Audi connect/google earth

Very bizarre when you think I, and others, haven't had to do this...

I appreciate what you are saying cuke2u BUT on a factory fresh car you should just be able to log in without the messing around.

I quite agree, which is why I was suggesting something is different because I logged mine in upon collection with the salesperson talking me through it....

Yes my salesperson just told me to register on collection. Little did I realise what a faff it would be.
Anyways thanks to the thread and postings i am sorted now. Cheers to all.

Reactions: cuke2u
This is really annoying me now.

I have the Audi Connect App and it shows me that my car is parked, locked, mileage, fuel level etc etc

But I cannot get Connect to work in the car, so i cant get weather or news or Google maps etc. I have tried resetting Audi Connect in the MMI menu with no success.

I have tried logging on via email address and pass word and also the pin which i can see in the App.

Anything else i should try before booking it in to a dealer?

This is really annoying me now.

I have the Audi Connect App and it shows me that my car is parked, locked, mileage, fuel level etc etc

But I cannot get Connect to work in the car, so i cant get weather or news or Google maps etc. I have tried resetting Audi Connect in the MMI menu with no success.

I have tried logging on via email address and pass word and also the pin which i can see in the App.

Anything else i should try before booking it in to a dealer?
I got it working by factory reset of MMI, but needed to do all option, not just Audi connect. I would try that before taking to a dealer.

I've just fixed it! - amazing what a bit of angry tinkering does!

So, in Settings, Online Settings there is a option for Data Connection. Under this there is another sub menu with 4 fields, the bottom one being something like Disconnect Data Sim services or similar (i'll have another look and re post pics this evening).

Disconnect. It takes a minute or so for the fields to go grey, indicating that it has disconnected.

Reconnect. Again, it takes a minute for it to reconnect and the fields to go white again.

Everything worked.

Sorted.

I've just fixed it! - amazing what a bit of angry tinkering does!

So, in Settings, Online Settings there is a option for Data Connection. Under this there is another sub menu with 4 fields, the bottom one being something like Disconnect Data Sim services or similar (i'll have another look and re post pics this evening).

Disconnect. It takes a minute or so for the fields to go grey, indicating that it has disconnected.

Reconnect. Again, it takes a minute for it to reconnect and the fields to go white again.

Everything worked.

Sorted.

That's what I had to do and was going to suggest it! The Data Module I think it's called? Takes a fair while to turn off and back on a again but seemed to work straight away once I did it too. :)

Not sure if this will help anyone but some instructions from Audi Technical

tpi1.png

tpi2.png

tpi3.png
Thanks for this.
My car has got the older system with connect, google earth overlay hasn't been working for a few days now and, according to Audi support (just an hour ago), their techs are still working to resolve the problem!!
I had already tried the 3 button reset without luck but decided to give this a go.
For some reason the data settings come under the telephone menu in my car but apart from that looks pretty much the same. I unclicked the sim, switched the data module off and on, switched off ignition clicked the sim back in, locked it and left it for 20 minutes.
Being 'non tech savvy' I'm pretty chuffed as all seems to be working now :)

Reactions: Dan_G
My Google Earth has not been working for a few days and it seems that there was a worldwide problem with it. It started working again yesterday, and I have seen reports from others that theirs is too. I didn't do anything to get it working again so definitely an Audi server issue.

i haven't used by car much over the last week, but when i used it this morning, noticed that the nav system had switch over to normal plain maps, rather than google maps (which had been running without issue for a couple of months) - i just went into the menu, and saw that for some reason google maps had become unticked - reticked it, and now its working fine again.

I've tried everything listed here to try and get the Audi Connect on the MMI to sync up with my myAudi account, but it refuses to work, I just keep getting a message saying "A connection error has occurred" when I enter code under the scratch off bit with the keys. Going to take it into the dealers on the weekend to see if they can fix it.

I've tried everything listed here to try and get the Audi Connect on the MMI to sync up with my myAudi account, but it refuses to work, I just keep getting a message saying "A connection error has occurred" when I enter code under the scratch off bit with the keys. Going to take it into the dealers on the weekend to see if they can fix it.

You definitely reset the module? And deleted then re-created your myAudi profile? I had to do both before it would work for me...

You definitely reset the module? And deleted then re-created your myAudi profile? I had to do both before it would work for me...

Tried the resetting of the data module, then tried the reset of the module then leave locked for 20 mins, tried the soft reset of the MMI with the 3 buttons, tried factory reset of the MMI.

When you say delete the myAudi profile, do you mean through the webpage, completely delete it and try again.

When you say delete the myAudi profile, do you mean through the webpage, completely delete it and try again.

Yes, completely delete on the web page and create a totally new one. I did all the resetting in the car and found that I could get Google Earth and things to work but nothing linking to myAudi. Re-created the profile, reset the data module and all worked fine.

Yes, completely delete on the web page and create a totally new one. I did all the resetting in the car and found that I could get Google Earth and things to work but nothing linking to myAudi. Re-created the profile, reset the data module and all worked fine.

Ok, cheers Dan, just deleted the profile and recreated, will see if that makes any difference at lunchtime.

Reactions: Daggerit
Hope so! May take one last restart of the data module but with any luck once you've stuck in your new myAudi pin it'll work fine.

Now won't login using the code from myAudi website when I created the profile, but I think (hope) that is more the lack of signal where I'm parked as getting 1 bar LTE, will try again after work when I can stop in an area with better coverage.

Woo hoo, finally got it all working together, I stopped somewhere on my way home to make sure I had full signal, then reset the data module before it would accept the myAudi code, then I had to reset the data module again before it would accept the code from the scratch off key ring.

Then Google earth stopped working and was a blur. Anyway got home and locked the car for 5 mins, then started out again and everything is finally working together.

Thanks for your help Dan, Dan and the rest of you.

Glad you got it all sorted bud! It’s just a bit temperamental it would seem...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone else’s Audi Connect suddenly stopped working today? Whilst driving the map suddenly switched from Google Earth to the standard map and the LTE connection disappeared!
Now Audi Connect reports that there is no data service available, please insert sim!

It did this when I first picked the car up but then suddenly started working, I have disabled/ re-enabled the data connection so I’m going to check again in about 30 minutes...... fingers crossed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine did the same this morning, conveniently I was on my way to the Audi garage anyway. Apparently there was an update and they reset the system, left it locked for 20 mins, after that it worked fine.

Reactions: taylorc
Audi Connect sure seems flakier than any other online service I have, it's been on the fritz at least 4 times in the under 3 weeks I've had the car. They could really do with a Service Status page so that you can quickly check whether the problem is Connect or your car dropping off.

Reactions: taylorc
Thanks, so mine just suddenly burst into life again...... totally agree about the status page, it would certainly stop the paranoia lol........ especially seeing that the connection status in the car always says that there is a good connection even though the car isn’t connected!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To do a factory reset, in the main MMI menu, go to settings, then scroll down to the bottom and select factory reset.

Just a note, mobile signals, like TV, suffer when we have cold dense air, or when it is foggy...