Audi Connect - 3 Months Trail Expired

Rocksteve69

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been driving my A4 BE for 3 months now and was advised on a few days ago that the Audi Connect trail license had expired. I didnt realise how much I actually used it (google maps, traffic updates on the maps, speech to text). So after confirming that I needed to renew my license on myaudi with no idea how to renew it or how much it was (Audi dealership was clueless), I sent an email to Audi customer services. Just waiting, but wanted to ask if anyone else has been able to renew the services?

Hi, I've been given a 3 year trail licence from Audi UK. They don't yet have a pricing structure for this service so the service is still set in "trail mode".

Worth asking Audi UK to extend the period.

Reactions: Rocksteve69
I've had an email from Audi this morning saying they have extended my license for another 12 months :)

Reactions: AlnSaz
I picked up my car in June, nearly 5 months on Audi Connect is still active. I didn't have to call CS to get it extended.

However one query I have is if I install a 4G data SIM will I get the Wifi hotspot function? and will Google Earth continue to use the built in SIM or my data SIM?

Pete

It's not that great, familiarise yourself with android auto and you'll never look back.

I picked up my car in June, nearly 5 months on Audi Connect is still active. I didn't have to call CS to get it extended.

However one query I have is if I install a 4G data SIM will I get the Wifi hotspot function? and will Google Earth continue to use the built in SIM or my data SIM?

Pete
The only answer I know is that all the connect services including earth will use the sims you've fitted. Page 228 of my manual states that your own sims card will be used for all data connections...