Audi Connect

ub7rm

Reaction score
I'm probably being really stupid, but I can't for life of me get my audi connect app paired up with the car. I've entered the pin online on the audi portal and agreed to all the terms and conditions and should be at the stage where I go to the car and punch in my email address and the code provided with the spare key.

This is where the trouble starts - I can't find anywhere in the audi connect part of the MMI where I would do this...

I must say it took a while to get as far as I did.

Any help?

There is no 'key user' on U.K. Audi's because they don't have the car unlock / reporting functionality.

You should be able to go into Audi connect then follow the instructions. What I did was got myAudi app installed on my phone, then once logged in etc. Goto Audi Connect Services, then click on the wireless looking icon bottom left. This gives a PIN that you use to login on the car.

You need to have your phone paired on the MMI first as it somehow 'links' to that phone. Also remember that its per key. So if you use the 'spare' key it will need Audi Connect setting up for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes its the pin on the myaudi website that needs to be entered into the car's system. You are correct, no sos means the pin on the key is redundant..

I read a bit more into it last night and came to the same conclusion. I got to the stage where I get the audi 'PIN' and so on so I can send destinations to the sat nav etc - I won't say that was straightforward but I got there.

I was then expecting to be able to go into the audi connect on the MMI and register as a 'key user' so I could lock unlock etc from the app on my phone but the menu it tells you is there, and thus the functions described in the manual, are completely absent.

Somewhat of a tease telling you something is there when it isn't.

Yep it is, especially when you know that in the USA they can even check the car's oil level from the app..

Supposedly more functionality is coming according to the salesman when I picked up my car.

On a similar note how do you use a personal wifi hotspot? Tried following the manual but I never get the network search option so cannot connect to my phone hotspot.

Supposedly more functionality is coming according to the salesman when I picked up my car.

On a similar note how do you use a personal wifi hotspot? Tried following the manual but I never get the network search option so cannot connect to my phone hotspot.

You can't on MY17. They disabled that functionality because it has a data plan built in. You can connect your phone to the cars wifi hotspot, but that will require either a purchase of an Audi data plan, or putting your own SIM in the car.

Reactions: Parklife
You can't on MY17. They disabled that functionality because it has a data plan built in. You can connect your phone to the cars wifi hotspot, but that will require either a purchase of an Audi data plan, or putting your own SIM in the car.

Thanks! Shame they didn't update the manual!!!

What about getting the 10 digit code on the trap plastic scratch off panel. I couldn't get this in anywhere. Any help appreciated chaps .got the my audi app in with pin ...also new ipod takes ages to come up. It plays bit have message up...initiating media

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Agreed @Parklife - you could complain to your Audi dealership about it, as technically it's possible to enable this in the programming (as others on here have found). YMMV depending on how good the dealership is!

@vinvinian - that code is redundant. Unless you have the SOS / Emergency buttons in your overhead console the functions requiring the key user codes are disabled on UK Audi's. Apparently this will be enabled on MY18 cars as EU legislation states that SOS / Emergency calling becomes mandatory on new vehicles.

Reactions: vinvinian
Pretty sure some of the photos of MY17 A4 and A5s I've seen on this forum have the SOS button

Agreed @Parklife - you could complain to your Audi dealership about it, as technically it's possible to enable this in the programming (as others on here have found). YMMV depending on how good the dealership
Will have to see if I can find the coding to do this

Agreed @Parklife - you could complain to your Audi dealership about it, as technically it's possible to enable this in the programming (as others on here have found). YMMV depending on how good the dealership is!

`YMMV`?

Pretty sure some of the photos of MY17 A4 and A5s I've seen on this forum have the SOS button
Not in the uk as far as I am aware, my MY17 hasn't got it. Like all manufacturers the manual is one size fits all...

'YMMV' = Your Mileage May Vary

Does anyone know the advantages of using your own SIM versus the integrated Sim for Audi Connect?

AFAIK using your own SIM the advantage is just that you can use your cars WiFi hotspot, whereas with the integrated SIM you need to sign-up for a data plan to go above and beyond the "inclusive" features.

I ask as I have the SIM from my previous car and not sure whether to use it or cancel the contract.

If you have no plans to use the Wi-fi hotspot you are best of sticking with the embedded SIM.

It has no limits on data use and covers Europe for all the car's data. Pretty much only advantage over own SIM is the Wi-Fi hotspot, or a different provider if you struggle with reception where you regularly drive - or if you don't have the Tech pack and only get 3 months of data - which then it's far better value to get your own SIM after.

Reactions: cuke2u and duckduck