Audi Corrosion Warranty help...

Englishguy

Reaction score
Hi all, can anyone tell me how many years paint corrosion warranty comes with Audi ?. I have a 2004 my A3 2.0 Fsi which has developed corrosion to the bottom of the drivers door.
Please let me know if anyone has had the same issue and or your experiance dealing with Audi on corrosion.

Thanks All..........

I think it's 12 years isn't it?

Take it to a dealer and show them, be prepared for a battle tho ....

Sounds like you have had an issue or two with corrosion claims... Thanks for the advise, I suppose i will have to go and face the maker ha ha.
:thumbsup:

I took the S3 to my local dealer (Lincoln..) the warranty chap took a few details, photos and off he went. Had a phone call two weeks later from the bodyshop saying it's ready to be booked in. Off it went for the week. (8p 1.6 A3 courtesy car.. :( ).. came back and after the initial "OMFG WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY PAINTWORK" (they valeted it...) they'd done a great job of 'the' areas in question.

The reason I say 'the' areas, is, the lower doors, tailgate (and somewhere else, I forget now..) weren't done! Only the roofrails.. Not their problem, they were a third-party shop that Audi used.. I was advised to take it back to Audi.

Upon doing so, the warranty man said that the roof was the only area that was quoted for.. A little hard to understand, as, when I first when around the car with him, I pointed all all areas that I knew of. (and he photographed them..) SO, it was a case of having to take the car back for the rest of the work! Nightmare.

SO. It's definately worth doing but A) Make sure they're happy about all of the areas you point out. and B) DO NOT let the bodyshop 'valet' the car.. PITA.

But yes, as James states, it's a 12 year warranty :)!

Hope this helps.

Hi just reading through and i think im a happy man now, i have just bought an audi a3 and the drivers side back arch has started to rust also on the roof close to the roof bars there is a big beble were the rust is coming through the paint work is this under audi warrenty so for the dealer to sort out:confused:

It all depends on the cause of the problems, and whether the car has been partially repainted at any point since new. I would suggest visiting a decent independent bodyshop in advance of seeing the dealer, in order to ask them to inspect the car and tell you whether it has been partially repainted, and what the likely cause of the problems is. Best to be armed with facts before asking dealerships for anything. :icon_thumright: