Audi Configurator

RMJ891

Reaction score
Even though I have mine - just out of interest I looked at the Audi configurator today and noticed that the Audi S1 Sportback is no longer there.

Anyone know what the deal is with this - has it come to the end of its production run?

Hopefully there won't be an update soon, and am I right in thinking that limiting the numbers like that (if production stops) is good for ye olde residuals?

It might be a red herring, of course...

Fair enough - do you know what Audi's plans are with the S1? I guess it's been on sale 18 months now... do they intend for it to have as long a production run as the A1? I get the feeling that most of the people that want one have already put in an order - it's more an enthusiast's car...

It's here to stay. From now on all new models will have an 'S' version for its entire lifecycle and an 'RS' version for its life -2 years in (such as with the 8V RS3 coming out 2 years after the A/S3) - it will remain with all 3 options until the 8V is retired.

Ah okay, gotcha. It's good that the S models come out nice and quickly, at least...

Still not back up.
Wonder if they have stopped.

Also just thinking - if all models have the 'S' for the entire lifecycle, is it not strange that the new S4 has not been announced alongside the new A4?

Reactions: PastS1Owner
I wonder have they pulled the sportback s1... Luckily mine is on the way :D

i really hope they have pulled them

keeps the numbers down , makes the car a rarer car , which also keeps residuals better

shows less than 500 registered cars in uk , dont think this figure has been updated though , but thats cool

Yeah I guess it would be for us owners! If there were 333 of the A1 Quattro (which is now going at £60,000+) then surely there must be more than 500 UK S1s?!

333 quattro s is world wide not many here

I tweeted Audi UK about this and got this response.

Reactions: RMJ891
Hopefully with a nice, fat price increase!! :)

Reactions: gingers3