Audi Connect has expired. Renewal question

Ryan Carpenter

Reaction score
Hi

I have had my A4 for a little over two years now and was given Audi Connect for this duration. The only thing I really use and have noticed has now gone is google maps, I never checked weather or anything in the car.

Has anyone managed to get Audi to extend or do I now have to buy a sim card? If so any suggestions?

I'm assuming the Audi app will still work as normal. So I can still locate car, unlock remotely etc.

Many thanks
Ryan

I contacted Audi Customer Services and they extended mine for another 12 months

I had to chase my dealer a number of times before they did this...

Don’t bother with the dealer - give Audi UK a call, they extended mine no questions

What is the cost involved in this? Mine is due to expire shortly

They extended mine for free. I don't think Audi have worked-out how to monetise this yet so, for the meantime, it's free.

Audi Live chat and they'll sort it.

email sent at 1110am today and response extending the license FOC for 12 months received at 1130am

Can't complain about that

Reactions: cuke2u
The initial 3 months trial period goes on...
On my weekly drive to the shops today - license expiry message displayed, restart once shopping complete no message, checked MMI setting once home expiry now 05/21. no contact with audi all automatic and free...
Will i still have the car this time next year....
Hhhhhmmm lease up January, the last 7 (to date) weeks on reduced (zero) income haven't helped with the final payment.

Reactions: RS3 S.
Just to say that this forum is great. I was all prepared to shell out £100 to renew my Audi Connect and then remembered this thread. A quick email to Audi and they renewed my licence for another 12 months free of charge. Usually Audi tend to bleed me dry.

Reactions: RS3 S. and cuke2u
Just to say that this forum is great. I was all prepared to shell out £100 to renew my Audi Connect and then remembered this thread. A quick email to Audi and they renewed my licence for another 12 months free of charge. Usually Audi tend to bleed me dry.

What email address did you use?

Sorry,

But what did you say to them? :)

"Hi,
Please extend my Audi Connect.
K thnx bye!"

Or is there something more to it than that?

I did this a few days ago. Emailed customer services asking for extension. They replied back a few days later saying it was done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got this response within 10 minutes:

[EMAIL]customer.services@audi.co.uk[/EMAIL] said:
Thank you for your recent email regarding your Audi Connect Licence.

I have requested an extension to your licence with our Connect Support Team at AUDI AG.

The Connect Support Team deal with Connect Licence extensions worldwide, so please be aware that this request can take up to two weeks to process. This is free of charge at the moment; however there may be a cost in the future.

I will contact you as soon as I have any further information.

In the meantime, I would like to take this opportunity to thank for your understanding and patience while your request is being looked into.

Result! Thanks guys.

According to the app - they can be contacted directly on digitalsupport.uk@audi.de

Yep I contacted them via this email address back in March. Received a response back an hour later and was updated in the car within a day or two from memory. Just gave them my name and car registration number and that was it.

They renewed mine for 2years when I asked for my extension last year for some reason! When I checked it recently it now expires 2022..so somewhere along the line they've put a third year on for free!

I'm hoping the fees are totally scrapped soon anyway, I only use it for the live traffic, which I can get on my phone for free anyway, it's the same data as google maps, so why is it chargeable?
Seems like car manufacturers are literally taking someone else's free product. Repackaging it and taking payment for it

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Just to update this thread, it looks like Digital Services have changed their response and are guiding people to pay and renew licenses via the App itself.
I have just got the following reply from Digital Services "Please be informed that, after the launch of Functions on demand, our license renewal process has changed.This can be done directly from the myAudi app, by selecting the car and then scrolling to the Functions on demand store. By the time that you access the store you will have the option to purchase licenses."
I am not sure of the full benefit of the license but it looks like £37 per year.
I think I might just delete the app from my phone

Just to update this thread, it looks like Digital Services have changed their response and are guiding people to pay and renew licenses via the App itself.
I have just got the following reply from Digital Services "Please be informed that, after the launch of Functions on demand, our license renewal process has changed.This can be done directly from the myAudi app, by selecting the car and then scrolling to the Functions on demand store. By the time that you access the store you will have the option to purchase licenses."
I am not sure of the full benefit of the license but it looks like £37 per year.
I think I might just delete the app from my phone
Yeah monthly costs are expensive mines showing as £14.50 for Audi Connect and Remote Services as £4 a month, with my Audi connect due to expire in Sept I’m undecided what I’ll do.

Note that if your Google Maps has been affected, simply extending your licence won't fix this. It needs a software update

Yes, my A4 is affected by the Google maps issue and I was aware it requires an update. Digital Services have confirmed my car can be updated, but have not responded further since I asked them to confirm if this update was being provided free of charge.

Reactions: A4 SJC
Mine needs the update, but I intend to VT shortly so not fussed. I can use Google Maps via CarPlay

Yes, my A4 is affected by the Google maps issue and I was aware it requires an update. Digital Services have confirmed my car can be updated, but have not responded further since I asked them to confirm if this update was being provided free of charge.
If your car is in warranty it should be free if it isn’t expect to pay is the general rule.

It was just your vin number but they are no longer doing the free extensions.

Feel free to try though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Service expired whilst I was on a West Country driving holiday and left me in the lurch. Told customer services and the directed me to buy a new license. Disconnected me when I complained that I had had no warning and it was really inconvenient. Audi car, VW service.

I only use traffic really, not interested in Weather or Twitter, does it fall back to TMC traffic when the license is up? Mine's due to die at the end of the Month and I won't be renewing just for traffic.