to plonk a 30v head on it with minimal fettling?

Any suggestions?
Thank you

Not that easy unfortunately, Pistons and manifolds as a minimum would need to be changed, to get the best from it it would need the injection system from the 30v. Would be easier to change the whole engine really.