Audi Connect Key ?

kmanmx

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of this ? I've hardly seen it anywhere. Basically you pair your smartphone to the car somehow, and you can use your phone to unlock the car by holding it against the doorhandle, and can start the car by putting your smartphone in the Audi phone box. I've googled it and can't find any info really other than the description of it on the Audi site.

The reason I ask is my car has yet to arrive, but I grabbed my VIN off the tracker, and am going through the Audi Connect setup on the website. But at the end of the setup, it says this:

Verification of your data
It is necessary to check that your personal data is correct for security reasons. Verification is designed to ensure that you have personally completed the key user agreement. To do this, please select one of the available verification methods.

Depending on the selected verification method, you will then receive an mTAN or you will need to visit your Audi partner.

Please note that you may require an internet or mobile network connection, depending on the verification method.

NOTE: To use the Audi connect key service, select verification at dealership.

Has anyone been through this process of setting up Audi connect, and if so did you complete the setup at the dealership, and did the dealer setup your phone as an 'Audi connect key' as per below ? I want to complete the Audi Connect setup online ready for when I get the car, but I can't do that if I need to complete the setup at the dealer to use my smartphone as the key. The other options to complete setup are to get emailed an mTAN code over phone or email, but I don't want to do this if I can't use the connect key service!

Upload 2018 4 3 13 6 16

You will need the code that comes with the second key for the car.

Prior to delivery I was able to set up the PIN for Audi connect and input destination on myaudi but wasn't able to activate addition functions such as locking and unlocking

Not tried to lock/unlock the car by putting my phone to the handle but I can lock/unlock it remotely with my phone via the my audi app. You need to complete the set up at the dealers as when you register for this part of the service the dealer has to verify you as the bona fide user/owner of the vehicle on their system. Took a wee bit of time to get it all up and running but it is pretty neat being able to check its locked etc. Within the app if you want to lock or unlock the car it asks for a 4 digit pin that you set at the start and off it goes and does its thing. The vehicle locater seems to be pretty spot on too and I live in the middle of nowhere.

Make sure you get someone at the dealers who knows what they are taking about and which order to do stuff in.

If your phone has NFC, that’s the first point. Fine for latest generation . Iphone 7 / S7 or later etc,.. this is totally different to unlocking / locking via the app which uses the cellular network.

Nothing in the A4 owners manual about this, so it’s probably not enabled. You would need NFC reader in the door handle, suspects it’s not there on B9.
Security is another factor , someone nicks your phone , have they got your car too ?

Hi, did anyone ever suss this out? I’ve just picked up my A4 S-line, but I’m not even sure that mine has this functionality?

I don’t have a tech pack or phone box, but as said above, I’d hate to not select dealer and miss out on this (assuming it works with an iPhone X).

Thanks.
Stewart

I am also looking for more info about connect key.a6. C8. Tech pack and phone is well seems not very many phone compatible.i have tried 3 new phone app say not compatible.u can check my Audi go at bottom and right icon click and click on service.on top u can see this connect key

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I am also looking for more info about connect key.a6. C8. Tech pack and phone is well seems not very many phone compatible.i have tried 3 new phone app say not compatible.u can check my Audi go at bottom and right icon click and click on service.on top u can see this connect key

Try page 46 of the owners manual. What make/model phone are you using?

Try page 46 of the owners manual. What make/model phone are you using?
I'm guessing it's a Huawei P20 by the ANE-LX1 reference?
May be worth posting this in the A6 C8 forum, where it may get some fellow owners opinions @glasgow1

Make sure you activate NFC on your phone first, or it will incorrectly return not compatible. I did this now on my samsung s8 and it worked once I switched NFC on.

Reactions: glasgow1
Just tested and it works for me. Of dubious use though.

Make sure you activate NFC on your phone first, or it will incorrectly return not compatible. I did this now on my samsung s8 and it worked once I switched NFC on.
May I ask what model your car.as mine is a6 c8

hi. i am now using samsung s8 and app says my phone is compatible now. i went to connect key and they checked compatibility, i pressed confirm and the same message keeps coming up again and again. what is next step how do i know its connected... do i need to open a certain page when i go to car or am i supposed to receive a message or what? how does my door open itself, maybe the car is not compatible? please enlighten me as im confused. thanks

hi. i am now using samsung s8 and app says my phone is compatible now. i went to connect key and they checked compatibility, i pressed confirm and the same message keeps coming up again and again. what is next step how do i know its connected... do i need to open a certain page when i go to car or am i supposed to receive a message or what? how does my door open itself, maybe the car is not compatible? please enlighten me as im confused. thanks

Actually that is it. The app already is connected to your car. Now you have linked your phone to the app, the phone is consequently linked to the car.

Just take your phone and hold it next to the door handle and see if it locks /unlocks your car. That will tell you if it's working.

No it does not even open door .well thanks for your help .my be my car not comfortable.

No it does not even open door .well thanks for your help .my be my car not comfortable.

That's disappointing, I'm due to pick up my A6 C8 on Wednesday and have a Samsung S9+ so it doesn't look promising.
It definitely mentions this function in the user manual. It may be the fact that Google pulled the NFC functionality as stated by @cosmicblue

Or may be option extra.
Mine is only 40 TDI sport with tech pack .if your is slime it could be different.please let us know how I get on with your and good luck.and enjoy .I moved from 5 series .I still like both cars.

