Audi Connect logout issue

oli356

Reaction score
Just wanted to document my experience with Audi Connect on my PFL S3 with the tech pack.

So the problem is, you login to Connect with the 8 digit pin and then can access your saved destinations etc etc.
Turn the car off. Get back in 30 mins later and you will have been logged out. Bizarre.

I asked the dealer about this, they weren't sure and spent a few weeks thinking about it but said it doesn't right sound.
Raised a case with Audi UK who weren't sure either. Car went into Audi servicing for diagnostics, the technician had to understand the problem first and wasn't sure of the expected behavior.
He sends reports back to Audi UK and a few weeks later my car is back in for further diagnostic.

So, I've been told that this is basically expected behavior. There seems to be some correlation between the bluetooth profile and Audi Connect for security purposes. 95% of the time my phone doesn't have BT on, so quite often I would sign into Connect with Bluetooth on (or off), but then the next time I get in the car BT would be off and hence it doesn't keep me logged in..

So I paired BT, logged into Audi Connect and when I check the car later, with BT enabled, in theory it should still be logged in. It seems pathetic behavior but oh well and I guess if you didn't use BT then tough and you have to login every time.

It has taken 3 months to figure this out.....on a side note, Audi UK I thought were dreadful for customer service. On many occasions I was promised a call back and never got it. I asked to speak to a manager as I wanted my case to be re-routed to a different customer service manager. I got told I would receive a call from the manager. Later that day I have a call from the lady assigned to the case going "I hear you don't want to speak to me!?" ... sigh.

Last edited: