Audi connect Licence expired...

blackb9er

Reaction score
Jumped into the car today and was greeted with a message on the MMI saying my Audi connect trial has expired

Google maps is awesome and i rely on the traffic info so would rather not be without it

Does anybody here pay for it? If so how much does it cost?

If you can't get the licence extended by audi uk, as others have done, you'd be better off purchasing a data sim card...

Reactions: Ioan Furdui
Sorry a few dumb questions:

1) Once the 3 month Connect trial expires on my MY18 (yet to be delivered), can I continue using Connect by tethering it via wifi to my iphone in-car? I have plenty of data (30GB) each month on my EE 4G sim only plan so don't mind using up data this way. I won't have any tech pack, just a standard black edition trim.

2) Do you get a better 3G/4G signal by using the embedded sim in the car (versus tethering) as I presume that uses the cars external antennas? W

3) What network does the embedded sim use?

Cheers

Hi,
1) You should be able to get this extended.
2) Only uses the embedded sim for data, not text, email or voice calls. If you've the phone box as it then allows the phone to use the external aerial.
3) Cubic Telecom, http://www.cubictelecom.com/Projects/Audi which I think uses the EE network.

Reactions: psychopomp1
Jumped into the car today and was greeted with a message on the MMI saying my Audi connect trial has expired

Google maps is awesome and i rely on the traffic info so would rather not be without it

Does anybody here pay for it? If so how much does it cost?
Mine did this a few weeks ago. I just emailed the dealer to ask how to extend it and the following day it was back. As others here have found, they don't charge for it.

Reactions: blackb9er
My Audi Connect expired last week. I tried emailing Audi, calling my local branch and the branch I leased the car from. All were hopeless.

Just tried the live chat this morning and it will be extended for 12 months. Should be activated within next 48 hours.

My Audi Connect expired last week. I tried emailing Audi, calling my local branch and the branch I leased the car from. All were hopeless.

Just tried the live chat this morning and it will be extended for 12 months. Should be activated within next 48 hours.

I'm having the same issues. Where did you access the live chat?

I had the same issue with my A6. The problem is they extended the Connect licence but the A6 has a separate licence for the text message dictation (Not sure about the A4 is I'm ordering on Saturday!) and they didn' extent that licence and it took 3 months to sort out!

I'm having the same issues. Where did you access the live chat?

If you are on Twitter direct message @Audiukcare they ask for VIN no. and some other details and extend licence for further 12 months. Done it this way twice now with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont use twitter and I couldn't find the live chat so I phoned Audi customer services on 0800 699 888 (dont pick any options just wait and you'll be connected to an advisor)

The man I spoke to said Audi haven't got any pricing in place for Audi connect yet so they're offering everyone a 1 year extension for free. He took some details down and said the requests go directly to the headquarters in Germany and they reactivate it there, it'll take up to 5 working days to reconnect (I dont need to do anything on my end)

Hopefully that's all there is to it.

Reactions: BarryG79
I’ll also add that their online chat extended mine. It won’t expire for another 2 months so I thought I’d ask early before they stop doing it for free. Chap I spoke to didn’t care that it hadn’t yet expired and just extended it for the rest of the year. I’ve had no notification that it’s been completed so I’ll just have to wait and see. All he wanted was my Reg number

Reactions: blackb9er