Facelift Audi Connect Licence Period

mistac

Reaction score
Folks - when I got my A3 a few days ago the licence period was shown as expiring on 20.9.17 (I had already mentioned this in my post in the pictures of your car section as below so I know it was correct then!

"My connect licence says expires Sep17 - so looks like it is for 1 year but dealer was not sure as they says these things seem to frequently change!"

However, I checked again today and for some reason the licence expiry on all bits has changed to 20.12.16 (which is the 3 month expiry as originally expected) - has anyone else had their licence end date change soon after taking ownership??

I was told on the phone when I renewed mine (63 plate) that they were renewing them for free at the moment because there's no subscription / payment system in place, but that is the intention. No idea what the pricing will be though.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Where is it you can check the expiry date? In the MMI or on the Audi Connect website?

I was told on the phone when I renewed mine (63 plate) that they were renewing them for free at the moment because there's no subscription / payment system in place, but that is the intention. No idea what the pricing will be though.

Yeah, this ties in with what our dealer told us.
He reckoned Audi hadn't fully worked out what to do or what to charge therefore we might get more than 3 months until they do. Here's hoping they take their time.

Where is it you can check the expiry date? In the MMI or on the Audi Connect website?

On the MMI. Go Audi Connect then into the sub menu on the right and then it will tell you the licenses.
There is a thread on the A4 B9 Sub, people are using Audi UK Live chat to get a free 12 month extension.

On the MMI. Go Audi Connect then into the sub menu on the right and then it will tell you the licenses.
There is a thread on the A4 B9 Sub, people are using Audi UK Live chat to get a free 12 month extension.
Thanks - however, I did have 12 months (temporarily) from the pick up point earlier this week, so I would be interested if other FL owners have had theirs downgraded soon after delivery?

Morning all. I checked mine last night and it's showing 23.07.2017. Looks like i have best part of 12 months. I've had my FL since 25th July so you'd assume the expiry date showing should be as is by now.
I've been asking the dealer for the last week or so about costs to extend the period but they don't seem to know much.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

My connect licence period has already been extended from the original 3 months to an extra 1 year - so 15 months so far - has anyone managed to get it extended again free of charge?

My connect licence period has already been extended from the original 3 months to an extra 1 year - so 15 months so far - has anyone managed to get it extended again free of charge?

How did you go about getting this extended, is there a number to ring for this. Can you share how you did it?

@Datastorm - Just ring Audi Customer care and explain to them. They will reactivate it for another year, takes a few days to sort but you don't have to do anything else. Once they have activated it a message is sent to the car.

Number is 0800699888

My PFL came with a 3 year Connect licence. As it was due to expire recently I contacted Audi CS and after a couple of weeks delay they confirmed that it has been extended by a further 12 months. But no-one can tell me what happens after that!
And on a separate but related subject the Google Earth overlay is still active so here’s hoping. It seems that Audi Germany haven’t canned it yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Audi Connect licence’s 12 month extension is due to run out in 2 weeks time and the saleswoman at the dealer said she should be able to get it extended for another 12 months for me.

When I phoned Audi Customer Care a few weeks ago they extended mine for 12 months and said there was no system in place yet for users to pay for any extension so they were giving it for free.

Reactions: glospete
Since I lost my connect after the first 3 months......Just got mine updated for 12 months foc.

Simple few minutes on Audi live chat. Will also text me when confirmed from Audi connect licensing team. Wouldn’t do 18 or 24 months but better than nothing.

Attachments

• 76558DE6-CB8F-42A7-9265-FDEE43687830.jpeg
    76558DE6-CB8F-42A7-9265-FDEE43687830.jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
I called them today to get it extended and they said they would, until I told them that my 3 month trial still had just under 2 months left.

I was advised to call back when the trial is about to expire. I asked whether they'd still honour the free 1 year but she wouldn't commit, saying that it depends on whether Audi have sorted the subscription payment situation out.

It'll be just my luck that between now and when my free trial expires they'd have sorted it.

Just got mine extended until September 2018. Happy days.

Reactions: josul
i followed your reccomendations. Mine was expired since Apr 17 and i bought the car in august. They will be giving me a free 12 months subscription in a couple of days time after contacting Audi live chat

Same here.
My 3 month trial ran out last December and I phoned them to get it extended for 12 months. Those 12 months are just about to expire, so after a quick live chat with a very helpful guy at customer services, it's been extended for another 12 months.

Non Tech pack cars get it for 3 months

Tech pack gets get it for 3 years.

However at the moment Audi will extend it for you. If you contact you local Audi centre they can email audi connect and get them to extend it for a year.

The reason why the “free” (at the moment) subscription is because there are so many third party services being used to provide the useful services that if they start to charge then the cost needs to be passed on to the user. A few examples the approx 50mb data per month, live traffic, google maps, airport train information, news feeds. . . . . .

Hope this helps

Non Tech pack cars get it for 3 months

Tech pack gets get it for 3 years.

However at the moment Audi will extend it for you. If you contact you local Audi centre they can email audi connect and get them to extend it for a year.

The reason why the “free” (at the moment) subscription is because there are so many third party services being used to provide the useful services that if they start to charge then the cost needs to be passed on to the user. A few examples the approx 50mb data per month, live traffic, google maps, airport train information, news feeds. . . . . .

Hope this helps
Yeah that's what they told me when I got the A5, 3 months but she can contact them and extend it to a year. TBH I'm not bothered, I had a play with it when I first got the car and haven't touched it since!

Thanks for the heads up did the live chat earlier and got it sorted for free
Said it wouldn't be activated till jan 15th not that I'm complaining for free

So.. Who would actually pay for Audi connect? At least on my S3 it can do so little that I doubt I would pay.

I've sent some sat nav destinations down from Google maps and added POIs but think that is it... I think in some of the other Audis there is more to do with connect but in the A3, not so much..

Spoke to Audi though Live Web chat this week about extending my license for me, no problems again. This is the second time they have given me an extra 12 months on the license for free now.

Reactions: S32B
Spoke to Audi though Live Web chat this week about extending my license for me, no problems again. This is the second time they have given me an extra 12 months on the license for free now.
Second lot of 12 months on the same car?

Can you give me a link to the site you renewed on please? Mine is due to end this month after the 3 month trial.

EDIT* On live chat now :)

EDIT 2* All sorted, it can take up to 7 days to activate, but another 12 months for free :) Checked on the car before I contacted them and it runs out today! The expire warning was off.

Last edited:
Second lot of 12 months on the same car?

Can you give me a link to the site you renewed on please? Mine is due to end this month after the 3 month trial.

In 14 months. 3 months free trial to start, then 12 month extension. Now another 12 month extension just about to start. Minus a month because I renewed a couple of weeks before the end date each time.

I literally just spoke to them on the audi.co.uk website -https://www.audi.co.uk/about-audi/contact-us.html

Only had to give them my number plate, and explain I was getting a license is about to expire message.

I am also on my second 12 month extension!

In 14 months. 3 months free trial to start, then 12 month extension. Now another 12 month extension just about to start. Minus a month because I renewed a couple of weeks before the end date each time.

I literally just spoke to them on the audi.co.uk website -https://www.audi.co.uk/about-audi/contact-us.html

Only had to give them my number plate, and explain I was getting a license is about to expire message.

I am also on my second 12 month extension!

I wonder if it's because if people have to pay for it they don't bother, then when they sell the car on the connect obviously isn't working for the next owner and Audi think it makes them look bad?!?!!? so they give it away for free!!!

How much should it be for 12 months anyway?

Remembered about this on the way home from work this morning, checked the licence and voila :)

Free for a year ;)

Free