Audi connect/google earth

5pot

Favouritism
Reaction score
I'm unable to connect to myaudi and google earth doesn't show.
'It is not currently possible to connect to the myaudi server.' Message is displayed every time I select google earth :/

It's showing a 3G signal and the google logo is showing on the bottom right hand side of the screen. The mmi connect app works but that's about it.

Anyone know how to sort this issue?

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and gone
I've already read through the threads before posting. Those guys have had it working whereas mine won't work at all

I've posted on this a couple of weeks ago. Had my car 3 weeks and still getting same message as you. The problem is currently with my local dealer's tech guy - I've tried everything he's suggested to no avail. He's just told me today he's now waiting on Audi to get back to him.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, GStatus and 5pot
I've posted on this a couple of weeks ago. Had my car 3 weeks and still getting same message as you. The problem is currently with my local dealer's tech guy - I've tried everything he's suggested to no avail. He's just told me today he's now waiting on Audi to get back to him.
Let me know how you get on

Reactions: GStatus
A factory reset of the mmi fixed google earth map connectivity for me, give that a try.
The Key primary user linkage worked properly after the reset.

What still doesn't work however is the myaudi login for destinations, twitter and syncing of your personal RSS feeds, 2 days ago it worked for an hour but since then it's disconnected. When you enter the pin given by my Audi it just says "the service is unavailable"

It's downright disgraceful for a service, that some people pay for, doesnt work with no official word from Audi on what's being done to resolve it

Reactions: 5pot
A factory reset of the mmi fixed google earth map connectivity for me, give that a try.
The Key primary user linkage worked properly after the reset.

What still doesn't work however is the myaudi login for destinations, twitter and syncing of your personal RSS feeds, 2 days ago it worked for an hour but since then it's disconnected. When you enter the pin given by my Audi it just says "the service is unavailable"

It's downright disgraceful for a service, that some people pay for, doesnt work with no official word from Audi on what's being done to resolve it
I've tried the reset didn't work for me. The primary user linkage worked at first attempt it's just the google earth. Service unavailable same as yours

Please search before you post, with respect there are three other threads about this and plenty of information within other audi threads. I don't mean to be rude but the information is there if you look...
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/google-maps-taking-ages-to-load-doesnt-fully-start.330355/
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/mmi-nav-stuck-on-google-earth-start-up-screen.332251/
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/embedded-sim-fail.322295/page-3

What an unhelpful contribution. Are you a mod or not?

A few of your posts seem pretty high handed and generally unfriendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an unhelpful contribution. Are you a mod or not?

A few of your posts seem pretty high handed and generally unfriendly.

To be fair, he did say with respect, and he also linked several relevant threads even if it didn't answer the OP's question in this case. Cuke has been very helpful in my opinion over the years, even if he missed the detail on this occasion, no need to make it personal

Reactions: cuke2u
I had the same issue on my S5 delivered on Monday.
Primary user set up ok, but pin entry would give the try later message. Also never seen Google earth work.
After waiting thinking it's just because it's new, I did the factory reset of the MMI again, but this time selected everything to reset option.
Then firstly went to the navy, select online etc to get to the pin entry option first, pin accepted first time. Then set the primary user after, that worked first time also. Google earth and myAudi destinations showing now.
Just got to set phone and everything else up again now.

Primary user set up ok, but pin entry would give the try later message. Also never seen Google earth work.
After waiting thinking it's just because it's new, I did the factory reset of the MMI again, but this time selected everything to reset option.
Then firstly went to the navy, select online etc to get to the pin entry option first, pin accepted first time. Then set the primary user after, that worked first time also. Google earth and myAudi destinations showing now.
I'll give this a go and report back

No guarantees but it worked for me.
My lease was driven to me, so I guess some info had been put in the MMI which my have prevented me from logging in?
Anyway, still working this morning.

I've reset everything. What's this pin entry?

You need to go to nav, then special destinations, online update, then a screen where you can login with username and password but below is a third option to enter pin login instead, I clicked that and entered there and it worked.

Would it be easier if I post some screen shots?

Reactions: Ken76
You need to go to nav, then special destinations, online update, then a screen where you can login with username and password but below is a third option to enter pin login instead, I clicked that and entered there and it worked.

Would it be easier if I post some screen shots?
Yes please :) can't find online update in special destination

So on navigation: special destinations is the 4th line down myAudi special destinations? If so scroll to it then + symbol ( right silver button) then 5th line down is import?

Attachments

• IMG_20170707_143347.jpg
    IMG_20170707_143347.jpg
    813.7 KB · Views: 703
So on navigation: special destinations is the 4th line down myAudi special destinations? If so scroll to it then + symbol ( right silver button) then 5th line down is import?
I didn't bother doing that google earth just worked after I did another reset! I need to set the primary user now and hopefully it should all work

Primary user alone doesn't get all the Audi connect functions. I now get news,weather, Twitter etc that I never seen before.
The other option is from the main screen select Audi connect, then scroll left to get the search/entry box where you can draw on top of the scroll wheel and enter login, then right button on it, scroll down to select login and enter pin after clicking under the username and password boxes.

Pin still not working for me
Reset twice today
I get all the functions
I just don't get MY RSS feeds or twitter or the myaudi destinations

I didn't notice them immediately last night after getting Google earth for the first time, but they're working this afternoon.

Everything works for me now. Reset in settings, activate google earth, then set primary user and use the 8 digit pin from the myaudi site

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, cuke2u and Philvrs
Works for me now didn't reset again, it's a central server problem them I guess

Hasn't worked for me for a few days now, service is down. Anyone else having this issue

everything works except the myaudi login, i dont get my configured rss feeds or twitter. just disappointed in this.

If you click on my name you would know from where. It's not like I am going to tell everyone exactly where I live..;-)

Reactions: RaZ A4
After google earth playing up for about 2 weeks, it has been working fine for me. No longer seeing the loading screen. Drive from Yorkshire to London and back on Sunday it loaded up immediately and no issues. Checked a few random times back end of last week and this week and every time it was loaded up and ready. I have made no changes it simply started working again.

Google earth works flawlessly aswell as many of the other features. It's precisely the myaudi login for twitter and destinations that are intermittent, this in turn means that your personalised RSS feeds don't work either

If you click on my name you would know from where. It's not like I am going to tell everyone exactly where I live..;-)
Thank you. I didn't know that.

Reactions: cuke2u
Not sure if this will help anyone but some instructions from Audi Technical

tpi1.png

tpi2.png

tpi3.png

Reactions: Dan_G and SteveMcB
Thats more or less the same as a MMI reset using the button combination, somewhat simplier and useful to know though...

Morning all,

I am having difficulties as well getting Audi Connect to well err connect. I have set up the primary user with no issues and have set up my account with Audi.Com. I have a pin code and when I enter this all i get is that the service is not working and to try again later.

I have even soft reset the system as described. Any tips?

Should i do a full factory reset? Talk about a most dis-jointed system to get working.

That's exactly what I had. Did the full factory reset as stated on here from Philvrs from last Friday morning. It's worked fine ever since.

All sorted now. I did a full factory reset and it solved the log in issue. It is bizzare that you have to do this on a brand new car.

Reactions: Dunders