Audi Connect now £££££

L_G

Reaction score
Just been on the MyAudi website on the off chance that the new maps were available. (Still showing 20/21)

I see that the on line 'shop' is now offering Audi connect services at about £200 per year! :blink:

Around £150 for the on line stuff to the car and another £50 for the remote connectivity to the app.

Will try an email to 'digital services' to see if that can be circumvented....

I emailed them last week and they extended mine for a further year (had one already) without charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I emailed them last week and they extended mine for a further year (had one already) without charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd been holding off due to reports here that renewing the licensed 'nixed' the google maps overlay feature ahead of time.

Edit - Have bitten the bullet and sent off the request via email.

Last edited:
I'd been holding off due to reports here that renewing the licensed 'nixed' the google maps overlay feature ahead of time.

Edit - Have bitten the bullet and sent off the request via email.
Let us know of the outcome!

Let us know of the outcome!

Not good news, this arrived yesterday evening.

Dear Mr. L_G,

We hope this email finds you well.

You can renew your Audi connect licenses by visiting the Functions on Demand shop that is in your myAudi application. Please go to your myAudi app, scroll down to where you see the Functions on Demand section and tap to visit the shop. There, you will be able to review your options and renew your Audi connect licenses.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance you may need. We are available 24/7 and can be reached either by calling 0800-2792884, or by contacting this email.

We wish you safe journeys with your Audi

How much consideration I give this will depend on whether the update for the 'legacy' service for google earth images works for my car as the only other aspect I use is the online traffic as 'TMC Pro' is pretty rubbish.

The other features such as petrol prices or flight times haven't been particularly helpful the few times I have tried to use them

On the 26th November: (Seems a bit of a mess then !!) I now suspect I will get the same message as @L_G !!

Upload 2020 12 3 8 59 45

On the 26th November: (Seems a bit of a mess then !!) I now suspect I will get the same message as @L_G !!

View attachment 212924

I think the change over was on 1 December, so you should be OK.

Half tempted to reply saying my understanding was the first year was free of charge but I doubt it help.

Would have been nice if they included map updates in the fee.

Just over £20/month for that service is absolutely insane.
When mine comes to renewing I might grudgingly pay £50 for the remote services, as I do use them, but the everything else I just use Android Auto anyway.
Wonder if they make more money off this stuff than selling cars, as it does put me off buying another Audi somewhat.

Not good news, this arrived yesterday evening.

Dear Mr. L_G,

We hope this email finds you well.

You can renew your Audi connect licenses by visiting the Functions on Demand shop that is in your myAudi application. Please go to your myAudi app, scroll down to where you see the Functions on Demand section and tap to visit the shop. There, you will be able to review your options and renew your Audi connect licenses.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance you may need. We are available 24/7 and can be reached either by calling 0800-2792884, or by contacting this email.

We wish you safe journeys with your Audi

How much consideration I give this will depend on whether the update for the 'legacy' service for google earth images works for my car as the only other aspect I use is the online traffic as 'TMC Pro' is pretty rubbish.

The other features such as petrol prices or flight times haven't been particularly helpful the few times I have tried to use them
The 'Functions on Demand' doesn't work within My Audi, perhaps because I had a free update to 2021...

The 'Functions on Demand' doesn't work within My Audi, perhaps because I had a free update to 2021...

The most likely explanation.

In advance of the car's third birthday I had sorted out the 'Audi' AA cover and extended warranty last week but had held off asking for the licence extension as members had reported that doing so disabled the google earth overlay. A costly mistake!

Interesting - BMW run the same sort of model. Pay a subscription for connected features and its the same sort of money. BMW also allow you to do over the air updates like adding high beam assist for a fee (hardware already installed).

I have asked them to reconsider, doubtful that they will change their minds but I thought it worth try.

Would be more inclined to pay up if the licence included the on line map updates

The most likely explanation.

In advance of the car's third birthday I had sorted out the 'Audi' AA cover and extended warranty last week but had held off asking for the licence extension as members had reported that doing so disabled the google earth overlay. A costly mistake!
Sorry to here that. I had always understood it that charges were always going to happen at some point when Audi sorted out the system...

These paid features will be widespread in new Audi models from next year (2022MY).

Regardless of the spec you buy it, you will receive a top of the range specification car. The features you spec'd will the the ones you can use. You will then have the option to 'unlock' and fully try / use these features, free of charge, for 30 days. If you like them, you can option to subscribe to them for a month, year, duration of your contract at a time. For example you may want heated stealing wheel. Or you may want memory seats. A Bose sound system, sure - subscribe and use.

The aim is to build one spec car with a financial model of making money throughout the car's life. If you don't want a Bose sound system from new, the next owner might.

All this will be accessible via the app and MMI. The website already supports this

These paid features will be widespread in new Audi models from next year (2022MY).

Regardless of the spec you buy it, you will receive a top of the range specification car. The features you spec'd will the the ones you can use. You will then have the option to 'unlock' and fully try / use these features, free of charge, for 30 days. If you like them, you can option to subscribe to them for a month, year, duration of your contract at a time. For example you may want heated stealing wheel. Or you may want memory seats. A Bose sound system, sure - subscribe and use.

The aim is to build one spec car with a financial model of making money throughout the car's life. If you don't want a Bose sound system from new, the next owner might.

All this will be accessible via the app and MMI. The website already supports this

With the sound system guessing it'll be a way of enabling additional speakers and a sub. You can already pay Audi to enable traffic sign recognition on your vehicle, £700 if I remember correctly. But there's third party ways of doing it for under £200.
It's amazing how much I've been able to enable on my car such as lane assist, auto high beam, traffic sign recogition, etc.

With the sound system guessing it'll be a way of enabling additional speakers and a sub. You can already pay Audi to enable traffic sign recognition on your vehicle, £700 if I remember correctly. But there's third party ways of doing it for under £200.
It's amazing how much I've been able to enable on my car such as lane assist, auto high beam, traffic sign recogition, etc.

Yep, yep and yep!

On those other features, did you long code it? Expensive to get sorted? I've OBDeleven and Carista but for app mods than long codes!