Audi Connect Setup

RG

A3'ist Becoming the A4'ist
Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently got my A4 Saloon and getting used to all the tech.

I have setup Audi Connect via the myaudi website but not sure what I need to do inside the car.

I have the iOS app also but i think I need to key something in inside the car.

Can anyone help me out or point me to some How To steps please?

Thanks,
RG

Open Audi Connect user management and add user, the phone app should have given you a PIN number so when it asks you to login select the pin method as it is a damn sight quicker than using your email address.

I can’t remember the exact sequence off the top of my head but there is a detailed explanation in the user manual although it’s pretty straightforward when you start messing with the menus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any other ideas on this? I’ve tried using my log in and Audi pin. No luck, just the same not avavaible error. Saw on another forum that turning of data switch module off... but mine is greyed out?

Are you sure you have an operating data SIM in the car, or have you paired with your phone for data?

Are you sure you have an operating data SIM in the car, or have you paired with your phone for data?

There isn’t one in the glove box module... but on MMI there’s LTE signal? And it’s asked to put in a SIM card. Should I have been provided one by Audi?

Is you car showing a data connection in the bottom left of the mmi screen? If you have your phone connected you should see 2 active data connections, with no phone connected then the car will still show the embedded sim connection.
If there is only your phone or nothing showing then the issue is that the embedded sim is not connecting to the Audi server........

Is you car showing a data connection in the bottom left of the mmi screen? If you have your phone connected you should see 2 active data connections, with no phone connected then the car will still show the embedded sim connection.
If there is only your phone or nothing showing then the issue is that the embedded sim is not connecting to the Audi server........

Yes there’s embedded SIM card signal. I’ve just gone in without my phone. Thanks for the information. Maybe I’ll try agian tomorrow :)

Then I would look to reset the data module and then retry logging in, normally if it’s greyed out then you need to switch the car off and then back on.
Then when you switch the module off it will stay greyed out until you restart the car which will then allow you to restart the module (that’s how it was for me anyway).......

Reactions: SRB93
Don’t you have to phone Audi to have the embedded sim activated?

Don’t you have to phone Audi to have the embedded sim activated?

I was under the impression that the sim is automatically registered with Audi when it is fitted in the car and then activated based upon your selected option i.e 3 months or 3 years.

It is possible to check the licence duration from the car.......

Hi so I have paired my phone ok with the pin number. The license has expired but it doesn't offer me the option to add my 10 digit key code on the mmi where it should be the connect management screen says something like search for user, even though the app says I need to complete my set up. I just wanted to view the service history of the car via myaudi app. Is this possible?