Audi connect !!!!

Jcbmally

Started with nothing & still have most of it left.
Reaction score
Guys, I have had the A4 for just over a week and I'm still trying to figured out the Audi Connect. (the car is 12 x months and 1 x week old).
I set everything up via MyAudi, key user, POI, etc. No problems and everything seems to work ok.
My queries are this:
I connect my phone to Audi Connect (my BT Wi-Fi) and my daughter can connect her tablet to the car (Audi car Wi-Fi), is this normal ?
My car is already connected Wi-Fi (BT Wi-Fi Hotspot) and I get google maps etc. BUT my phone Wi-Fi is switched off, is this normal ?
Also I have the Audi app and can check the car is locked, fuel, location, warnings even though I'm NOT connected to the cars Wi-Fi. Is this normal ?
Do I have to pay a fee for the services ?

Reactions: Blakeyboy
So I have spent a few hours studying the manual and figuring out the Audi Connect. I have pretty much answered my queries (note to self, ready the manual properly in future :readit:)
Thanks to all who replied and helped me out....................:blink:

:end of discction:

Sorry, but I didn't really understand the question. Glad you managed to figure it all out though! :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally
Also I have the Audi app and can check the car is locked, fuel, location, warnings even though I'm NOT connected to the cars Wi-Fi. Is this normal ?
Do I have to pay a fee for the services ?

What did you do to set this up? I've never managed to get this to work (numerous threads on this) - assume this is the Audi MMI App? Perhaps yours is one of the MY2016 cars that had the feature enabled ? Could you show a picture of the information it displays?

I've never connected my phone to the car wifi as I'm using the built in SIM for maps etc. I might try putting my own Data Sim in and see if this makes a difference.

What did you do to set this up? I've never managed to get this to work (numerous threads on this) - assume this is the Audi MMI App? Perhaps yours is one of the MY2016 cars that had the feature enabled ? Could you show a picture of the information it displays?

I've never connected my phone to the car wifi as I'm using the built in SIM for maps etc. I might try putting my own Data Sim in and see if this makes a difference.

You have to be a "key user", you will get a code number for the app (you'll get this online via MyAudi), and you will need the master key with the big white tab. There is a code number that is under it's scratch panel that is needed to put into the MMI.
When I opened the app it asks for my cars details (vin etc) then it works.. The car is 65reg and has 2 x years left on the subscription.
Sorry if I'm being a bit vague, I'll look at it again and try and get some more info/pics.

You have to be a "key user", you will get a code number for the app (you'll get this online via MyAudi), and you will need the master key with the big white tab. There is a code number that is under it's scratch panel that is needed to put into the MMI.
When I opened the app it asks for my cars details (vin etc) then it works.. The car is 65reg and has 2 x years left on the subscription.
Sorry if I'm being a bit vague, I'll look at it again and try and get some more info/pics.

Yours is a MY16 and as such had an early build which included the additional hardware required for remote services (lock / unlock etc). MY17 cars don't have this fitted any more. Audi UK haven't been very clear on why it was suspended. There are few threads on the subject in this forum

Yours is a MY16 and as such had an early build which included the additional hardware required for remote services (lock / unlock etc). MY17 cars don't have this fitted any more. Audi UK haven't been very clear on why it was suspended. There are few threads on the subject in this forum
I'll have a look into this then. Hopefully it was not discontinued due to security issues.

I believe Audi UK claim it was fitted in error, and was only on a few early production cars. Nothing has been mentioned about security concerns so i think you're just one of the lucky few who had it fitted for free!

I believe Audi UK claim it was fitted in error, and was only on a few early production cars. Nothing has been mentioned about security concerns so i think you're just one of the lucky few who had it fitted for free!

Must be destined for the more expensive models such as the A8/Q7 ??
Well I will enjoy my free tech, not often you can get something for free from Audi (apart from the obligatory mats & flaps)

This is clearly something that is bound to the UK market only, as there is an optional Italy is called "Emergency call & Service call Audi connect" which, assistance apart can enable the features that Jcbmally was listing.
Checking fuel and locking/unlocking doors in my opinion, is something that has nothing in common with Emergency assistance...this makes me think that the above features are somewhat a "jolly" in Audi's portfolio, useful to reinforce some packages which are too "weak" to be offered at such a cost ( here 300 Euros )

A.

This is clearly something that is bound to the UK market only, as there is an optional Italy is called "Emergency call & Service call Audi connect" which, assistance apart can enable the features that Jcbmally was listing.
Checking fuel and locking/unlocking doors in my opinion, is something that has nothing in common with Emergency assistance...this makes me think that the above features are somewhat a "jolly" in Audi's portfolio, useful to reinforce some packages which are too "weak" to be offered at such a cost ( here 300 Euros )

A.
I thought all UK cars have the Emergency call and Service assist, both buttons in the overhead light switch section ???

Er...well, yeah probably, but my post was focused to the fact that the remote car features, here are ina separate package, totally unrelated..
Really in UK you do have the emergency call and services for free..? Here it is sold @ 300 €…

Er...well, yeah probably, but my post was focused to the fact that the remote car features, here are ina separate package, totally unrelated..
Really in UK you do have the emergency call and services for free..? Here it is sold @ 300 €…
Oh ok. I thought the remote feature and call services were part of the Tech pack but mjcourtney has informed me otherwise.

I thought all UK cars have the Emergency call and Service assist, both buttons in the overhead light switch section ???
Nope. Some early MY2016 cars did, but nothing since. I'm sure it'll be reintroduced soon, as a £££ option on top of the tech pack.

Although it isn't mandatory until 31st March 2018, our government objected to it of course...

Although it isn't mandatory until 31st March 2018, our government objected to it of course...
Of course, we shouldn't be dictated to by those dastardly Europeans to introduce safety features

Reactions: cuke2u