Or may be option extra.
Mine is only 40 TDI sport with tech pack .if your is slime it could be different.please let us know how I get on with your and good luck.and enjoy .I moved from 5 series .I still like both cars.

Thanks.
I've read the section in the user manual again, page 46 I think. It says as well as entering the key ID into the MMI, to make sure that the key is created in the app and the function to allow remote keys is enabled in the MMI. It may be worth you checking this out.
40 TDi S-line tech pack here- I can't wait! I'll let you know how I get on with it.

I will try in the morning.thanks

At the top of the section on page 46 for "Audi Connect Key", it says "Applies to vehicles with Audi Connect Key". So firstly, it might be that it is only with certain options. Next, it says that a "Key User" must have been set. I am setup as the "Key User". I have also been through the compatibility test in the MyAudi app which says my phone is compatible.
The instructions say, in car go to CAR > Settings & Service > Audi connect Key > Call up security code.
When I go to CAR > Settings & Service, I don't have an "Audi Connect Key" section/option, so I simply can't progress any further.
I haven't bothered calling the dealer because at the handover, I knew more about the car than the guy who was doing the hand over! After asking him some questions that he simply didn't know the answer to, I just gave up and drove home. However maybe I should call them tomorrow and see if their "post sales" team can help.

Reactions: DaveW
Thanks.
I've read the section in the user manual again, page 46 I think. It says as well as entering the key ID into the MMI, to make sure that the key is created in the app and the function to allow remote keys is enabled in the MMI. It may be worth you checking this out.
40 TDi S-line tech pack here- I can't wait! I'll let you know how I get on with it.
I have the convenience key, so the lack of this feature may be less important for me as I rarely have need to have physical access to the key to enter the car. However I can't find any function or setting in the MMI that relates to "enabling remote keys". The only option I did see was a specific "enable convenience key", which presumably enables/disables the keyless entry.
When you pick up your car from the dealer, this is something you can perhaps specifically ask them to explain and/or setup for you while you are there. Maybe your handover will be better than mine...

Good suggestion.please let us know how you get on.

At the top of the section on page 46 for "Audi Connect Key", it says "Applies to vehicles with Audi Connect Key". So firstly, it might be that it is only with certain options. Next, it says that a "Key User" must have been set. I am setup as the "Key User". I have also been through the compatibility test in the MyAudi app which says my phone is compatible.
The instructions say, in car go to CAR > Settings & Service > Audi connect Key > Call up security code.
When I go to CAR > Settings & Service, I don't have an "Audi Connect Key" section/option, so I simply can't progress any further.
I haven't bothered calling the dealer because at the handover, I knew more about the car than the guy who was doing the hand over! After asking him some questions that he simply didn't know the answer to, I just gave up and drove home. However maybe I should call them tomorrow and see if their "post sales" team can help.
You won't have the Connect Key if you don 't have SOS, as mine doesn't also....

Sorry, somewhat hijacking the A4 threads; I'm referring to the new A6 which does have the SOS feature (as standard I think).

Thanks for the details, I had seen that as well when originally trying to configure this. Unfortunately this is where google becomes less able to pick out specific terms. We have:
Audi connect
Key User
Audi Connect Key
The above article is around setting up the "Key User" within "Audi connect" (which, incidentally is different in the A6 as the menu/settings are not the same). The problem is, I think you need to be setup as the "Key User", before you can activate or enable the "Audi Connect Key". But trying to find the information about just the "Audi Connect Key" becomes difficult using google because all it finds is details around "Audi Connect" and "Key User"...

In the AudiWorld thread it is stated the dealership set you up as the key user. Unfortunately I can't find an online A6 owners manual, only for the previous model. But if the MMI menu structure is different then you'll have to address the A6 crowd I'm afraid...

Yes, and unfortunately there aren't too many of us with the A6 C8 over there just yet...

Setting up the key user isn't an issue, that is, not for a new car. The new key is attached to a tag with a 10 digit code. You enter the code into the car and then it allows you to set yourself up as the key user. Once configured, you can log into the my.audi.com in a browser and there are many more options available, and you can set other users up as the key user.

Dunno if you chaps have already done this bit:

I think this is for owners in the US. The UI I have is presented differently, but in both the online version and within the app I can download and view the key user agreement that was setup when configuring the key user. Clearly in my case, being setup as the key user is fine, and is not the bit that is preventing me from configure the connect key.

Yes I can use My Audi app and all functions.but only using mobile phone to lock unlock but also to start car up without key.

As I am getting this message "
Enable required
To experience the full range of myAudi features, save your Audi partner and ask your partner to set you up as the key user". When I try to view my digital service record another Audi-sport member suggested this "If you get a message about needing to be enabled (as I did first time) you need to go to your registered Audi dealer and get them to authorise you as the owner of the car using the Go Audi system they have access to".
Maybe you all need to do the same?

Reactions: DaveW
Silly question, does MyAudi app need to be running for the NFC unlock to work?

Enable required
To experience the full range of myAudi features, save your Audi partner and ask your partner to set you up as the key user". When I try to view my digital service record another Audi-sport member suggested this "If you get a message about needing to be enabled (as I did first time) you need to go to your registered Audi dealer and get them to authorise you as the owner of the car using the Go Audi system they have access to".
This could be a big find!

Enable required
This is only if you can't find the original code/tag on the keys when buying the vehicle from new (or maybe wasn't given it by the dealer), or have bought the car second hand. I had this exact message with my A4, and since I no longer had the tag I didn't bother contacting the dealer as the car was being sold.