Audi Connect App on an S3 Help

jackr1

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2017 S3. I’m trying to connect it to the app, speaking to Audi customer service I need to be defined as the owner. The local garage are adamant they have done it/nothing more to do so just after if anyone has the same as me?

I have a grey key tag with a 7 digit tag not the 10 digit scratch off so my understanding is I should be able to see some information on my car but won’t be able to lock/unlock etc. Is that right ? I’ll attach the current screen I have.

Any help would be appreciated before I go back to the Audi garage again. Audi CS said I should be able to see more !

Thanks in advanced

Attachments

• C63F114B-35C3-4F7D-BF0B-F4C2A74E5FE4.jpeg
    C63F114B-35C3-4F7D-BF0B-F4C2A74E5FE4.jpeg
    948.2 KB · Views: 244
I would contact Audi again once they make you the owner of the vehicle they have to accept it which I found out after the second phone call, if that makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you load up Audi connect on the car MMI, scroll to the bottom and should be an option to log in. This is where you use the tag on the key to log in. You'll need an Audi account prior to this.

Your dealer should be able to set this all up for you, they did for me.

However the Audi app for the A3/S3 doesn't give you a lot of features. Just service information I think.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Maybe ill just give up with it then!! Thanks all!

I’ve got a 2017 S3. I’m trying to connect it to the app, speaking to Audi customer service I need to be defined as the owner. The local garage are adamant they have done it/nothing more to do so just after if anyone has the same as me?

I have a grey key tag with a 7 digit tag not the 10 digit scratch off so my understanding is I should be able to see some information on my car but won’t be able to lock/unlock etc. Is that right ? I’ll attach the current screen I have.

Any help would be appreciated before I go back to the Audi garage again. Audi CS said I should be able to see more !

Thanks in advanced
The only reason you would need to defined as the owner would be to read the digital service record. Otherwise you can link the car to the app by logging in on the Myaudi website, putting in your vin number then it should generate a pin you can use in the car.
But, as other's have stated, with the A3 there is not a lot you can do. I believe you should be able to send destinations to the car using the app but don't quote me on that as I own a A4...