Audi Connect has expired. Renewal question

ive got Audi Connect but find the Waze app is more accurate in terms of trip times etc and therefore use this instead of the mmi nov system. Also shows speed camera locations and is free to use

What’s the general consensus with the externally placed SIM card slot?

Does it provide anything other than a WiFi hotspot?

I assume Audi charge for connection to Connect regardless of which SIM card you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I understand if you have a data sim card it can be used for connect..

As far as I understand if you have a data sim card it can be used for connect..

But is Connect free to ‘connect’ to on your own SIM card? Or is that part of the £14.50/month…

I would think not but I wonder if you know.

Thanks for the response. Seems I might have to try and see what happens.

I’ll report back!

Doesn’t work. Audi Connect wants a valid license to access. Didn’t expect anything less so this is an FYI.

Reactions: cuke2u
Hi

I have had my A4 for a little over two years now and was given Audi Connect for this duration. The only thing I really use and have noticed has now gone is google maps, I never checked weather or anything in the car.

Has anyone managed to get Audi to extend or do I now have to buy a sim card? If so any suggestions?

I'm assuming the Audi app will still work as normal. So I can still locate car, unlock remotely etc.

Many thanks
Ryan
As anyone tried to do this recently by contacting the email address on here ?

Don't know if this is the right thread but I will try anyway. I bought '19 A8 last week and Audi Connect and Navigation plus have both expired. I downloaded the app added my car and went to on demand, ordered the new licence but it throws up an "unexpected error and contact customer service" when I use any of the three payment options. Contacted customer service and told me the usual delete app and reinstall. Used phone app and desktop, no change. Went to the dealer, very helpful, registered me as key user but couldn't sort the issue. They even tried different locations on desktop, no go, same error.
Any one else throw some light on it please?
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_2025.jpeg
    IMG_2025.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 137
Reactions: rjwojcik
TMC service is no longer broadcast
Sorry I disagree! Guessing this is simply another case of Audi discontinuing their own support, losing the licence like they did with official support for Google Maps..... I subscribe to the online traffic still with Audi connect in my Audi A4. I renewed this last week, and did have the same app issues, I logged a ticket to Audi digital services, and they advised they were having maintance on the app and it would be back soon. I tried later that day and did manage to renew fine and it's back working again

My other car is a summer toy I purchased last year though is a 2010 Mercedes SLK 350, The built in Sat Nav is pre-historic but does the job for days out. It has Traffic TMC and it still works perfectly! Obviously as a system it feels pretty dated to what we are used to now with online updates. as it's always slightly behind. but as a general guidance there are traffic issues in the area it still works fine. It was still showing traffic around me, and reading out aloud messages of accidents nearby etc, and I was only driving it yesterday last.

Sorry I disagree! Guessing this is simply another case of Audi discontinuing their own support, losing the licence like they did with official support for Google Maps..... I subscribe to the online traffic still with Audi connect in my Audi A4. I renewed this last week, and did have the same app issues, I logged a ticket to Audi digital services, and they advised they were having maintance on the app and it would be back soon. I tried later that day and did manage to renew fine and it's back working again

My other car is a summer toy I purchased last year though is a 2010 Mercedes SLK 350, The built in Sat Nav is pre-historic but does the job for days out. It has Traffic TMC and it still works perfectly! Obviously as a system it feels pretty dated to what we are used to now with online updates. as it's always slightly behind. but as a general guidance there are traffic issues in the area it still works fine. It was still showing traffic around me, and reading out aloud messages of accidents nearby etc, and I was only driving it yesterday last.
Posted the official Audi TPI above. Glad it still seems to be working for you. Isn’t for a lot of the cars I have had in the past couple of weeks.

Yeah not doubting it's gone in Audis. I noticed before renewing my connect licence on my 2016 A4 it had gone also.

But still works fine on other brands seemingly. I wonder if its just specific to Audi not maintaining the tech like they did with Google maps and hiding behind spurious reasons

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

*EDIT TO BELOW* Appears Trafficmaster has indeed stopped broadcasting traffic info, but INRIX continues. So the Merc quoted above probably uses INRIX and VAG use(d) Trafficmaster, so no VAG car will get TMC for the foreseeable.... https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answer/181704/what-has-happened-to-tmc-traffic-updates-

If TMC is still working for some, and you have no intention of paying for "connect" services, maybe try and switch the data module off so they can't hobble it remotely? I can guarantee you that data is still flowing back and forth to the mothership after the connect license has expired. Not having TMC could be a ploy to get more subs out of us, that's just the cynic in me talking though..... It's annoyed me so much I've started using Waze for traffic now, bit of a faff but, up yours Audi, won't be treating myself to the odd month of data when I've got a long journey coming up any more.

Last edited:
*EDIT TO BELOW* Appears Trafficmaster has indeed stopped broadcasting traffic info, but INRIX continues. So the Merc quoted above probably uses INRIX and VAG use(d) Trafficmaster, so no VAG car will get TMC for the foreseeable.... https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answer/181704/what-has-happened-to-tmc-traffic-updates-

If TMC is still working for some, and you have no intention of paying for "connect" services, maybe try and switch the data module off so they can't hobble it remotely? I can guarantee you that data is still flowing back and forth to the mothership after the connect license has expired. Not having TMC could be a ploy to get more subs out of us, that's just the cynic in me talking though..... It's annoyed me so much I've started using Waze for traffic now, bit of a faff but, up yours Audi, won't be treating myself to the odd month of data when I've got a long journey coming up any more.
On the TT Forum there is a specific thread covering this. Changing the factory setting from 32783 to 32782 for Fee Based Traffic information in the 5F module MIB adaptations restores the traffic messages. Updated my TTS yesterday and the traffic messages returned after resetting the MIB. The car does not have Audi connect either

Reactions: BigAardvaark
On the TT Forum there is a specific thread covering this. Changing the factory setting from 32783 to 32782 for Fee Based Traffic information in the 5F module MIB adaptations restores the traffic messages. Updated my TTS yesterday and the traffic messages returned after resetting the MIB. The car does not have Audi connect either
The new code is prolly for INRIX. Good to know. Am gonna test now actually.

Before:

IMG 3675

After:

IMG 3683

Nice Find!

Now I am gonna sit back and wait for all the “needle sweepers” monetise this on social media lol

If any wants their system recoded to get TMC back and can get to Muswell Hill, North London I will do it FREE for forum members.

Reactions: biggaz76, matthew999, Frizzley and 1 other person
Great find! I'll change this in my A4 as a back up if the online services are ever down

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk